PDA

View Full Version : McCartney Divorce

justine
17-Mar-08, 15:01
It is over. Heather managed to get £24m from paul for the divorce settlement.Now will he appeal....

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 15:08
Justine I'm glad she finally got some money! At least now the papers will shut up about it instead of droning on and on about something I don't care about. :) What re your views on the subject?

Venture
17-Mar-08, 15:15
It is over. Heather managed to get £24m from paul for the divorce settlement.Now will he appeal....

I don't think anybody apart from Heather was really bothered as to what the outcome would be. I for one am sick fed up of the amount of publicity thats gone along with this. Every paper and magazine is full of it and now its on the org. It is over! I doubt that, if anything, all we'll get now is Heather shouting "It should have been more" and Paul replying "It should have been less."

justine
17-Mar-08, 15:18
I don't think anybody apart from Heather was really bothered as to what the outcome would be. I for one am sick fed up of the amount of publicity thats gone along with this. Every paper and magazine is full of it and now its on the org. It is over! I doubt that, if anything, all we'll get now is Heather shouting "It should have been more" and Paul replying "It should have been less."

but will he challenge it....It may not be over yet.....Me personaly i dont give two hoots who won but i do feel for the kids, another broken home and lots of unwanted press......But hey thats the newspapers for you...what ever happened to the news being interesting....

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 15:18
Venture, I agree! I was gettin tired and nobody actually cared!

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 15:38
If I was her publicist I would strongly encourage her to give what she doesn't need away, once the matter is settled.

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 15:44
Good input boozeburglar! I think we should start a petition to get you as her publicist!

Metalattakk
17-Mar-08, 15:51
At least now the papers will shut up about it instead of droning on and on about something I don't care about.

"Ah, irony, delicious irony. Why do you tempt me so?"

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 15:54
do feel for the kids, another broken home and lots of unwanted press

This usually is the case sadly. :(

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 16:00
At least now the papers will shut up

Not likely!

The tabloid backlash will now intensify.

droning on and on about something I don't care about.

Perhaps you should petition the papers to write about what everyone is doing today, or what everyone is doing at the weekend, etc.

sweetpea
17-Mar-08, 16:06
God I can't wait till hear the back of this! She got what she came for so hope she will go across the pond or somewhere and enjoy it. There's no fool like an old fool so he is just as much to blame, why didn't he see her coming.

KCI
17-Mar-08, 16:56
All the hype about this divorce has gone on for far too long.

Hopefully, they can both just get on with their lives now, and find a way of working together to bring up their child.

karia
17-Mar-08, 17:06
If you are all so sick of it then stop posting about it!:roll:

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:10
Not likely!

The tabloid backlash will now intensify.

Since when could you read the future?

Venture
17-Mar-08, 17:24
"Ah, irony, delicious irony. Why do you tempt me so?"
Well said pity not many will understand it.[lol]

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:28

That's what I thought! Shame not many of the orgers will get his silly joke! :lol:

karia
17-Mar-08, 17:31

It is unwise to underestimate people.;)

rob16d
17-Mar-08, 17:33
I know Karia...it;s also unwise for people to slag others off (don't worry not talking about you here)

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 17:41
Since when could you read the future?

It is called 'seen it all before'.

You will understand that some day, wee man.

:)

percy toboggan
17-Mar-08, 17:50
From wearing trainers with a suit to marrying the one legged temptress Macca has shown some really poor judgement since the love of his life passed awa.
Hopefully he can put all of this behind him., let his hair go visibly grey as it should gave done years ago and grow old gracefully whilst writing some mellow tunes. One or two of which might come within a whisker of those he penned in an earlier, more productive life....of which I was happy to partake of in a record buying sense.

obiron
17-Mar-08, 19:42
hes well shot of her nowt but a golddigger. complaining on the radio that hes only giving her 35,000 a year for his daughter. most of us can only dream of that amount. shes a waste of space and the sooner she disappears from public life the better.

