PDA

View Full Version : Wick High Uniform

ashaw1
10-Mar-08, 18:27
My son advised me today that there is going to a clamp down on school uniform as of tomorrow. Anyone found wearing stripy jumpers, designer shoes and other unfavourable items of clothing will receive a phonecall home. Just wondered if this should still be such an issue considering the state of the learning environment. My son tore his school trousers the other day on a piece of wood that had been nailed onto the wall to cover a hole.

Venture
10-Mar-08, 19:07
My son advised me today that there is going to a clamp down on school uniform as of tomorrow. Anyone found wearing stripy jumpers, designer shoes and other unfavourable items of clothing will receive a phonecall home. Just wondered if this should still be such an issue considering the state of the learning environment. My son tore his school trousers the other day on a piece of wood that had been nailed onto the wall to cover a hole.

Ofcourse it should its a rule of the school. The dress code has to be followed by everybody. Ive noticed a lot of the kids are starting to wear things that are not allowed. Allowing them to continue doing so is not fair on those who have stuck by the dress code. Re your son's trousers being torn maybe you should get in touch with the school and complain.

Yoda the flump
10-Mar-08, 20:35
Ofcourse it should its a rule of the school. The dress code has to be followed by everybody. Ive noticed a lot of the kids are starting to wear things that are not allowed. Allowing them to continue doing so is not fair on those who have stuck by the dress code. Re your son's trousers being torn maybe you should get in touch with the school and complain.

Complain? If that was one of my children I would be looking for the school to cover the cost.

I understand that the school has standards to keep up BUT having trousers ripped on a nail is a potential MAJOR HEALTH AND SAFETY issue. What would the schools reaction be if the child had actually hurt themselves on the nail.

Venture, get you priorities right.

rfr10
10-Mar-08, 21:25
I'm sorry but although I do comply with the dress code even after my endless complaints about it in the past, I do feel the rector is just taking the dress code business too far now, I've heard from pupils and many parents that they feel the same. Fair enough stopping people from wearing clothes with names on it or colours that are not in the dress code but I shook my head as the notice was read out today from the day sheet. Stripy black and white clothes are not alowed? It's black and white! What's the big deal, as long as they are wearing the correct colours and they are not designer clothes, who cares! I must say that it took me a long time to go along with the dress code and after endless arguments about it, I eventually wore it but I'm beginning to turn more and more against the uniform now, the more the rector goes on about it.

He's not worried about the schools reputation, he's only worried about his own reputation and I'm sorry if many of you disagree with that but it is becoming more and more obvious to be fact as the school days go on. If he showed a more polite attitude to his pupils, he might see a difference but I was extremely annoyed a few weeks ago as I heard someone shout "HOYY!" at me as I walked to school in jeans. The reason for this is because I was leaving shortly to go to Inverness for a music event. I was very close to saying something to him about this and I have to say that if he shouts this at me again instead of shouting excuse me or something more polite then I am just going to continue walking and if he spoke to me about it I'd tell him that I did not appreciate his horrible manner. He is showing less and less respect for the pupils of the school and it now feels like he is only worried about his reputation and that of the staff.

It's rediculous!

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 21:32
maybe they should bring out a new dress code of hard hats & steel toe boots!!!:lol:

mccaugm
10-Mar-08, 21:46
This irritates me when its one rule of one bairn and another rule for another. If the uniform is clearly stated wear it. Don't try and twist it by wearing the colours in inappropriate ways to test the teachers and rectors patience.

If you were a policeman would you wear a stripy t'shirt...no of course you wouldn't. Its much the same thing. It also promotes safety within the school. Sounds far fetched - well its not. My elder children went to Invergordon Academy before coming to Caithness. A child from another school tried to get in to the school without permission as he had been expelled (excluded call it what you will) from Alness Academy, he was spotted within minutes because he did not have the right clothing on.

dirdyweeker
10-Mar-08, 21:49
This irritates me when its one rule of one bairn and another rule for another. If the uniform is clearly stated wear it. Don't try and twist it by wearing the colours in inappropriate ways to test the teachers and rectors patience

I totally agree. My son is one of the majority who wears the uniform or follows the dress code, call it what you like. I think it works well.
Some folk like to break rules.

