PDA

View Full Version : Spent £100,000 - now can't pay the rent!

Penelope Pitstop
08-Apr-08, 12:39
Anyone else see the pair or worthies on breakfast TV this morning??

A couple won £100,000 on a scratch card. In less than a year they have spent all the money and now can't pay their rent......awww my heart bleeds for them....not:confused

Anyway, now they can't understand why they aren't being dished out housing benefit and council tax......

Three words spring to mind.....GET A JOB......

rs 2k
08-Apr-08, 14:06
I saw this and the reason they won't get their rent paid for them is because there is over £40,000 they can't account for

They could of bought a house with all that money,and had no rent to pay,well in a different area, coz where they r u couldn't buy a house for that money, thats what i would of done, well i would of paid our mortgage off and had fun with the rest

They bought a new car and a caravan, well now they will have to sell them to pay their rent, [lol]

Rie
08-Apr-08, 17:22
saw this pair on tv this morning.....what a joke, if they had a brain between them they would have invested sensibly not had a good time and wasted that kind of money,if things get too hard for them they can go live in there static caravan its not like they have nowhere to go if the council chucked them out!!!! i think its wrong to waste that ammount of money and expect the council to pay there rent and council tax!! shame on them!!![evil]

purplerain
08-Apr-08, 17:46
I read this story in the paper last week, what a pair, Get a job indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

percy toboggan
08-Apr-08, 17:53
This couple were twelve grand in arrears with their rent !
Just how much rope do people get nowadays?

I know a hundred grand won't buy much in Hammersmith & Fulham but they could have moved. They sounded dimmish...world owes us a living types..on the radio yesterday...all I would say is...

...far more scandalous things are happening at the top of the economic tree than ever are happening at the bottom. Slag these people off by all means but true venom should be reserved for those high income/high flyers who pay less tax than I (and possibly you) do.

Penelope Pitstop
08-Apr-08, 17:57
I saw this and the reason they won't get their rent paid for them is because there is over £40,000 they can't account for

They could of bought a house with all that money,and had no rent to pay,well in a different area, coz where they r u couldn't buy a house for that money, thats what i would of done, well i would of paid our mortgage off and had fun with the rest

They bought a new car and a caravan, well now they will have to sell them to pay their rent,

They know how to work the system ...I'll say that for them....just hope the system doesn't cave in to them any more.

They were going to invest 70K but when they found out they would ONLY:confused get £300-£400 a month they thought it wasn't worth it....so they spent it instead......what kind of mentality is that.

Aye, they can now go and live in the static caravan that they bought...no rent to pay there;) Mind you they are trying to sell it for £7K although they bought it for £22K a year ago...depreciation they said...depreciation my bum...more like pocketing the difference to try and get their figures to balance for the benfits agency.

Give them nothing.

ciderally
08-Apr-08, 18:05
They know how to work the system ...I'll say that for them....just hope the system doesn't cave in to them any more.

They were going to invest 70K but when they found out they would ONLY:confused get £300-£400 a month they thought it wasn't worth it....so they spent it instead......what kind of mentality is that.

Aye, they can now go and live in the static caravan that they bought...no rent to pay there;) Mind you they are trying to sell it for £7K although they bought it for £22K a year ago...depreciation they said...depreciation my bum...more like pocketing the difference to try and get their figures to balance for the benfits agency.

Give them nothing.
you got it in one penelope....

percy toboggan
08-Apr-08, 18:59
The caravan site only allows eight month occupancy...and caravan value depreciates really quickly.Espewcially when it's been inhabited by flea ridden benefit scroungers.

I'm surprised nobody has asked ' how come they could afford a scratch card yet?'

I'm not for bailing out these numpty's...they deserve little...it's just a bit sad to see the baying mob picking on those with the fewest defences....I'd rather the mob storming knob hill and targetting the transgressions and tax dodgers at the other end of the scale. M.P's expenses for instance.

Loch not Lock
09-Apr-08, 12:15
I've sent them a couple of quid to tide them over. They are pretty typical of a great deal of British people.
And I have seen orgers on here complain about immigrants.:(

_Ju_
09-Apr-08, 13:08
The truth is that hard working people who sweated for every brick, fixture and fitting in their house and that managed through hard work and harder saving to get a little something together get repeatedly punished ( taxes and more taxes, sometimes disguised). Where as if you don't plan, don't save, don't work, don't...don't.....don't...... then someone else will take care of it for you ( the shmuck who is planning). So that breeds the "why bother?" types. Moraly this couple shoulkd not be bailed out. But they will be. And I will end up paying for it ( as will every other tax payer).