wonbat
17-Mar-08, 19:43
36k per year & travling b class? let it be? said paul

percy toboggan
17-Mar-08, 20:00
Whatever we think of H she has excellent fashion sense. That outfit she wore to court looked fab. I always like 'halved' garments...Blackburn Rovers shirts etc...If she's going to keep poppin' up on the telly at least she will usually be well turned oot.

wonbat
17-Mar-08, 20:10
'Happy' Mills plays to media circus

By Stephen Dowling
BBC News at the High Court

A little over a year ago, Heather Mills appeared on BBC Breakfast and GMTV to complain of the press's treatment of her. Today, she is treating the throng like loyal friends or confidan

mccaugm
17-Mar-08, 20:24
Is that all she got. ??..tight fisted git that he is. Thats like a days pay for him, it will hardly dent him in the wallet department.

I feel sorry for her - yes I know shes a bit strange but he has treated her with utter contempt. She should be allowed to live her life as she chooses. I used to have respect for him but its all gone now. Gagging orders so she cannot tell the truth about the man behind closed doors. Whats he scared of???

Boozeburglar
17-Mar-08, 20:34
Whats he scared of???

Lies perhaps. The gagging order does not prevent just the truth being told; it prevents embellishments and inference.

Perhaps having what he has long guarded as his personal life become something public is something he is attempting to avoid.

Can we really put ourselves in the shoes of either of them?

wonbat
17-Mar-08, 20:35
Is that all she got. ??..tight fisted git that he is. Thats like a days pay for him, it will hardly dent him in the wallet department.

I feel sorry for her - yes I know shes a bit strange but he has treated her with utter contempt. She should be allowed to live her life as she chooses. I used to have respect for him but its all gone now. Gagging orders so she cannot tell the truth about the man behind closed doors. Whats he scared of???

Is that all she got? 4 years ago a nobody,
now she can command a nice fee for a chat or two
She can now live her life as she likes 24.5k better off & she is now wanting a gagging order to stop people finding out about which school they want there daughter to go to?, let it all out in the open then they can both get on with it apart & move on, lucky she did not sign a pre nuptual?????

TBH
17-Mar-08, 23:47

I feel sorry for her - yes I know shes a bit strange but he has treated her with utter contempt. She should be allowed to live her life as she chooses. I used to have respect for him but its all gone now. Gagging orders so she cannot tell the truth about the man behind closed doors. Whats he scared of???Why did she deserve anymore, she certainly deserved a lot less?

golach
17-Mar-08, 23:51
Why did she deserve anymore, she certainly deserved a lot less?
I agree with you there TBH

rob16d
18-Mar-08, 00:29
I agree with you there TBH

I think most of us do golach! [lol]

karia
18-Mar-08, 00:36
[quote=wonbat;359966 she is now wanting a gagging order to stop people finding out about which school they want there daughter to go to?[/quote]

Given the current nonsense would that not be a reasonable thing for a mother to do?

Should she advertise their choices and let the wee lass be persecuted and photographed at every turn?:eek:

mccaugm
18-Mar-08, 10:17
Totally agree, the poor wee thing should be allowed to get on with her life in peace, as well as having a mother who is given leeway by the press.

golach
18-Mar-08, 16:09
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7302736.stm

The Judge says she was inconsistent, inaccurate and less than candid, I would have just said she was just a liar [disgust]

justine
18-Mar-08, 16:48
makes me laugh that she is asking for the settlement details to be kept quiet, but the first thing she does is gloat infront of the press........I feel sorry for her for being so small minded and thinking about herself and not the kids....

She is a liar, not a very good one and she should have walked away with the bare minimum, but hey hope she spends it well.............How much will her solicitors recieve for their part in it......

bekisman
18-Mar-08, 18:54
Here's the full transcript;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/18_03_08_mccartney_mills.pdf

WeeBurd
18-Mar-08, 22:09
Here's the full transcript;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/18_03_08_mccartney_mills.pdf

Thank you for that, Beckisman, I was just about to go off trawling the net for it. Just reading through it at the mo, and it does make interesting reading (very cringeworthy for Heather I'm sure!). It seems our Mucca really is a complete fantasist, as was suggested several years back pre-spilt. [lol]

TBH
18-Mar-08, 22:12
If Mills did indeed pour a glass of water over McCartney's lawyer Fiona Shackleton, I wonder if the lawyer would sue her for £24M, now that would be funny.:lol:
I read that she wanted £125M. Someone please tell me why she thought she was entitled to £125M?

