PDA

View Full Version : Rumblings and Grumblings

Tugmistress
07-Mar-08, 20:48
are the MOD playing war games again? am sat here with no noise (neep out so nice and quiet) and every now and then i can hear something rumbling and grumbling outside similar to what i hear when they are bombing on cape wrath but it seems a little louder. anyone else hear it?

northener
07-Mar-08, 21:02
are the MOD playing war games again? am sat here with no noise (neep out so nice and quiet) and every now and then i can hear something rumbling and grumbling outside similar to what i hear when they are bombing on cape wrath but it seems a little louder. anyone else hear it?

Sorry, 8 pints of Old Furgle and a dodgy curry last night:eek:...

skinnydog
07-Mar-08, 21:04
No I actually think it was thunder as my oh saw a flash of lightning. It was pretty loud wasn't it?

Tugmistress
07-Mar-08, 21:08
No I actually think it was thunder as my oh saw a flash of lightning. It was pretty loud wasn't it?

lol yeah heard about 5 rumbles now, got my curtains open but not noticed any flashes that's why i didn't think of thunder lol

Bill Fernie
07-Mar-08, 21:18
You can find details of low flying exercises at
http://www.mod.uk/defenceinternet/aboutdefence/whatwedo/airsafetyandaviation/lowflying

I cannot see anything at the moment.

There is a big exercise planned to take place between 21 April -1 May 2008 called Exercise JOINT WARRIOR (JW 081),

JW 081 is a joint course involving units from all three services, but predominately maritime and air. Its aim is to provide joint collective training in a multi-threat environment for UK units and invited NATO and Allied units and their staffs. 38 ships, 2 submarines and in the region of 45 aircraft and a small number of Land Units from UK, NATO and Allied Nations will operate from various bases in Scotland. The majority of activity will take place off the north western, northern and north eastern coasts of Scotland, although in order to maximise training benefit for aircrew and ground forces, sorties will also take place overland in Scotland and the north of England and a minimal increase in air activity over Wales.

plumber
07-Mar-08, 21:36
Driving back from wick about 7-30 tonight there was three blue flashes in the distance in the Thurso direction, could have been lightning

catnip
07-Mar-08, 21:43
Hope we get it it Wick. Could really do with some excitement tonight !

chaz
07-Mar-08, 21:48
Lots of flashes and yes some noise like the odd rumble,watten/spittal area:eek:

catnip
07-Mar-08, 21:59
Oooohhhh it's getting closer to Wick !!!!!

Dynamic Sounds
08-Mar-08, 01:27
Was sitting at work tongiht about half seven and me and the guy I was with heard what we thought were thunder rumbles, but the sky looked a bit too clear for thunder & lightning. Also doubted thunder are there was no interference on the radio. But I could be wrong

rob16d
08-Mar-08, 01:37
Guys I'm scared....I wanna hear the noises.... but what if it's alien?

teddybear1873
08-Mar-08, 01:43
Guys I'm scared....I wanna hear the noises.... but what if it's alien?

You been watching too much SF films again rob lol.

Riffman
08-Mar-08, 01:44
No worries young rob16, I will ward it off with a double barrel of Winchester XX #6!

rob16d
08-Mar-08, 01:57
Don't mock me :( Please, I am scared now! What if they come and hurt us?

bobandag16
08-Mar-08, 14:02
Driving back from wick about 7-30 tonight there was three blue flashes in the distance in the Thurso direction, could have been lightning
could have been the police after you. using an extra light one on the roof top:D.

dessie
08-Mar-08, 16:11
hovering over robs house in my U.F.O.[lol]

Moi x
08-Mar-08, 16:13
Driving back from wick about 7-30 tonight there was three blue flashes in the distance in the Thurso direction, could have been lightningIt was rob trying to fix his vacuum. :cool:

Moi x

dessie
08-Mar-08, 16:32
nice one moi x lol

rob16d
08-Mar-08, 19:44
It was rob trying to fix his vacuum. :cool:

Moi x

Dinna make fun of me guys! UFOs are real and they might get me....is anyone willing to help me kill all of them! lol! Joking...anyway...anyone from out west got any pics of the blue flashes? I wanna see it :)

Moi x
09-Mar-08, 00:30
I'm not making fun of you rob but I do have a weird sense of humour.

Did you get it fixed?

rob16d
09-Mar-08, 12:31
I'm not making fun of you rob but I do have a weird sense of humour.

Did you get it fixed?

Hey I think it's fixed.....Now I need to clean up cat spew..... ewwww.

He ate bacon last night when I was at toilet!!!

plumber
11-Mar-08, 15:21
could have been the police after you. using an extra light one on the roof top:D.
They didn't catch me bobandag, I'm smarter than that, How do you like the scottish Thistle?

rob16d
11-Mar-08, 16:07
HAs nobody found out what this is yet?