PDA

View Full Version : Milk and Acne

cuddlepop
16-Apr-08, 20:05
In todays mail.
"Teenagers who had a pint of skimmed milk a day are almost 50% more likely to have spots than those who rarely or never drink milk."

My daughters acne is so bad it now looks like Roaccutane is the only option left.
This is one scarey drug :~(

Has anyone tried removing milk for acne and why specifically skimmed milk as whole and semi skimmed have less of a risk.:confused

martin macdonald
16-Apr-08, 20:30
ask your doc for a cream called retin a. excellent for acne, i think this thing about milk is a load of tosh:eek:

dirdyweeker
16-Apr-08, 20:43
In todays mail.
"Teenagers who had a pint of skimmed milk a day are almost 50% more likely to have spots than those who rarely or never drink milk."

My daughters acne is so bad it now looks like Roaccutane is the only option left.
This is one scarey drug :~(

Has anyone tried removing milk for acne and why specifically skimmed milk as whole and semi skimmed have less of a risk.:confused

If you read all of the article in the Mail it did say a new drug is being trialled which could be available by next year. SMT D002 is actually available at the moment in pill form and so far on trial no-one has suffered any side effects.

sids
16-Apr-08, 21:35
Thought it was a thread about Dr Feelgood songs.

As you were.