PDA

View Full Version : Carol Barnes...

justine
08-Mar-08, 21:08
May i wish the family of a fine woman my condolences..I remember her as a child.......Sad day.:(

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1308561,00.html

mccaugm
08-Mar-08, 21:11
:~(That is very sad.....could not believe she was 63......she will be sadly missed.

karia
08-Mar-08, 21:13
:~(That is very sad.....could not believe she was 63......she will be sadly missed.

I know...I thought she was in her 50's at most.:eek:

Far too young to be taken from her family.

quiteone
08-Mar-08, 21:15
was she the news reader who had a stroke the other day?? ah ats a shame

justine
08-Mar-08, 21:16

I no she did not look a day over forty......I will miss her as i thought she was an excellent news reader...always had a smile.....

Lavenderblue2
08-Mar-08, 21:17
Very sorry to hear of Carol Barnes untimely death - she has had a hard time of it these four years. May she rest in peace, reunited with her daughter.

LB

justine
08-Mar-08, 21:18
was she the news reader who had a stroke the other day?? ah ats a shame

yes sadly it was...They thought she may have made a recovery but unfortunately it did not happen.....

KCI
08-Mar-08, 21:22
What a shame. I had read that she had a stroke, but I didn't realise it was this serious.
Such a shame.

balto
08-Mar-08, 22:50
do you know it is sad she has died but what about all the other victaims who die from strokes you never hear from them, it is always the same when someone famous died, i know i will get frowned apon for saying that but hey its how i feel

justine
08-Mar-08, 23:03
[quote=balto;354840]do you know it is sad she has died but what about all the other victaims who die from strokes you never hear from them, it is always the same when someone famous died, i know i will get frowned apon for saying that but hey its how i feel[/quote

No your right.It is a shame that we dont hear of the ordinary people who die of it, but then we would be posting RIP threads continuously.....The news are only intetrested if there are more than one death in the same area of the same condition...alas...:confusedand the fact they have passed over maybe why we dont hear from them.....:eek:

balto
08-Mar-08, 23:05
[quote=balto;354840]do you know it is sad she has died but what about all the other victaims who die from strokes you never hear from them, it is always the same when someone famous died, i know i will get frowned apon for saying that but hey its how i feel[/quote

No your right.It is a shame that we dont hear of the ordinary people who die of it, but then we would be posting RIP threads continuously.....The news are only intetrested if there are more than one death in the same area of the same condition...alas...:confusedand the fact they have passed over maybe why we dont hear from them.....:eek:
aye ordinary folk dont sell newspapers do they, but sad all the same she has died

Kevin Milkins
09-Mar-08, 00:35
That news has took me back a bit.
Its the first I have heard about it .
And I had no idea she was that old.

I feel pretty sad now.

Fran
09-Mar-08, 02:58
She did an excellent programme the other week about her colleague, who was a well known newsreader who turned to drink and became a down and out alcoholic. It was an excellent programme which did her proud.

floyed
09-Mar-08, 04:25
Very sorry to hear of Carol Barnes untimely death - she has had a hard time of it these four years. May she rest in peace, reunited with her daughter.

LB

R.I.P Carol Barnes, What happened to her daughter??

floyed
09-Mar-08, 04:31

I think your right to, it is only the famous that make headlines. But as you said Justine there is that many ordinary people that die from it that it would be a continous flow of R.I.P.

Margaret M.
09-Mar-08, 05:10
do you know it is sad she has died but what about all the other victaims who die from strokes you never hear from them, it is always the same when someone famous died,

But it does brings focus to the cause of the celeb's death and the heightened awareness may help save someone else's life.

Lavenderblue2
09-Mar-08, 09:49
R.I.P Carol Barnes, What happened to her daughter??

Her daughter Clare, died at 24 as the result of a skydiving accident in Australia in 2004.