MadPict
18-Mar-08, 23:49
Yesterday -

Heather (Gold digger) Mills
At least you can start getting some really good headlines on the front pages of important issues and matters, instead of our boring divorce. I'm sure everyone at home is fed up of hearing a million figures that never existed.

Today - her splashed all over the front pages of nearly every UK paper....

She's as mad as a box of frogs....

WeeBurd
19-Mar-08, 00:10
If Mills did indeed pour a glass of water over McCartney's lawyer Fiona Shackleton, I wonder if the lawyer would sue her for £24M, now that would be funny.
I read that she wanted £125M. Someone please tell me why she thought she was entitled to £125M?

The judge asked the very same question, TBH [lol]! As for the water thing, surely that is assault, and the lawyer could take her for it? That would be class!

Well, that's me, finally finished reading through it after several comfort breaks, lol. It's worth reading, for sheer comedy value, the woman is completely loopy, and the judge has made no bones about declaring that.

How anyone can actually have any sympathy for the woman, who has clearly been making most of her claims up (and couldn't even back them up to a judge) is beyond me...:confused

mccaugm
19-Mar-08, 00:25
If Mills did indeed pour a glass of water over McCartney's lawyer Fiona Shackleton, I wonder if the lawyer would sue her for £24M, now that would be funny.:lol:

Because he is worth over 800 million...and I say why not?

TBH
19-Mar-08, 00:34
The judge asked the very same question, TBH ! As for the water thing, surely that is assault, and the lawyer could take her for it? That would be class!

Well, that's me, finally finished reading through it after several comfort breaks, lol. It's worth reading, for sheer comedy value, the woman is completely loopy, and the judge has made no bones about declaring that.

How anyone can actually have any sympathy for the woman, who has clearly been making most of her claims up (and couldn't even back them up to a judge) is beyond me...:confusedThe lawyer suing mills would be a fantastic end to the saga.[lol]

Because he is worth over 800 million...and I say why not?So what if he's worth £800M, did she help him accumulate any of that wealth? I say the child should recieve everything she needs and the mother should get what she deserves.

JAWS
19-Mar-08, 00:40
From the disgraceful behaviour she openly displays in front of the TV cameras I dread to think what her behaviour is like in private. Personally I would think any price to be rid of her would be worth paying. Her public temper-tantrums show exactly what she is, a spoilt child who cannot stand not having her own way.

One thing she has made blatantly clear, and I was one of those who didn't originally believe she was, is that she really is nothing more than a Gold Digger.
The woman has several things on her mind, 1. Money, 2. Money, 3. Money - oh, do it yourselves, and give up when your fingers get tired from counting.

She has been awarded more for each day of her marriage than most people earn in a couple of years and then she whines about it.
She seeks publicity like an alcoholic seeks the next drink then, when it doesn’t suit her, she disgracefully uses her daughter as an excuse to hid from it. I wonder why she wasn’t so concerned about her young daughter when she demanded to appear in the prime slot on Morning TV claiming that, because of all the publicity from the Media (remember, she’s on prime slot Morning TV) she had contemplated suicide because her daughter would be safe with her father.
What a blatant attempt to play for the sympathy vote. If she really believed that all she had to do was to ask him to have their daughter and the problem would have been solved without having to play the Drama Queen.

If anybody deserves any sympathy then it the unfortunate daughter who I feel sorry for. God help her because I suspect she will need it.

Metalattakk
19-Mar-08, 00:47
Hell, McCartney even gave her a plane for her birthday. He also gave her a razor for her other leg.

