PDA

View Full Version : Mother-in-laws

Buttercup
09-Mar-08, 22:04
I know they're the butt of many a joke but what like is yours? Do you get on? or are you like oil and water? [lol]
Mine is sadly gone now, but we got on really well.

golach
09-Mar-08, 22:06
I know they're the butt of many a joke but what like is yours? Do you get on? or are you like oil and water? [lol]
Mine is sadly gone now, but we got on really well.
Mine is now sadly gone also, but I loved her from day one, and her daughter is turning into her double [lol]

Dadie
09-Mar-08, 22:07
I never met mine ...
she died before i met my hubby
Wish I did she sounds like she was a lovely person.

justine
09-Mar-08, 22:08
I like my mother-in-law, but i am not sure about my mother ...Oh has many problems with her, so have to say depends whose M I L it is.........

grandma
09-Mar-08, 22:10
Likewise Buttercup, my mother-in-law is no longer with us and although she could be quite difficult at times I got on well with her. Hope I can be half as good a mother-in-law when my turn comes. I still find myself going for the phone to tell her or ask her something.

footie chick
09-Mar-08, 22:12
I would be so lost without my mother in law. One in a million.

twiglet
09-Mar-08, 22:31
I only met mine once and long before I 'met' my husband properly but she seemed realy nice. Sadly she died young of cancer, such a shame she never got to meet her grandchildren. I feel sorry for my husband having my mum as a mother-in-law. Well, you can't choose your family but sometimes you wish you could!

mccaugm
09-Mar-08, 22:39
Mine is just fine....nuff said

Thumper
09-Mar-08, 22:42
I have had 2 MIL's neither of which exactly liked me :roll: but then again i didnt like them either ;) x

hell raizer
09-Mar-08, 22:47
i never met mine, she died of TB when she was 22yrs old hubby was only 3 yrs old and to young to remember her

lynne duncan
09-Mar-08, 22:52
mine is just right and so's me mum

Buttercup
09-Mar-08, 23:10
Mine is just fine....nuff said

A very ambiguous reply mccaugm. Are you afraid she may read it? [lol]

Julia
09-Mar-08, 23:18
Gurning hypocritical dragon from hell springs to mind [lol]

scorrie
10-Mar-08, 00:20
I remember Billy Connolly talking about meeting a woman in his wife Pamela's Surgery waiting room. They got talking and the gist of it was that the woman was there to seek advice on why she could not get on with her Mother-in-Law. Billy simply asked her "What made you imagine that you should expect to get on with her?"

Said it all for me. Like all people in this world, you will get on with some and have no time for others.

Metalattakk
10-Mar-08, 00:27
I can't find any fault with my smother-in-law at all.

Rheghead
10-Mar-08, 00:39
My mother in law is OK, we have nothing in common but we are always friendly towards eachother. She is just probably just happy that I am still happy with her daughter.

Sandra_B
10-Mar-08, 07:53
My mother-in-law is no longer welcome in my house.

Bobinovich
10-Mar-08, 11:51
I had a very iffy start with my MIL - she was very protective (rottweiler style) of her youngest, was too willing to listen to others (who didn't even know me) and, when she tried to stop her daughter from seeing me with violence, only succeeded in pushing her away. For many months after we didn't even talk.

After she realised that we were serious and that the 12-year age gap wasn't a problem, things got better and they've been pretty much fine since.

We don't always see eye-to-eye on matters, but she's solid, dependable and considerate, and she's great with all her grandkids (14 with another on the way!).

BRIE
10-Mar-08, 12:19
my mother in law was a wonderful woman sadly we lost her to cancer & i still miss her everyday.
Im also very lucky that my now partners mother is lovely too!

karia
10-Mar-08, 12:47
My mum in law is lovely but lives quite a distance away so don't see her that often.

When we do visit the list of 'things to be done' comes out and we can tell by the length of it whether we'll get home that night.:D