PDA

View Full Version : dying wish

dandod
12-Apr-08, 23:51
seen this story on the news.what a horrible thing to happen to a family.i think a dying wish should always be honoured.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7344205.stm

Fran
13-Apr-08, 01:37
I was so saddened by this. I suppose rules are rules and have to be obeyed. Yet the daughter could have given her mother her kidney when she was alive but not when she was dead. I feel so sorry for the mother knowing her daughters organs went to three other people and not to herself as the daughter wanted. Maybe some people will get together and get the law changed, but i dont think this will be an easy task. there is a waiting list and this must be adhered to even though it means patients are dying on the waiting list. It is very very sad.

Oddquine
13-Apr-08, 04:02
I thought the mother already had a sister willing to donate a kidney.......so by not using the daughter's, somebody else has a chance of a better life.

I don't think that anyone donating organs should be allowed to pick and choose who gets them................if they want to do that, then they should be making arrangements to be a living donor, because that is, rightly, the only way to ensure your kidneys go where you want, rather than where they are urgently needed.

EDDIE
13-Apr-08, 09:36
if every one in the uk was good enough to donate there organs after they die there probably would not be a waiting list for transplant.
And end of the day your organs are no use to u when u die so u might as well give some one else the chance to live.

balto
13-Apr-08, 10:08
this is just a case of someone else needing the organs more, simple as.