PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used...?

Ash
13-Apr-08, 18:42
right sorry for putting this on here but i am waiting for nhs direct to get back to me, my daughter on wednesday was diagonsed with chronic constipation, we have been given Movicol - Half, started it on thursday, started with 2, then 4, 6 yesterday and 6 today(advised by paedtrician) these are sachets you dilute with water and you can add juice if you wish, which we have as it doesnt taste nice, the stuff is working and was said it would get worse before it got better, but today she has awful diahorrea, i mean awful, she not sick or anything but just curious if anyone has used this on kids or not, she has had her dose for today but is meant to receive another 6 2moro

has anyone used this before?

Julia
13-Apr-08, 19:10
I've used movical amongst other laxatives as my son has the same problem, if it's very watery then you need to cut back on the sachets, it means playing about until you reach a happy medium or going regularly but not having diarrhoea. We didn't use the sachets for long and are now on laxoberal which is much better.

Ash
13-Apr-08, 19:26
I've used movical amongst other laxatives as my son has the same problem, if it's very watery then you need to cut back on the sachets, it means playing about until you reach a happy medium or going regularly but not having diarrhoea. We didn't use the sachets for long and are now on laxoberal which is much better.

we were given a plan from the paedrtician, she is expecting her to receive 6 again 2moro...very watery aint the word, hope i can get some answers

carasmam
13-Apr-08, 19:56
Hope you hear back from them soon, they are usually pretty quick when it's a child you are concerned about. Dehydration will be a worry if it's that watery :( Hope she's feeling better soon

Ash
13-Apr-08, 20:12
we heard back, not much they can do, but advised not to give her anymore til talk to paedtrician tomorow, she in bed now, she should sleep soon as very tired, understandbly, i just think the dosage to high ..... poor thing:~(

Julia
13-Apr-08, 20:35
Make sure she has plenty to drink if she wakes through the night, but you already know this being a mum ;)

Ash
13-Apr-08, 20:39
Make sure she has plenty to drink if she wakes through the night, but you already know this being a mum ;)

hi yeah thanks for that, she is sound but i have put her water bottle up with her incase she gets thirsty thanks again

ExoticQueen
16-Apr-08, 18:52
hope she gets better am on the sachets and am an adult i have too take 6 a day that dosage you were given is way too high for the poor wee mite what a shame hope shes better soon .:~(

Ash
16-Apr-08, 19:03
hey we have put her down to one, as the 6 were on the cleaning out regime, one seems to be doing the trick, she is moving her bowels normally just now so i hope it this is the start of it

hope ur ok xx

dirdyweeker
16-Apr-08, 20:46
hope she gets better am on the sachets and am an adult i have too take 6 a day that dosage you were given is way too high for the poor wee mite what a shame hope shes better soon .:~(

The childs dose is less than the adults. It is called Movicol-Half

Ash
16-Apr-08, 20:47
The childs dose is less than the adults. It is called Movicol-Half

adults can still use this
it says on box not recommended for kids under 12 but because prescribed by paedtrician its ok