Penelope Pitstop
09-Apr-08, 14:54
The truth is that hard working people who sweated for every brick, fixture and fitting in their house and that managed through hard work and harder saving to get a little something together get repeatedly punished ( taxes and more taxes, sometimes disguised). Where as if you don't plan, don't save, don't work, don't...don't.....don't...... then someone else will take care of it for you ( the shmuck who is planning). So that breeds the "why bother?" types. Moraly this couple shoulkd not be bailed out. But they will be. And I will end up paying for it ( as will every other tax payer).

Your so right Ju ...and of course they will get bailed out.

They were on TV again this morning........are they really so stupid or is it part of their plan??

.........Get A Job........Poor him he's got a frozen shoulder and poor her she's got a bad hip.......pick yourself up and get on with it guys for goodness sake.

Percy, start a thread on the MP's expenses, etc. I'll have a rant on that one too!!

percy toboggan
09-Apr-08, 19:24
.........Get A Job........Poor him he's got a frozen shoulder and poor her she's got a bad hip.......pick yourself up and get on with it guys for goodness sake.

Percy, start a thread on the MP's expenses, etc. I'll have a rant on that one too!!

No ...'cause I'd rather talk about myself for a second...I've got two bad hips and have also had a frozen shoulder in the recent past which righted itself after about eight months...neither have so far cost me single day off work. I've changed my mind....put these two in the stocks[mad] then put them out of their self-inflicted misery.

rainbow
09-Apr-08, 20:21
Well after 11 holidays last year when could they find time to work!!!!
The Mrs says she has a bad hip - whats wrong with a sit down job - call centre or receptionist - a bad hip doesn't rule you out of the job market. Looks like they are a couple of spongers who want the tax payers to keep them going! It makes me soooooo angry.

Penelope Pitstop
10-Apr-08, 13:02
Well after 11 holidays last year when could they find time to work!!!!
The Mrs says she has a bad hip - whats wrong with a sit down job - call centre or receptionist - a bad hip doesn't rule you out of the job market. Looks like they are a couple of spongers who want the tax payers to keep them going! It makes me soooooo angry.

She would probably be really good working in the benefits office....I'm sure she knows all the tricks of the system......OMG think of the money it would cost us:(

david
10-Apr-08, 13:43
Just a shame that these 2 hadn't saved into a private pension scheme. That way they'd be guaranteed to get nowt!

Penelope Pitstop
10-Apr-08, 13:54
Just a shame that these 2 hadn't saved into a private pension scheme. That way they'd be guaranteed to get nowt!

Their pensions scheme is us....the tax payer[disgust]

david
10-Apr-08, 14:07
Their pensions scheme is us....the tax payer[disgust]
Sad but true!

percy toboggan
10-Apr-08, 17:04
Indeed David...this must gall you somewhat.

david
10-Apr-08, 23:01
Indeed David...this must gall you somewhat.

Not really, all part of life's unfairness. Never had or likely to be in a position to waste that kind of cash. In the past I may have considered investing it, however with hindsight?

david
10-Apr-08, 23:15
Not really, all part of life's unfairness. Never had or likely to be in a position to waste that kind of cash. In the past I may have considered investing it, however with hindsight?

Ooops just realised donig some sums that I have in fact, as a rough guess invested around 50k into my pension pot over the years. Now how much were they looking for that static caravan? looking to offer them an unfair price in line with current government policy.

david
10-Apr-08, 23:27
Dash it all and blast! Looks like foreign nationals beat me to the caravan. Life can be so unfair at times! Wel I suppose you must just accept it?

percy toboggan
11-Apr-08, 17:35
I wonder how many of your 34 posts have been made up of complaints about your pension David?

Most people would be delighted to have the opportunity to join such a scheme...myself included. I have a paltry personal pension to look forward to, interest from savings and the state o.a.p plus state second pension.
It's not fair...but as my old Dad used to say 'it's not raining either'

Why not branch out...perhaps lighten up a bit ? ...there has to be more to you than this one dimensional carper....surely?

david
11-Apr-08, 20:51
I wonder how many of your 34 posts have been made up of complaints about your pension David?

Most people would be delighted to have the opportunity to join such a scheme...myself included. I have a paltry personal pension to look forward to, interest from savings and the state o.a.p plus state second pension.

Why not branch out...perhaps lighten up a bit ? ...there has to be more to you than this one dimensional carper....surely?

Hi Percy, of course there is more to me than a 1D carper. That,s why I have never been unemployed to date. Yes you are right I am lucky to have joined this scheme and although there is the odd shower it does not rain all the time. Best of all I get to live in Caithness! In my opinion the best place to live if your skint or got loads of dosh.

david
11-Apr-08, 21:04

Just a note. Unlike these peeps who blow a cool 100k and like it or not they will get future state help. It appears that folks who spend all their pension hackers get nowt. Sorry if I have gone all 1D on you folks again.

david
13-Apr-08, 19:35

Agree wholeheartedly.