SOAC
10-Mar-08, 23:10
Aye, I remember when the uniform was allowed to slide at my school. First it was great as you felt you were rebelling, then a few parents complained about the uniforms cost and before you knew it the uniform was ditched and the REAL arms race began. One upmanship over who had the latest trainer/shirt/jumper etc and no feeling of identity. The school definately lost something in hindsight - so be careful not to turn the negative state of a building into considering the whole thing as negative - staff, kids, rules etc as this kind of mentality doesn't have an up-side?

The school is in a deplorable state (have you had a look at other public buildings?) Girning about the enforcement of existing rules is a completely different subject - I could curse the traffic warden for picking up on minor infringements or sundry other niggles in daily life!

rangers1873
10-Mar-08, 23:20
part of the reason for the uniform was that no one would feel different from others , then why is it i see this 2 people everyday waiting for the lybster bus with not one bit of school uniform on the kids will know who i'm on about . these are the people that the uniform was supposed to help but yet they are not getting any hassle from mr trail or his staff for not wearing it. now the descrimination is happening to the kids that are going to the school smartly dressed. and why are the staff not wearing a uniform as half of them dress up like hippys, so who are they to preach to the kids about a dress code.

Venture
10-Mar-08, 23:36
Complain? If that was one of my children I would be looking for the school to cover the cost.

I understand that the school has standards to keep up BUT having trousers ripped on a nail is a potential MAJOR HEALTH AND SAFETY issue. What would the schools reaction be if the child had actually hurt themselves on the nail.

Venture, get you priorities right.

And what priorities are you talking about.

Just answer a few questions I have. Has the parent contacted the school to complain, firstly about what happened to her son's trousers, secondly about the fact her son could have been injured etc etc.

You ask what would the schools reaction have been if he was injured Im 100% sure they would have dealt with it in the proper manner.

My first priority as a parent would have been to contact the school to complain as I suggested.

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 23:38
I'm sorry but although I do comply with the dress code even after my endless complaints about it in the past, I do feel the rector is just taking the dress code business too far now, I've heard from pupils and many parents that they feel the same. Fair enough stopping people from wearing clothes with names on it or colours that are not in the dress code but I shook my head as the notice was read out today from the day sheet. Stripy black and white clothes are not alowed? It's black and white! What's the big deal, as long as they are wearing the correct colours and they are not designer clothes, who cares! I must say that it took me a long time to go along with the dress code and after endless arguments about it, I eventually wore it but I'm beginning to turn more and more against the uniform now, the more the rector goes on about it.

He's not worried about the schools reputation, he's only worried about his own reputation and I'm sorry if many of you disagree with that but it is becoming more and more obvious to be fact as the school days go on. If he showed a more polite attitude to his pupils, he might see a difference but I was extremely annoyed a few weeks ago as I heard someone shout "HOYY!" at me as I walked to school in jeans. The reason for this is because I was leaving shortly to go to Inverness for a music event. I was very close to saying something to him about this and I have to say that if he shouts this at me again instead of shouting excuse me or something more polite then I am just going to continue walking and if he spoke to me about it I'd tell him that I did not appreciate his horrible manner. He is showing less and less respect for the pupils of the school and it now feels like he is only worried about his reputation and that of the staff.

It's rediculous!

This matter IS getting out of hand. My kids have problems with their feet and my son actually suffered a stress fracture of his foot after he started wearing "acceptable" shoes to School. I have trouble getting shoes that don't cut my daughter's feet to shreds and, just last week, spent £45 on a pair of trainers that were "Black Enough" to be acceptable. Now it looks that they might not be acceptable due to a discrete, and I might add black, logo.

