PDA

View Full Version : Weird stuff when someone dies.

melt
08-Mar-08, 20:14
Weve had a family bereavement recently and when the person died in hospital, his clock at home stopped at his exact time of death. Also a few years ago another member of the family died and flowers were bought for her in the morning but never got to her in the hospital, she passed away in the afternoon and when getting home later on that day the flowers had died and all the petals had dropped off. The flowers had been bought fresh that morning. Both these things are quite weird to say the least and we just wondered if anybody else had had something strange happen when a love one had died.

Bobinovich
08-Mar-08, 20:21
When my mum passed away we were by her bedside in Raigmore. We found out on returning to Caithness later that day that our son, a year old and staying with his gran in Thurso, had woken up crying at the same time.

Penelope Pitstop
08-Mar-08, 20:26
Yes I've had similar type experience. I was woken during the night and talked to at the time of loved one's passing....felt like my hair was sticking up on end...very very strange feeling. Didn't know she had died till a few hours later....was when I had the strange experience ....was the strangest experience I've every had.

I know there are non believers regarding this...but I'm not one of them....been there experienced it.

Suth11
09-Mar-08, 00:22
ive not experienced anything like above but my MIL passed away while i as pregnant and my son still to this day talks to someone and he often looks at our living room door and smiles for a few mins i would love it if it was his nana watching over him.

also since she passed i often wake up in the middle of the night and get a very nive smell of a lovely perfume and i know that she is here with us.

alot of our family members think they have had visitors (had@visitors) when they find a white feather.

little things like this keep our spirts up and we know our loved ones are not gone but if you dont want to belive it then thats fine to.

Lolabelle
09-Mar-08, 10:32
I am a firm believer in the teachings of the scriptures, but I know lots of unexplained things happen, things that have happened to me and to people I know well and trust 100% so I know they would never lie about something like that. When Dave's old boss was killed in a truck accident, Dave had something strange happen where he had a really strong feeling of a "presence" and I know he is not the slightest bit supersticious or spooky. So what it is, I don't know, but I like to think that sometimes maybe God gives us a kind of comfort that only we will "get". :eek:

hobbes1962
09-Mar-08, 11:15
The night that my gran died both me and my mum (it was my father's mum who died) kept waking up and thinking about gran. We had a very restless night and then in the morning we got the call to say that gran had died.

melt
09-Mar-08, 12:29
Weve also had other spooky things happen in our family. My mum had a number of late miscarriages before she had me. While she was in hospital carrying me she said her mum walk into the ward came to the end of the bed and told her that she wasnt to worry as I would be ok, her mum had been dead for quite a number of years. She always said it totally freaked her out and Im still here 40 years later. We also moved into a new house when my son was around 18 months/2 years old and he kept saying of a little granny who used to come and tuck him up in the night. We found out later that an old lady had died in the house. Both my self and a friend also saw the old lady ourselves once in another bedroom and once in the lounge.

balto
09-Mar-08, 13:49
i had a funny experiance, about 10 years ago a very good friend of mine took his own life, i was pregnant with my daughter at the time and was feeling really terriable because of whta he had done, but about a month after he did it, he came to me night in my sleep and told me he was ok, i had gone into premature labour just after he died but all the problems stopped once he came to see me in my sleep, i think to this day he is my daughters guardian angel.