PDA

View Full Version : summer holidays

balto
07-Mar-08, 14:46
Well has anyone thought about summer holidays yet, we are of on our first summer holiday this year, we have booked a week at craig tara(haven) should be brilliant for the kids. I went there years ago when it was good old butlins hopefully it hasnt really changed that much. So where is everyone planning going.

Riffman
07-Mar-08, 15:14
I'm off to wales for a week. Roll on the rain!

chaz
07-Mar-08, 15:43
The kids will love craig tara, we go to dancing competitions there, my older two girls still love it,hope the little one will when she goes dancing:)
Dont think we are going far this summer , but not sure yet.
Hope you enjoy craig:) tara

johndy
07-Mar-08, 17:30
Two weeks in Fuerteventura:D

Kevin Milkins
07-Mar-08, 17:47
I'm off to wales for a week. Roll on the rain!
It never rains in Wales. Honest.lol

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 18:19
52 weeks in Spain!!!!!!! I WISH!!!

Macwull
07-Mar-08, 18:35
We went to Wales last year to Trecco Bay with Parkdean and it was brilliant we really enjoyed it there.

Planning Haggerston Castle in June hope its nice weather!

ciderally
07-Mar-08, 19:16
52 weeks in Spain!!!!!!! I WISH!!!

im going to caithness.......cant wait:lol:

catnip
07-Mar-08, 19:58
T in the Park and hopefully a long weekend at Lochloy Nairn !!
If not down to the sisters in Alness for her indoor swimming pool and her OH BBQ's !!!!!

plumber
07-Mar-08, 21:47
Going to a wedding in Cyprus in September.

balto
07-Mar-08, 21:51
I am feeling a little bit nervous to be honest if it was just me and the other half going it wouldnt be so bad but to take 3 kids on the train to glasgow is bothering me a little bit, i know some people will find this daft.

chamb
07-Mar-08, 22:56
We went to Wales once and never again, I have never seen so much rain, we left early.

This year we are not taking any chances and have booked 2 weeks in Gran Canaria, last week in June and First week in July, cana wait.

airdlass
07-Mar-08, 23:01
Orkney with a wee stop off at Tongue, Thurso and Wick:D
Can't wait:Razz

lassieinfife
07-Mar-08, 23:17
2 Weeks in turkey late July..................bring on the sun:lol:

Ricco
08-Mar-08, 09:55
Having not had a holiday in three years (my friends here on the org will remember what last summer was spent doing!) we have booked two weeks in the Azores. Sorry, guys.... I did my best at selling the delights of two weeks touring the lovely counties of North Scotland (just trying to avoid falling into the Councils trap of referring to them as the Highlands ;)). I'll try again next year... or maybe just come up on my own!

henry20
08-Mar-08, 11:00
Portugal for a week at the beginning of June, Majorca for a week at the end of June and a week in Huntly in September.

Looking forward to September holiday the most :D

young
08-Mar-08, 11:47
I am feeling a little bit nervous to be honest if it was just me and the other half going it wouldnt be so bad but to take 3 kids on the train to glasgow is bothering me a little bit, i know some people will find this daft.
myself and my two kids went on the train down to Edinburgh youngest was 14 months and the other 4. and i was a bit nervous wasnt sure how they would cope on the train for 8 hours but they were fine i took colouring books and pens and some little travel games

Moi x
08-Mar-08, 16:08
I am feeling a little bit nervous to be honest if it was just me and the other half going it wouldnt be so bad but to take 3 kids on the train to glasgow is bothering me a little bit, i know some people will find this daft.Don't let worrying about the journey spoil your holiday balto. Kids love trains.

The worst bit is from Wick/Thurso to Inverness, it gets better after that. You'll probably have to change stations in Glasgow but there are taxis and I think there's a shuttle bus. I can check if you like. It's less than an hour from Glasgow to Ayr by train.

Moi x

balto
08-Mar-08, 16:46
myself and my two kids went on the train down to Edinburgh youngest was 14 months and the other 4. and i was a bit nervous wasnt sure how they would cope on the train for 8 hours but they were fine i took colouring books and pens and some little travel gamesthanks for that, i will make sure i go armed with plenty of things to amuse the kids with but it is the youngest one that will be the hardest to amuse how did you littel one manage.

balto
08-Mar-08, 16:48
Don't let worrying about the journey spoil your holiday balto. Kids love trains.

The worst bit is from Wick/Thurso to Inverness, it gets better after that. You'll probably have to change stations in Glasgow but there are taxis and I think there's a shuttle bus. I can check if you like. It's less than an hour from Glasgow to Ayr by train.

Moi x
thanks moi i have sent you a pm.

Munro
08-Mar-08, 18:32
Going to the Highlands for the fifth time in 4 years in May, and might run into Plumber as we are going to Cyprus (Protaras) for my brothers fortieth wedding anniversay/65 fifth birthday in September.

young
09-Mar-08, 15:10
thanks for that, i will make sure i go armed with plenty of things to amuse the kids with but it is the youngest one that will be the hardest to amuse how did you littel one manage.

Hi my youngest then 14 months was fine slept from around helmsdale to Inverness then from inverness to Edinburgh she was fascinated looking out the window and colouring (scribbling) books.

Poultney lad
09-Mar-08, 22:03
Three weeks in florida cant come soon enough :D

quiteone
09-Mar-08, 22:50
im hunting for a good holiday online for 2 adults 2kids. proving difficult on a budget, anyone know any websites that do good deals???