PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office

~~Tides~~
03-Apr-08, 18:33
Have just realised that Office didn’t in fact come free with my laptop and im going to have to buy it separately. Don’t want to and cant really afford to pay the hundred plus £££ for the full 'totally legal' version.

How did everyone go about getting it? Whats the story with the cheap versions on Ebay? Is it essentially the same thing?

Any other comments welcome.

Thanks...

NickInTheNorth
03-Apr-08, 18:38
Have just realised that Office didn’t in fact come free with my laptop and im going to have to buy it separately. Don’t want to and cant really afford to pay the hundred plus £££ for the full 'totally legal' version.

How did everyone go about getting it? Whats the story with the cheap versions on Ebay? Is it essentially the same thing?

Thanks...

Go here (http://www.openoffice.org/) download open office - fully licensed cost is free! Fully compatible with MS Office.

bluenose
13-Apr-08, 12:45
Try to send them a couple of quid. It is well worth it and makes you feel good.

blueivy
17-Apr-08, 20:02

Thanks...

Did your laptop come with it installed as a trial version?

There is a very much cheaper 'upgrade' version available for Office Ready PC's.

If you don't want to pay anything I'd go with the advice given so far - Open Office. It's excellent and is fully compatible with pre-2007 versions of Office. At the last check it wasn't compatible with MS Office 2007 files but that won't be a huge worry to most people. They are working on it though.