PDA

View Full Version : hallucinations

Fluff
17-Mar-08, 17:49
I had a headache so decided to have a wee afternoon nap. Now upon awakening almost exactly one hour after going to bed (good body timing eh!) I sat up, still slightly in slumber and saw something on my pillow. I could swear it looked like a spider, but a bit of a weird shape.
I swatted it aside, slightly panicked. It took me another couple of seconds to wake up fully. Now I am thinking, was that really there??

hmm, Does anyone else get these weird hallucinations when they wake.

for some reason it is really disturbing me...

percy toboggan
17-Mar-08, 17:52
Er...no.
Take care.

crashbandicoot1979
17-Mar-08, 17:55
I've had that before!! Once I even "saw" someone standing and the side of the bed. It gave me a hell of a fright, I can tell you.

Maybe we're just crazy.....

karia
17-Mar-08, 17:57
If it was a bad headache it may have led to some visual disturbances like you get with a migraine for example.

Sapphire2803
17-Mar-08, 17:58
I don't know about when I wake, waking is something I do very slowly anything up to a couple of hours after I get up. ;)
When I'm really pushing myself way past tiredness and into the realms of exhaustion, I start to see things out of the corner of my eye. Once I start thinking things are flitting past me in the shadows, it's time for a good long sleep... 24 hours should do it :)

Fluff
17-Mar-08, 18:00
glad i am not alone then! Sapphire, I am glad you said that because if i am really tired then i sometimes think i see things.
i am really struggling to wake up right now, feel quite groggy! time to sit/lap on the sofa and watch tv until i have to put dinner on me thinks!

rfr10
17-Mar-08, 18:01
When I was younger, I used to always wake up and see ghosts walking towards me. They wouldn't disappear until I turned the lights on. It was pretty spooky actually.

Angel
17-Mar-08, 23:06
When I'm getting tired, I see tiny (about 1p size) black holes racing across the floor and outside in daylight too across footpaths/pavements. Sometimes I asked whoever is with me "did you see that" obviously not is their facial expression...

quiteone
17-Mar-08, 23:15
when i was at school one o my mates suffered severe migraines and she used to see all sorts of things and be terrified. i mind her screaming in class because she was seeing bees n wasps flyin at her.......as she got older she recognised the symptoms at an earleir stage and got herself home to bed. must be scary.

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 00:43
Sounds quite distressing quiteone! Good luck with the hallucinations fluff! :D

brokencross
18-Mar-08, 09:27
(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")

(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")

(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(") Been seeing these everywhere, They ARE taking over

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 09:55
(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")

(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(")

(\__/)
( o.O)
(")_(") Been seeing these everywhere, They ARE taking over

Brokencross...I've got a phone number for someone who may be able to help you.....it's the National Assosiation of Imaginary Bunny Seers....NAIRS! x

TBH
18-Mar-08, 11:22
When I'm getting tired, I see tiny (about 1p size) black holes racing across the floor and outside in daylight too across footpaths/pavements. Sometimes I asked whoever is with me "did you see that" obviously not is their facial expression...Maybe there's a warping of the spacetime continuum in your bedroom.:eek:

Whitewater
18-Mar-08, 12:43
I'm sometimes wonder if my whole life is an hallucination, but I know it is not, or is it? I wouldn't want it to be. I wake up every morning, thankful for another new day and wait in wonder of what it will bring, something good? something bad? I guess at times we perhaps wish we were hallucinating.

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 21:59
Fluff

There is a school of thought that believes that when you sleep, your spirit floats free and often as you are "Coming to" you might be slightly separated from your physical...the creature may have been there on an astral level...attracted to some sort of negativity?

I have advised others to read Robert Monroe - Journies out of the body...

It might help

James

Fluff
18-Mar-08, 22:46
quite an an interesting concept James. i don't think i believe in that stuff but i can understand why people do etc..
be kinda cool though, puts a whole new meaning to 'drifting off'

JamesMcVean
18-Mar-08, 22:49
Fluff

Have you never been drifting off when all of a sudden your body spasms or you kick your leg invoulintarily??? I find it happens all the time...It is just you snapping back in...lol

Fluff
18-Mar-08, 22:54
yeah i do sometimes. more often it is my boyfrined when I am snuggling him at night, then he 'jumps' and I go through the ceiling with the fright lol!

trix
18-Mar-08, 23:03
I'm sometimes wonder if my whole life is an hallucination, but I know it is not, or is it? I wouldn't want it to be. I wake up every morning, thankful for another new day and wait in wonder of what it will bring, something good? something bad? I guess at times we perhaps wish we were hallucinating.

hi whitewater, its interesting that ye wid say at, kinda got me thinkin....

ma reality is complety different til yers, so i guess, in one respect, ye are almost right.

yer reality is choost an illusion til everyone else, as is theirs til ye.

what is reality?? :Razz

karia
18-Mar-08, 23:05
hi whitewater, its interesting that ye wid say at, kinda got me thinkin....

ma reality is complety different til yers, so i guess, in one respect, ye are almost right.

yer reality is choost an illusion til everyone else, as is theirs til ye.

what is reality?? :Razz

Da say I choost dreamed ye?

Kxxx

trix
18-Mar-08, 23:11
Da say I choost dreamed ye?

Kxxx

oh no no, Ak....:eek:

i hev a feelin, that wur spirits are very guid pals on 'e 'ither side' an it wis all included in wur charts....

part o' 'e plan - fate ma friend ;) x x

Angel
19-Mar-08, 00:04
Funnily enough... These visions are becoming more frequent as i have worked out they appears when relaxed too.. watching television etc... starting to think about the possibility of seeing into (or they are escaping from) an alternative universe....

JamesMcVean
19-Mar-08, 00:38
There is a really interesting book called the Holographic Universe by a chap Talbot, if my memory serves...

He said that the universe is made of clouds of electrons and the brain is like a laser that makes the stuff appear solid to you,,,was a bit of a mind bender

trix
19-Mar-08, 00:42
hi james, aye, iv heard aboot 'iss theory too...

ca mind 'e name o' 'e book tho.....wis a couple o' blue moons ago...