It is all very well shouting about uniform. The school should be concentrating on educating the pupils properly. The last time I was in the High School (about a month ago) the place looked like a dive. Smarten your own "house" up Mr Traill, before shouting the odds about the pupils dress. I will go to my GP, MP and whoever it takes, before I will let my kids suffer discomfort to appease a paranoid attitude.

ps What defines designer gear? Most companies put a logo on their product. Where are you supposed to purchase "Ally Traill's Anonymous Trainers" from?

donnalee1994
10-Mar-08, 23:39
Yes i believe in the uniform but think it is unbelievable that children get sent home becoz they dont have a black coat,now be honest what the colour of there coat has to do with the uniform i dont no and when all said an done they dont wear there coats in class unless the heaters have broken down again.my point is in the cold weather is a suitable coat not better than wearing no coat as they dont own or cant afford to buy a black one,i really think this takes the school uniform too far.

Cazaa
10-Mar-08, 23:41
If you were a policeman would you wear a stripy t'shirt...no of course you wouldn't. Its much the same thing.

Are you suggesting that the pupils should have their uniform/cleaning supplemented?

and why are the staff not wearing a uniform as half of them dress up like hippys, so who are they to preach to the kids about a dress code.

Are you suggesting that teachers should be given a uniform to wear? Who will pay for that and the cleaning of it without the Council Tax going up?

50% of the staff dressed up like hippies? Are you absolutely certain about that? Do you have any proof?
As this thread seems to suggest that some teachers are not bothering to check up on the enforcement of the Dress Code, do you know exactly what percentage of the staff are actually preaching to the kids about it?

JAWS
10-Mar-08, 23:52
I cannot believe how despicably school children are treated in this day and age. The horror of being given an acceptable dress code and then, of all things, being expected to follow it, I just can’t believe it is happening.
The cheek of the Rector lecturing them on keeping to the dress code must be absolute torture, there really should be a law against such abuse of those of such tender age.

Lecturing? Is that all? Yes, and I admit it was very many years ago, I used to push my luck with my school uniform. You just had to see what you could get away with and for how long. I made a dreadful error one day. Instead of grey socks I turned up in socks made up of two inch diamond shapes in white, yellow and blue. I quite forgot that it was the day for Chemistry in the Demonstration Lab which had rows of seats in raised tears. That period was taken by the Head Master (English equivalent of Rector) and, horror of horrors, what was right in his direct line of sight? MY SOCKS!
Lecture? Not on your life, “Boy! Do you think you are dressing for golf? See me during the next break!” And a very painful break it was.

Yes we tried it on but if you got caught out you just accepted the punishment due to you without bleating about it. Only wimps did that and nobody wanted to earn that label.

saffy100
11-Mar-08, 01:06
I cannot believe how despicably school children are treated in this day and age. The horror of being given an acceptable dress code and then, of all things, being expected to follow it, I just can’t believe it is happening.
The cheek of the Rector lecturing them on keeping to the dress code must be absolute torture, there really should be a law against such abuse of those of such tender age.

Lecturing? Is that all? Yes, and I admit it was very many years ago, I used to push my luck with my school uniform. You just had to see what you could get away with and for how long. I made a dreadful error one day. Instead of grey socks I turned up in socks made up of two inch diamond shapes in white, yellow and blue. I quite forgot that it was the day for Chemistry in the Demonstration Lab which had rows of seats in raised tears. That period was taken by the Head Master (English equivalent of Rector) and, horror of horrors, what was right in his direct line of sight? MY SOCKS!
Lecture? Not on your life, “Boy! Do you think you are dressing for golf? See me during the next break!” And a very painful break it was.

Yes we tried it on but if you got caught out you just accepted the punishment due to you without bleating about it. Only wimps did that and nobody wanted to earn that label.

lol...i agree....when i was at school we had to wear uniforms, correct shoes, skirt BELOW the knee, navy knickers, white shirt AND tie, cardigan or blaser, no makeup, nail varnish or jewellery other than studs in ears. The uniform police did bend rules if doctor's notes were sent to advise of problems with footwear etc.

And i am not past 35 yet, so this wasn't that long ago.....at lunchtimes i see heavily made up divas in their miniskirts trailling down the street, granted they are in school colours..but hey, i say don't complain about uniforms too much, as far as i can see they get away with a lot more that we did.

Smart dress is essential, it prepares you for the demands of the big wide world and how to dress appropriately. Fair enough in your own time is different, but at school should be as the rules imply. When working age comes upon you, you have to do as your told so why not at school?

Venture
11-Mar-08, 01:51
Yes i believe in the uniform but think it is unbelievable that children get sent home becoz they dont have a black coat,now be honest what the colour of there coat has to do with the uniform i dont no and when all said an done they dont wear there coats in class unless the heaters have broken down again.my point is in the cold weather is a suitable coat not better than wearing no coat as they dont own or cant afford to buy a black one,i really think this takes the school uniform too far.

Dont know where you got your information from but children are not sent home because their outdoor coat is not black. The school understands that not everyone has a black outdoor coat so the rule is the coat can only be worn outside the school but must be taken off inside to show the uniform underneath.. Check with the school and you'll find Im right.

Venture
11-Mar-08, 02:47

It's rediculous!

The dress code hasn't changed in any way since it was introduced. Yes its black and white. Maybe if I explain it this way. If you supported a football team with a strip which was plain black would you be supporting the same team if you wore a strip with black and white stripes. Same goes for the uniform WHS dosent have black and white spots or stripes or diamonds on any part of their uniform. Just plain black or white items. The rule has been made for all pupils not staff. They are paid employees and its not in their contract of employment with Highland Regional Council that they must wear the school uniform.

Quite a few people have posted on this thread with personal comments about the rector and his staff which I think is totally out of order as they aren't in a position to reply. Still they can read.

Why can't people just use the proper channels for their complaints about things that happen in the school.

For Scorrie the question in your post -
Where are you supposed to purchase "Ally Traill's Anonymous Trainers" from?

D E Shoe Shop Wick

Yoda the flump
11-Mar-08, 09:31
You ask what would the schools reaction have been if he was injured Im 100% sure they would have dealt with it in the proper manner.

To ensure that there are no nails or other dangerous objects around that the children can hurt themselves on, in this case it was only trousers, what if it was skin?

There is no excuse for poor health and safety in the workplace and even less in a school.

Many companies would not stand for that in their offices etc so why do we have it in a school. Lack of funding is not an excuse.

Dealing with it in a 100% proper manner means not letting it happen in the first place.

Penelope Pitstop
11-Mar-08, 10:17
The rule has been made for all pupils not staff. They are paid employees and its not in their contract of employment with Highland Regional Council that they must wear the school uniform.

IMO school staff ought to have a school uniform relevant to the staff - not the same as the pupils, or they would not be easily recognisable.

Just for record, I think you'll find that no one can enforce the pupils to wear the school uniform.

Gee whizz I wish as much time and effort went into teaching the pupils as goes into sorting out school uniform rules and enforcing it.:confused

scorrie
11-Mar-08, 10:54
The dress code hasn't changed in any way since it was introduced. Yes its black and white. Maybe if I explain it this way. If you supported a football team with a strip which was plain black would you be supporting the same team if you wore a strip with black and white stripes. Same goes for the uniform WHS dosent have black and white spots or stripes or diamonds on any part of their uniform. Just plain black or white items. The rule has been made for all pupils not staff. They are paid employees and its not in their contract of employment with Highland Regional Council that they must wear the school uniform.

Quite a few people have posted on this thread with personal comments about the rector and his staff which I think is totally out of order as they aren't in a position to reply. Still they can read.

Why can't people just use the proper channels for their complaints about things that happen in the school.

D E Shoe Shop Wick

I WAS in D E, sadly my daughter has size 7 feet, at the age of 12, and there were ZERO pairs of ladies black trainers that would fit. We settled on a men's pair that were fairly unisex in style but they were ripping her heels to shreds. Gunns had ONE pair of black trainers that fitted. They were Sketchers at £45 a pop. Is anyone giving any thought to kids who have to walk quite a way to school, often in bad weather? Some of the shoes they had in Gunns were glorified ballet shoes!!

I think it perfectly reasonable for me to comment as I see fit. There is nothing stopping anyone from registering here if they feel the need to reply. Rest assured that the appropriate channels WILL be used, if and when they are required.

mccaugm
11-Mar-08, 10:54
Penelope, if the children take pride in their appearance rather than wearing trousers at their ankles or wandering around like quote "divas", then they may be more inclined to work harder and take pride in their school as well. A long shot maybe but the positive culture of the school depends on it.

I wish they would make the uniform more specific,
shirt. blouse or polo shirt,
black trousers or skirt,
fleecy/jumper or cardigan with school logo
black trainers or shoes.
Tie

No ifs, buts or alternatives to test the patience of the school
Such as
long shorts
stripey tops
mini skirts
low cut lycra tops etc

ANNIE
11-Mar-08, 11:02
I totally agree and think there should be a dress code for the teachers. This would then maybe encourage the kids to want to follow the same standard. I bought my daughter a white mac thinking this was acceptable seeing as it was in the colours stated only to be told no it has to be a black jacket. We now have a £25 jacket lying in a wardrobe that only comes out now and again.Her cousin was also pulled aside for wearing a very dark navy waterproof jacket as she is from the country and it was raining she wore this only to be told put it in her locker and only wear it when outside. I quite understand if the dress is completely out of the standard set but I feel this is taking it a bit too far. I read before that the Thurso High has dress down days I think this would be good idea and give the kids a well earned break from wearing a uniform. As most of these kids will move on to jobs where there will be dress code of some kind ( my goodness I'm 41 and still wearing a uniform and I too get fed up sometimes having to wear the same thing all the time)

BIG A
11-Mar-08, 11:15
Having seen some of the staff go in this morning as i dropped the kids off Trail would be advised to get them to sort out there dress before he starts on the kids.
One member of support staff wears a skirt no wider that my Belt Others have jeans on.

KCI
11-Mar-08, 11:43
Shame - as usual, this thread is turning into a thread aimed at personal insults for school staff.

If people have concerns about the staff, the way they behave, or the way they dress, why don't they complain to the school, rather than have a go on a messageboard?

Regarding the school uniform - I think it looks great.
And a dress code of some sort for the staff might be an idea. When the pupils started wearing the uniforms for the first time, I can remember all the comments on here, about how good it looked, what a difference etc.

Penelope Pitstop
11-Mar-08, 12:23
Penelope, if the children take pride in their appearance rather than wearing trousers at their ankles or wandering around like quote "divas", then they may be more inclined to work harder and take pride in their school as well. A long shot maybe but the positive culture of the school depends on it.

.........did I say they shouldn't take pride in their appearance, did I say they ought to wear trousers round their ankles, etc.....Noooooooooooo.........:(

Penelope Pitstop
11-Mar-08, 12:27
I totally agree and think there should be a dress code for the teachers. This would then maybe encourage the kids to want to follow the same standard. I bought my daughter a white mac thinking this was acceptable seeing as it was in the colours stated only to be told no it has to be a black jacket. We now have a £25 jacket lying in a wardrobe that only comes out now and again.Her cousin was also pulled aside for wearing a very dark navy waterproof jacket as she is from the country and it was raining she wore this only to be told put it in her locker and only wear it when outside. I quite understand if the dress is completely out of the standard set but I feel this is taking it a bit too far. I read before that the Thurso High has dress down days I think this would be good idea and give the kids a well earned break from wearing a uniform. As most of these kids will move on to jobs where there will be dress code of some kind ( my goodness I'm 41 and still wearing a uniform and I too get fed up sometimes having to wear the same thing all the time)

Hi Annie, I think the "dress down" days you refer to at Thurso High are when the kids fund raise for e.g. red nose day or breast cancer day (i.e. they can wear something pink if they donate the cause.) There's not many of these days.

P.S. I think it's a bit of nit picking about the colour of a navy blue jacket for school.

brandy
11-Mar-08, 12:42
just wondering, i thought the uniform was optional and not compulsary?

ocd
11-Mar-08, 14:09
With the attitudes of "parents" on this thread is it any wonder some kids are turning out the way they are.

Yes the school may not be able to enforce a uniform but get a grip at least Mr Traill is making an effort.

