PDA

View Full Version : Lifeboat Damaged

bonami
22-Mar-08, 22:01
See on teletext that Longhope lifeboat broke away from her moorings and blew ashore in the gale yestrday or lastnight .Seems to be quite badly damaged.:~(

Penelope Pitstop
22-Mar-08, 22:29
Gee ...sea must of had a big swell going to do that:eek:

Bad news about the damage....hope they can get it fixed/get replacement boat pronto.

BIG A
22-Mar-08, 23:01
See on teletext that Longhope lifeboat broke away from her moorings and blew ashore in the gale yestrday or lastnight .Seems to be quite badly damaged.:~(

The Coastguard knows nothing about this so i would check your source as Rumours like this can cause a lot of Stress.[disgust]
Dunbar lifeboat was Badly damaged Last night after breaking her moorings

Tighsonas4
22-Mar-08, 23:07
LONGHOPE LIFEBOAT
orkney radio does not broadcast at the weekend or would no doubt have heard tony

changilass
22-Mar-08, 23:07
As Bonami has alredy stated their source to be teletext then I am not sure how they could have checked their source. It was already available for all to see. At least they gave a source for their information.

Also this is not the same as gossiping about an accident, where people have been injured, we are talking about a boat here, albeit one that is used to save lives.

Karen
22-Mar-08, 23:08
The damaged lifeboat was at Torness, East Lothian.

BIG A
22-Mar-08, 23:19
As Bonami has alredy stated their source to be teletext then I am not sure how they could have checked their source. It was already available for all to see. At least they gave a source for their information.

Also this is not the same as gossiping about an accident, where people have been injured, we are talking about a boat here, albeit one that is used to save lives.

Just Checked Teletext NOTHING on it about LongHope it was Dunbar Lifeboat that is berthed at Torness that was Damaged.
So just a Rumour that could of caused a lot of Stress.
I have had four call.s from Orkney since this was Posted

warrior
23-Mar-08, 10:31
Karen and big A are spot on once again it was Dunbar lifeboat that was Damaged .

bonami
23-Mar-08, 21:19
I feel I must apologize for the above thread On teletext there was no mention of Dunbar at the time I saw it. I assumed that the Torness was in Hoy. Once again apologies to anyone upset or stressed by my mistake.

BIG A
23-Mar-08, 21:46
The lifeboat Valued at 1.5 million is so badly damaged that it may be Scrapped

BIG A
27-Mar-08, 19:44
The boat has now been declared a Total LOSE due to amount of damage

Tighsonas4
27-Mar-08, 21:25
I feel I must apologize for the above thread On teletext there was no mention of Dunbar at the time I saw it. I assumed that the Torness was in Hoy. Once again apologies to anyone upset or stressed by my mistake.
when you see torness its possible to have thought that
thanks for your apologies you will make a good orger tony

Tighsonas4
27-Mar-08, 22:34
Just Checked Teletext NOTHING on it about LongHope it was Dunbar Lifeboat that is berthed at Torness that was Damaged.
So just a Rumour that could of caused a lot of Stress.
I have had four call.s from Orkney since this was Posted
wouldnt have taken much effort if you lived in orkney to have had this checked out tony