PDA

View Full Version : empty folder

~~Tides~~
27-Mar-08, 22:32
Might as well ask my other question while i'm here...

For the last wee while an empty folder called "dell media experience" opens up everytime i log on after starting the computer. No idea where it came from, but its just more annoying than anything else. Anyone know how to stop it?

Thanks.

Bobinovich
27-Mar-08, 22:55
You can look in Start > All Programs > Startup folder and see if there's a Dell Media Experience shortcut or folder there - if so just right click on it & select Delete.

If not it's most likely something in the Registry which is causing the problem

~~Tides~~
28-Mar-08, 11:07
Nope, not in the start up folder...

blueivy
28-Mar-08, 12:12
Nope, not in the start up folder...

What is in the Startup folder?

If there is nothing in the Dell Media Experience folder that you want to keep, the best thing to do is rename (and then maybe later delete) the original folder.

To do that, you need to find it.

When the Dell Media Experience folder is open, do you see the Address bar at the top of the window (just under the buttons usually)? If it's there, it should give you the folder location - it will be something like C:\DELL\MEDIA. If it's not there, you need to go to View->Toolbars->Address Bar and click it. That will make the address bar appear.

You need to then navigate to find the Dell Media Experience folder (the path is in the address bar I mentioned above) and rename it to something else. I'd rename it just now rather than deleting it in case you discover you need it for something.

The only potential problem with doing this is that you may get a pop-up error in Windows at startup saying it couldn't find it. If you click OK on that it will go away and it's a harmless error.