PDA

View Full Version : Pull The Plug

brokencross
12-Mar-08, 08:37
After all the premium phone line scandals in TV competitions and voting in reality shows, all the programmes now say the blurb "Lines close at 1200, if you call after that time you may still be charged, blah, blah".

Visited my mams yesterday and she had Five Life on Freeview and was watching a repeat of "The Wright Stuff" which had been shown 2 hours earlier on Channel 5. In the corner of the screen a little box saying something like "Repeat - Lines Closed- Charges Still Apply".

Now excuse me being a bit digitally, dolly dimple.
But in this digital cyber age has nobody yet invented a switch that can be flicked, a plug that can be pulled, so that a real human being, with a digital watch, can do the dirty deed at the exact time when the lines close so that should anyone be silly enough to phone after the lines are closed all they will hear is peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and not be "robbed".

Hardly rocket science, is it?

Cattach
12-Mar-08, 15:22
After all the premium phone line scandals in TV competitions and voting in reality shows, all the programmes now say the blurb "Lines close at 1200, if you call after that time you may still be charged, blah, blah".

Visited my mams yesterday and she had Five Life on Freeview and was watching a repeat of "The Wright Stuff" which had been shown 2 hours earlier on Channel 5. In the corner of the screen a little box saying something like "Repeat - Lines Closed- Charges Still Apply".

Now excuse me being a bit digitally, dolly dimple.
But in this digital cyber age has nobody yet invented a switch that can be flicked, a plug that can be pulled, so that a real human being, with a digital watch, can do the dirty deed at the exact time when the lines close so that should anyone be silly enough to phone after the lines are closed all they will hear is peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and not be "robbed".

Hardly rocket science, is it?

Maybe you are right but then anybody willing to spent the sort of money taken on calls to those inane shows deserves to be charged if only for their stupidity.

JAWS
12-Mar-08, 16:26
I don't see the point because they can put any result they like up and there is no way of confirming they have been truthful about it.