PDA

View Full Version : Do your kiddies sleep?

herenow
18-Mar-08, 23:14
Okay here is a question for parents!!

Do your kids sleep all night??

Mine are terriable none of them sleep all night! can be hard going at times. Just wondering am i alone!

Maybe i dont want to know about all your perfect sleeping kids ha ha!!

changilass
18-Mar-08, 23:20
The wee man usually sleeps soundly till about midnight, then he wakes up and sings himself back to sleep roughly every 2 hrs after that till he gets up in the morning.

Julia
18-Mar-08, 23:22
My youngest still wants fed roughly twice a night, he's 15 months.

herenow
18-Mar-08, 23:24
that makes me feel better! well a we bit my one is 19 months and is up for food through the night well not food a bottle of cows milk! dont know how to stop it tho

justine
18-Mar-08, 23:30
the answer is simple..Yes...
my youngest go to bed at 6pm, the next go at 8pm and the last goes at 9pm...

I have always stuck to a routine and they get themselves into it aswell....My wee one who is 4 mths sleeps from 9pm until 4-5 am then back to sleep until about 9am, so not too bad, but have spent many a night pacing the front room getting greyer by the second....:confused

mums angels
18-Mar-08, 23:33
I'm lucky to say that all 3 of my kids sleep ..1st slept through at 6 weeks however didn't go to bed until i did until she was a year, 2nd never slept a full night until he was 3 ,he was up 8 times a night as a baby and 3 times until he was 3 :(. 3rd he's an angel he slept through from around 3 weeks and still naps for 2 hours plus on most afternoons and he's 2 and half . they all go down between 7 and 8 apart from the older ones on weekends then they sleep in sometimes till 10 :D lets hope baby number 4 is the same .

ashaw1
19-Mar-08, 00:14
Looks like i'm lucky, all 4 of mine are good sleepers. The wee one (20 mths) goes straight down at 7 and stays there.

WeeBurd
19-Mar-08, 00:18
Both are down at 6:30pm, and generally sleep without any trouble, although they do occasionally keep each other up babbling and blethering.

All I need to do is master how to get them to sleep beyond 6:00am right now :eek:. Even tried putting them to bed later, but that just means suffering armaggedon between 6:00pm - 7:00/30pm, with two bubs still up at 6:00am :roll:.

Ash
19-Mar-08, 10:20
my wee one ellie has always gone to bed at 7 she still does and sleeps right through :D

grandma
19-Mar-08, 10:42
that makes me feel better! well a we bit my one is 19 months and is up for food through the night well not food a bottle of cows milk! dont know how to stop it tho
Have you tried giving water instead of milk? Might be just thirsty and also not so keen to waken if no milk. Just a thought.

squidge
19-Mar-08, 11:27
My eldest slept through from about 6 weeks, My second from about the same then he got a tummy bug around six months and didnt sleep through til he was about 18 months. My third one slept with us til he was about 5 :roll: i know i know.

My new baby is 21 weeks and has always slept well. when brand new he would sleep for good chunks - 12 midnight til 6 for example. He now sleeps from 7 til 7 so im happy.

NLP
19-Mar-08, 15:08
I wish I could say yes, but sadly no. She has rarely slept all night she did it for 3 nights recently and I was great we've cracked it 4th night back to normal, gets a bath at 7pm then bed it's about 9.30 before she shuts her eyes and if I'm lucky she will sleep until 1am refuses to go back down so it's into mums bed, she can be awake for up too 2hrs before nodding of again. I know I shouldn't give in to her but in the middle of the night its easier(not sure thats the right word). I'm told it will sort itself out before she goes to school

a wee ps if she sleeps all night I can't, I'm like what's wrong.

justine
19-Mar-08, 15:30
I wish I could say yes, but sadly no. She has rarely slept all night she did it for 3 nights recently and I was great we've cracked it 4th night back to normal, gets a bath at 7pm then bed it's about 9.30 before she shuts her eyes and if I'm lucky she will sleep until 1am refuses to go back down so it's into mums bed, she can be awake for up too 2hrs before nodding of again. I know I shouldn't give in to her but in the middle of the night its easier(not sure thats the right word). I'm told it will sort itself out before she goes to school

a wee ps if she sleeps all night I can't, I'm like what's wrong.

NLP it sounds like your little madam is playing a game..She knows how to get you to give in...I am only offering advice because this is gonna get worse if it does not stop...I know it is easier to give inn at night but you need your sleep to...You wont sleep if she does because you are self contiously waiting for to waken...The routine is a great idea of bath and regular times, but she has figured out that all she needs to do is get up and she can sleep with mum.....

You do need to be strong for you, not your little madam, and put her back to bed,,,the more you do it she will realise its not worth waking.....

I am not telling you how to do your parenting but i have worn the t-shirt if i can say that....The rod you have made for yourself and her can be a hard one to stop....I wish you luck in getting that much needed sleep you both need.....

I think parents should take lesson in insomia, before we have kids...:lol:

honey
19-Mar-08, 16:09
they do now thankfully. my youngest started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, but then we moved house and this disturbed his routine, so he started to wake up at 3am. wasnt so great when i went back to work.

hes not to bad now, sometimes wakes up, by just cries for a couple of minutes then goes back to sleep.

i hope i havent just jinxed myself now!!

Rie
19-Mar-08, 17:32
My kids always slept well from the age of 6 weeks only waking once in the night,
The heart ache and stress comes when they are 7 and 10 and just wont go to bed or at least stay in there rooms!

floyed
19-Mar-08, 18:15
My 5 year old has been a good sleeper since he was little.

Never had problems getting him to bed, now getting him out for school in the morning is another thing :lol: