PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Epson D92 printer

dawncw
17-Apr-08, 20:38
Hiya, i bought an Epson D92 printer about 3 weeks ago, after using it for a couple of nights and printing of a couple of pictures it told me my magenta ink has run out, so off i popped to tesco and replaced it with another epson cartridge, now tonight it is telling me the same that it is empty but i know it was full last night!! ive tried taking the cartridge out and putting the same one back in but it still saying its empty!!! All epson customer services are closed for the night and im needing something printed off ASAP!

Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Dawn.

blueivy
17-Apr-08, 21:19
Hiya, i bought an Epson D92 printer about 3 weeks ago, after using it for a couple of nights and printing of a couple of pictures it told me my magenta ink has run out, so off i popped to tesco and replaced it with another epson cartridge, now tonight it is telling me the same that it is empty but i know it was full last night!! ive tried taking the cartridge out and putting the same one back in but it still saying its empty!!! All epson customer services are closed for the night and im needing something printed off ASAP!

Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Dawn.

This mighty sound like a daft question, but did you follow the instructions for replacing the cartridge? Some printers need you to run through a few tests which reset their software counters.

dawncw
18-Apr-08, 07:01
Yeah i did follow the instructions to replace the cartridge

Bobbyian
18-Apr-08, 19:20
I have been using a D68 for some time now and have found two things

1. It regularly tells me I am not using Epson cartridges which I know I am.... ignore it
2. It also tells me at some point my that a cartridge is empty and needs changing... ignore for at least 10 pages even if it offers to mix the required colour at some point you will see it fading..
my answer was always to have a rerplacement cartidge in the house but only replace when I see that it is not satisfactory.. in other word

Donīt Panik

hope it helps a bit

dawncw
19-Apr-08, 09:54
thanks for that. will give it another go today and try ignoring it and see how it goes!!! I do have a spare ink cartridge in the house but not willing to change it over when i know the other one is full!!!

thanks for the help

Dawn.