Personally, I think it is great seeing the kids looking smart going to school, well at least it was at the start of the year. There appears to be a lapse in what is being worn, I blame the parents for this. I can assure you if my son/daughter tried to leave the house dressed as some are they would be sent back to their room very swiftly to change.

As for being able to get plain black/white clothing, it may be a bit of a chore but IMO worth it.

I would not mind paying a little extra for better quality clothing as it does last longer and I am on a low income.

rfr10
11-Mar-08, 17:02

D E Shoe Shop Wick

No it would not be the same but you cannot compare a school to a football team. Children are at school for a valuable education, since the new dress code has been introduced, there have been no problems at all with the clothing (not that there was any problem in the first place). If there has been no problem and the pupils are sticking to the appropriate colours of the uniform, this is causing no hastle to any other pupils and therefore is not disrupting the education of the pupils. The school is now coming to the point where they are just looking for some way to pick on the pupils. Fair enough, talk to the pupils who are completely disobeying the dress code but for those who are wearing perfectly plain clothes, correct colours and no logos on it, this should be perfectly acceptable as they are interpreting the dress code in their own way to still make it fasionable and this is what the uniform should be like. I think the school have to stop looking for little issues to moan about and focus on the education of the pupils. Two people in my registration class today were told to go to the rector about their uniform but they refused to go and did not go because, well, basically, there was nothing wrong with what they were wearing. The school and the SMT really need to sit back, along with the parent council and focus on more important issues than tiny blips in the dress code. The dress code is causing no trouble to put it aside and stop complaining. Schools can tell a pupil what not to wear but they can't tell a pupil what they have to wear, this is a legal statement.

I know that in the past, I argued on here about not wearing the uniform which I now admit was very immiture but now I have valid points which are not immiture and the school needs to take these points on board and relax and stop complaining. Anyone who disagrees with me can say what they like but what I'm saying is fact and soon, the whole school is going to be in total spite and stop wearing the uniform.

Why can't a use proper channels to make complaints? It's because the school, SMT and any other committes who help to run the school will NEVER listen to the views of a pupil. Pupil councils were set up so that pupils could have a say but the rector has it his way and his way only (This is how I can make personal remarks because it is fact) It IS NOT the schools reputation he is worried about, it IS his own and I've had many people to back this statement up. I do admit the rector did make a difference to the school when he first joined Wick High School but things are just getting to far and out of hand now.

I'm afraid, eventually, you're going to end up making a lot of parents turn against the dress code idea aswell if the school doesn't stop complaining about POINTLESS, MINOR ISSUES and deal with real issues in stead which is actually constructive and contributes to a childs education!

Sorry but I'm just getting sick of the obcession with uniform from the school now.

rfr10
11-Mar-08, 17:05
just wondering, i thought the uniform was optional and not compulsary?

Uniform isn't compulsary but the dress code is.

Something the school hasen't even got to grips with yet as they still refer to it as a uniform.

But I'm afraid the school cannot deny a child and education for the clothes they wear.

Penelope Pitstop
11-Mar-08, 17:29
With the attitudes of "parents" on this thread is it any wonder some kids are turning out the way they are.

Yes the school may not be able to enforce a uniform but get a grip at least Mr Traill is making an effort.

And what attitudes of parents would that be then :confused.......another one presuming and reading what's not there between the lines...go back and read my post.

I said, for the record the school can't enforce the wearing of uniform....I did not say put your kids to school school out of uniform.....maybe you should take your own advice and "get a grip" [disgust] I was merely stating a fact.....excuse me!

donnalee1994
11-Mar-08, 17:39
Dont know where you got your information from but children are not sent home because their outdoor coat is not black. The school understands that not everyone has a black outdoor coat so the rule is the coat can only be worn outside the school but must be taken off inside to show the uniform underneath.. Check with the school and you'll find Im right.

Think you will find i am right both my children got sent home a letter saying that if they didnt have a black coat they were not allowed to bring it to school,my point with the school was i cant just magic a black coat out of thin air so they allowed them to wear there perfectly nice warm winter coats for a week which the school thought was an exceptable time frame to go buy them a new one.

rfr10
11-Mar-08, 17:47
Think you will find i am right both my children got sent home a letter saying that if they didnt have a black coat they were not allowed to bring it to school,my point with the school was i cant just magic a black coat out of thin air so they allowed them to wear there perfectly nice warm winter coats for a week which the school thought was an exceptable time frame to go buy them a new one.

