PDA

View Full Version : Murdered girl in Goa...

percy toboggan
10-Mar-08, 19:56
Was anyone else disturbed by the fifteen year old left virtually to her own devices in Goa. Her mother now on a mission to find the murderer?

This girl was still a child for Chrissake. Using drugs and alcohol allegedly - and fitted with a tongue stud......nice, I don't think.
It's a rotten way for anyone to end up but the mother has questions to answer and it's about time somebody started asking them.

I'm not in the habit of criticising Mothers...but in this case, and the much younger Matthew's girl it's evident that both of them would have benefitted from a steady, sensible & committed father. Wherever their Dad's were it was the wrong place and too far away.

starry
10-Mar-08, 20:06
I was also horrified by the fact she was seemingly left alone, I have no problem with this pierced lip though.

Haven't taken my daughters abroad when they were the same age I can say I was a lot more aware of their safety when there.

I do hope they get the right person though and I hope her mum is not correct in thinking they are just trying to play it down as not to affect tourism.

karia
10-Mar-08, 20:08
[quote=starry;355882I do hope they get the right person though and I hope her mum is not correct in thinking they are just trying to play it down as not to affect tourism.[/quote]

I fear that she is not without justification in thinking so starry.:(

percy toboggan
10-Mar-08, 20:14
Her tongue had some kind of brass gromit, or rounded bolt head in it.
Her lip had a ring protrufing through it. You might 'not have a problem' with it but no sensible father would allow that at fifteen. It's a sign of one so despertate not to conform, they decide to conform with numpty's.

I don't doubt the tourism angle.

Paradise ain't paradise after all eh?

Anybody - repeat anybody who holidays there is robbing the locals of much needed water - it's the third world near enough, and those who flaunt their copious leisure time and their dosh should know better. If Goa ever was a paradise...it was before the west arrived in numbers.

northener
10-Mar-08, 20:43
For some reason, many people when on holiday throw caution to the wind and act in ways that they would never dream of doing in the UK.

There seems to be a "I'm on holiday, so everything is going to be fine, so i'm going to remove my brain" attiude which totally bewilders me.

Would this woman allow her 15 year-old daughter to go down the pub back home? I sincerely hope not.

A 15 year old British girl is NOT 'adult' enough to deal with many situations in a foreign country by herself, regardless of how much of a 'grown up' she may think she is.

Blooody stupid, bloody ignorant, bloody tourists.

A tragedy? Yes, absolutely. An avoidable tragedy? Probably.

rupert
10-Mar-08, 23:03
I too was horrified when I saw she had left her 15 year old behind while going off God knows where. How could she have been so stupid? It beggars belief, the mother should be done for neglect.

weestraw
10-Mar-08, 23:59
My main point regarding this was it was a british child raped and murdered abroad and yet i have no recollection of it being mentioned in the press until now..... total lack of media coverage or did i miss something??

JAWS
11-Mar-08, 00:17
Was anyone else disturbed by the fifteen year old left virtually to her own devices in Goa. Her mother now on a mission to find the murderer?
Her mother is now on a mission to make herself look good as a wonderful caring parent!
She is staying behind to make sure her daughter gets “Justice”. I would have thought it was a little bit late to have developed such motherly behaviour.
She’s unloading, sorry returning, the rest of the children, who look a lot younger than 15, back to England to go to school. Personally, I would have thought that is where they should have been in the first place and not swanning round in Goa.

JAWS
11-Mar-08, 00:19
My main point regarding this was it was a british child raped and murdered abroad and yet i have no recollection of it being mentioned in the press until now..... total lack of media coverage or did i miss something??Yes, you missed something.

Aaldtimer
11-Mar-08, 03:38
Whoa! Slow down folks, the Mother left her in the custody of a tour guide. The murder wasn't apparent until the results of the second autopsy, which the mother insisted on. Are you not being a wee bit previous on all these righteous judgements before the full facts are known?

Poppy_88
11-Mar-08, 15:06
I agree with you 100% Percy.... You are spot on! (Even about the tongue-stud, it's just pitiful)

Absolutely horrific that she was left in a pub alone, and allowed to have the boyfriend in his late 20's, what kind of mother allows that? She should definitely be locked up for neglect, no doubt about it!

Obviously the mother didn't expect something terrible to happen, that was the problem.. Ignorance and 'cares to the wind' attitude. Fair enough to behave like that as an adult, you can do what you like, but not when you have children you are supposed to be responsible for.

And what the heck was she doing taking them out of school for 6 months? The signs are all pointing to one conclusion in my opinion...... AWFUL PARENTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

balto
13-Mar-08, 15:57
now i know there was a thread started the other day regarding this but i cant find it. The subject is Scarlett Keeling's rape and murder in Goa, what a tragic end to this young life, but it was preventable, i'm sure if her mother had been more of a parent she would never of left her in the care of her 25 year old boyfriend especially not in a strange country, why was a young girl allowed to be in a bar at that time of night. I think her mother is just acusing the authoritys across there of hiding facts when really she is hiding her own guilt this woman should be done for neglect, even in the interviews on tv she doesnt seem the littlest bit upset shame on her for what happened.