Jeeves, fetch my coat, my good man... ;)

JAWS
19-Mar-08, 00:55
Because he is worth over 800 million...and I say why not?Typical of her attitude, he has money so why shouldn't I have it? Simple, you did nothing to warrant it.
Oh, and that amount is by her accounting methods which, when it came to her money, works on the principle that you can give it all to charity and still have it in your bank account but for none of which there are any records to substantiate the claims.
The judge and the tax man, who probably have better access to any records, sets his fortune at 400 million and not her figure of double that.

Like so many people, she has seen money and thinks it is her automatic right to have it. It it is the mindset of envy and avarice, "If I can't have it then why should they?"
Well, if you haven't got it then why should you think you are entitled to what somebody else has? That is the behaviour of a spoilt child demanding another children's toys.

karia
19-Mar-08, 00:59
Why does it matter to any of you?

Sense of Justice? fair play?...

Come on..Reality check!:eek:

Anne x
19-Mar-08, 01:14
I said before in a previous thread
"It 's a Rich Mans World "
I stand by that
Money cannot buy you Love ( sorry for the pun ) NOR can lust
and the next quote in that thread was and I quote
and she wants some of that money

Boozeburglar
19-Mar-08, 01:32
Paul is pretty old, there is a good chance the kid will have one parent at some point, and it is a good thing that parent will be well off.

TBH
19-Mar-08, 11:54
Paul is pretty old, there is a good chance the kid will have one parent at some point, and it is a good thing that parent will be well off.I'd imagine if McCartney shuffled off then she would be a very rich young girl with absolutely no need for her mothers money.

Penelope Pitstop
19-Mar-08, 11:56
Personally I couldn't care a rootin tootin smelly old far* about them....who cares...let them pull each others eyes out....get on with it

She's an absolutely cringe worthy, media seeking magnet.....this is far from the end.....god I hope she's not on breakfast telly again....enough to make me boke!!

My god is this the best top news story the worlds media can come up with... :confused

sweetpea
19-Mar-08, 11:59
Hell, McCartney even gave her a plane for her birthday. He also gave her a razor for her other leg.

Jeeves, fetch my coat, my good man... ;)

Aye, and I bet he won't be going down on one knee again![lol]

angela5
19-Mar-08, 12:11
Aye, and I bet he won't be going down on one knee again!

Jeez....[lol][lol]

Boozeburglar
19-Mar-08, 13:14
I'd imagine if McCartney shuffled off then she would be a very rich young girl with absolutely no need for her mothers money.

Of course I agree with you; but there is no legal guarantee of that in place. The divorce courts take this into consideration.

Mr. McCartney would not be the first rock star to end his life penniless.

Not going to happen though, he is a good un.

:)

percy toboggan
19-Mar-08, 18:46
Paul is pretty old, there is a good chance the kid will have one parent at some point, and it is a good thing that parent will be well off.

More strange reasoning. No child could be 'well off' with that woman for a mother.

I thought you, at least saw beyond materialism. Seems your left wing credentials don't stretch even that far.

Children need parents who place the child first...Lady Muccas priorities revolve around her. She is a dreaful harridan of the worst kind.

Boozeburglar
19-Mar-08, 21:35

More strange reasoning. No child could be 'well off' with that woman for a mother.

I thought you, at least saw beyond materialism. Seems your left wing credentials don't stretch even that far.

Children need parents who place the child first...Lady Muccas priorities revolve around her. She is a dreaful harridan of the worst kind.

Ah, Mr. Tooboggin!

I thought you, at least saw beyond the artifice of the straw man argument.

I never suggested the child would be well off in any way other than financially; and never suggested this was more important than anything else.

Being the child of someone so famous has its downside, and in current society having the means to retain privacy and protection means having financial clout. I never made this society; and I do not confuse reality with ideals.

In my not so Left Wing as you might suspect Utopia McCartney would not have all that money in the first place.

Tell you what though; he would be the last to have it taken away from him.

Besides, with some therapy and some distance and time, Heather could turn out to be an okay parent.

I hope so, for the child and for her.

:Razz