Oh, and the two people I refered to in my previous post who got asked to go to the rector- this was because they weren't wearing a black coat. Actually, one was wearing a black coat but it had a bit of blue on it. They didn't go to the rector though so I must say, well done them for sticking up for themselves when they had done nothing wrong.

I really don't like the rectors attitude when he sees someone without a uniform. I often listen in nosily when I walk up to school at lunch time to hear him saying "What's this?" as he looks the pupil up and down with disgust. And as I said before when he shouted "HOY!" at me as though I was some trouble maker. He really needs to change his attitude if he wants all pupils to respect him. And before anyone complains because I'm writing this here and not complaining to the school, this is because I know I'll probably get excluded from school / suspended which, although he has no reason to do so, still am not going to risk it.

gothlife420
11-Mar-08, 21:20
Anyone who disagrees with me can say what they like but what I'm saying is fact and soon, the whole school is going to be in total spite and stop wearing the uniform. .

Since when has your voice spoke for the whole school. I strongly disagree with your comment. I am a pupil of Wick High School I agree with the uniform, I enjoy wearing the uniform and so do my friends

Just because you have a problem with Mr.Traill does not mean everybody else has.

I believe you are just going out of your way to make Mr. Traill look bad and are trying to turn parents and pupils against him.

gollach
11-Mar-08, 21:52
Since when has your voice spoke for the whole school. I strongly disagree with your comment. I am a pupil of Wick High School I agree with the uniform, I enjoy wearing the uniform and so do my friends

Just because you have a problem with Mr.Traill does not mean everybody else has.

I believe you are just going out of your way to make Mr. Traill look bad and are trying to turn parents and pupils against him.

I agree with gothlife. rfr10 is hardly showing the maturity I would expect from someone who is

WHS Highland Youth Voice Representative
Executive Representative for Caithness
HIGHLAND YOUTH VOICE TRANSPORT CONVENER

dirdyweeker
11-Mar-08, 22:01
rfr 10..............I am shocked by a lot of your comments. It is shocking to speak publically of someone who is not able to defend themselves. This is defamation of character and an offence under law. You do have a right to your opinion but to openly name people is not right. Show some maturity and speak on a 'one to one' with the person involved instead of slagging them off on a public forum.My son attends WHS and is PROUD to wear his uniform and PROUD to be a pupil there. You say you are WHS Highland Youth Voice Representative? Please do not speak on behalf of MY son! He (as a WHS Youth ) does not share your opinion.:mad:

quiteone
11-Mar-08, 23:39
i agree too..................naming names. my child is also pupil at whs and loves her uniform and the dress code as she can wear her casual clothes at wkends and after school.

rfr10
12-Mar-08, 17:09
Sorry but I can't resist after reading the uniform thread lately which has now been closed.

I have read the replies to my comment but I think those who disagreed with me will find that if they read over my comments again, you will notice that not once did I state that I was in disagreement with the uniform/ dress code. I do not know where those of you who said this are finding this from.

All I stated is that I was fed up, constantly hearing problems with the uniform, making it sound like the schools priority of a uniform should be higher than the priority of a uniform. I do agree that those who deliberatley disobey the dress code should be spoken to but for those who believe they are following the dress code, they should not be made to feel like a troublemaker for wearing for example, a stripy black and white top when is the correct colours of the dress code and have no brand names / other designs on it. The majority of pupils look almost the same with their own uniquness in the uniform, wearing it the way they want but still complying with the dress code colours. I think you will also find thatI am representing the views of the majority of pupils in the school after endless consultation during class time. But I at no time on this thread said anything which was against the wearing of the dress code.

If you think tiny blips in uniform should take priority over a childs decent education then you go ahead and believe that.

I will close this thread to comments to prevent any further argumentative discussions so if you wish to comment, please send me a PM.