Venture
13-Mar-08, 17:53
Im sure I read in the Mail at the weekend that they are a New Age Family. The mother actually went to Karnataka and left the daughter in the care of the tour guide. The mother knew about the relationship between the guide and the daughter and that they were sleeping together. I heard on the radio today that a third person has been arrested in connection with the murder. How any mother could leave her 15 year old daughter with a man she hardly knew in a foreign country is totally irresponsible. She should be charged with neglect. She has only herself to blame for her daughters death.

percy toboggan
13-Mar-08, 18:07
The family survives on benefits, in a motley collection of auld caravans.
I'm not knockin' that as locals say the kids are polite and clean if a bit
unkempt - nothing wrong with that really either.

Only thing that struck me is the price of flights to Goa for that tribe musta costa lotsa. The few weeks in my life I've relied on state handouts I was skint. Maybe they've gone up a bit since 1980.

anneoctober
14-Mar-08, 00:02
What a way for anyone to die. I watched the mother on a "Richard & Judy" news item. She was SO composed that I wonder if she 's really understood that her daughter is dead. This place seems to be rife with alcohol & drugs, where are the police , should n't the government be trying to put a stop to these horrific events, which are far from uncommon, according to folk that have been to Goa. [disgust]
I agree whatever your "lifestyle", your responsibility as a parent ends when YOU are dead - not your children.:~(

karia
14-Mar-08, 00:09
We are speculating again!

Would it hurt if..just for once, we waited until we had ALL the facts??

JAWS
14-Mar-08, 02:32
We are speculating again!

Would it hurt if..just for once, we waited until we had ALL the facts??The person who seems to be doing the most speculating is the mother who is insistent that everybody else is to blame except her.
From what the mother insists she knows about the attitudes, the drug culture and the corruption in the place she left her daughter, if true, makes her behaviour even more reprehensible.

Most discussions must contain a certain amount of speculation otherwise there would be nothing to discuss. All there would be was a plane statement of a fact. The simple truth of the matter is that in any such circumstances "ALL the facts" will never be known especially when it comes to assessing the rights and wrongs of how people behaved because such things can only be a matter of speculation with no chance of any certainties.

TBH
14-Mar-08, 02:34
I feel strangely sorry for the Mother, she is guilty of serious neglect but what punishment could she be given now compared to what she has lost?

rainbow
14-Mar-08, 08:21
9 children to 5 different fathers! Wants to live a hippy sort of existence, but still rely on the state for handouts. Home education! How this mother can be allowed to bring up children is beyond me. Yes I do sympathise with Scarletts murder but in all reality who in their right mind leaves a 15 yr old in the care of an local adult she is allegidly sleeping with to ensure she gets food (if the papers are to be believed - interesting report in yesterdays Mail), in a foreign developing country.
Wish I could holiday in Goa, but alas I am working and not on benefits!!!!!!

chaz
14-Mar-08, 10:10
9 children to 5 different fathers! Wants to live a hippy sort of existence, but still rely on the state for handouts. Home education! How this mother can be allowed to bring up children is beyond me. Yes I do sympathise with Scarletts murder but in all reality who in their right mind leaves a 15 yr old in the care of an local adult she is allegidly sleeping with to ensure she gets food (if the papers are to be believed - interesting report in yesterdays Mail), in a foreign developing country.
Wish I could holiday in Goa, but alas I am working and not on benefits!!!!!!

Who in thier right mind lets thier 13, 14,15 year olds go to a clubland concert south,wander round a city all night drunk,come home drunk on the train,cause mayhem on the train!!! Well to answer that at least 15 two parent familys from here!
But they are not judged as they are not single mums on benefits[disgust]
Im a single mum now, i have 5 kids , im on benefits(due to having a disabled son) OH and im looking into home education for my son.So guess im as bad!!!
But not bad enough to let my well balanced,polite,well fed , clean,happy, well cared for kids go to something like the above.
Its not only single parent familys that have awful parenting skills!
And we should look at all the facts before we pass judgement, and the main point is the awful murder of a young girl.
Wonder what the world is comming to:(

ExoticQueen
14-Mar-08, 10:33
woo wait a minute shoudnt we wait a minute before you start judging we should wait for all the facts,am not saying that there wasnt a wee bit off neglet but am sure as parents ourselves that we have all mistakes ourselves anyone telling me that they are perfect parents would be lying so lets here all the facts then judge.:D

Penelope Pitstop
14-Mar-08, 11:02
woo wait a minute shoudnt we wait a minute before you start judging we should wait for all the facts,am not saying that there wasnt a wee bit off neglet but am sure as parents ourselves that we have all mistakes ourselves anyone telling me that they are perfect parents would be lying so lets here all the facts then judge.:D

EQ, I can't help but agree with you here...there are none of us perfect (don't tell the OH tho')

Mother was interviewed on breakfast telly this morning and it would appear that some of the "facts" being stated in the press may be incorrect, e.g. substances found in the girls body......

I wouldn't like to say who is telling the truth...mother or press reports....so I can't judge.

Personally I wouldn't leave my 15 year old daughter with anyone in a foreign country - not even a relative. Also there is no way I would dream of taking my kids out of school for 6 months to go on holiday...not at 15 and doing Standard Grades/GCSE. We couldn't afford to even if we wanted to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balto
14-Mar-08, 12:42
woo wait a minute shoudnt we wait a minute before you start judging we should wait for all the facts,am not saying that there wasnt a wee bit off neglet but am sure as parents ourselves that we have all mistakes ourselves anyone telling me that they are perfect parents would be lying so lets here all the facts then judge.:Dsorry but that is slightly worse than the mistakes all parents make, leaving your 15 year old child in a starnge country while you enjoy yourself sorry that aint a mistake thats neglect.