PDA

View Full Version : Fears

balto
06-Mar-08, 22:37
just Been Thinking What Is Everyone Here On The Org Afraid Of For Me It Is Birds Hens Especially Terrified Of Them Had A Run In With One When I Lived In Thrumster Now If Any Birds Get To Close To Me I Panic Even Worse When There Is A Lot Of Them

Ricco
06-Mar-08, 22:40
I love birds. I do my best to attract as many as possible to my garden. Two years ago a goldfinch bashed into a window and I sat in a garden chair for nearlt two hours holding it in my hands until it had recovered enough to fly away. Beautiful!

balto
06-Mar-08, 22:44
i Mind When A Bird Flew Into My Kids Bedroom Through A Open Window I Had To Get My Neighbour To Come And Get It Out, I Have Even Seen Me Going Round The Road Bridge In Thurso If There Are A Lot Of Birds Sitting On The Sides Of The Footbridge They Just Scare Me

chaz
06-Mar-08, 22:50
not a lot bothers me but not keen on spiders or rats(and our stable has both on occasions)

unicorn
06-Mar-08, 22:51
cows and large animals :confused

karia
Hi Balto,

Like Ricco I love birds and enjoy watching and feeding them however on a recent holiday to The Lake District OH was feeding some ducks and a dozen gulls mobbed us. One landed on my shoulder and refused to leave...what a grip these things have.:eek:

I am not mad keen on spiders over a certain size...especially ones with long legs!:mad:

Thumper
Wasps and fishscales :eek: .....dont ask :roll: x

quiteone
06-Mar-08, 22:52
DOLLS..............they freak me out!! :lol:

Thumper
06-Mar-08, 22:54
Oops! forgot about masks they totally freak me as well! x

Kevin Milkins
06-Mar-08, 22:55
We were having a tidy up on the farm some time ago and we decided to hook a chain around an old duck house on wheels and pull it away with a tractor. We knew it was riddled with rats and had several terrier dogs ready to pounce. Three of us had welleis on and the farm manager had dealer boots on .We did not anticipate just how many rats were in there untill they were going in all directions and even the dogs went into panic mode.I climbed a near by tree and a rat run up the trouser leg of the farm manager who, fair play to him showed courage beyond beleif and stangled the rat against his thigh under his trouser. I cringe even now when I think of it and I am very pleased that vidio camares were not invented then as a roughy toughy rugby player at the time I would never live down to be shown hiding up a tree away from a rat.

karia
06-Mar-08, 22:56
Wasps and fishscales :eek: .....dont ask x

Oh yes... can't believe I forgot wasps.

That's a rational fear with me though as I am allergic to their sting and have to carry an adrenalin 'pen' with me to combat it.

Only discovered this when a wasp got between my heel and my flipflop and stung me....shudders at the memory!:mad:

percy toboggan
06-Mar-08, 22:57
Cockroaches......ugh...they make me shudder.

*Martin*
06-Mar-08, 23:00
We were having a tidy up on the farm some time ago and we decided to hook a chain around an old duck house on wheels and pull it away with a tractor. We knew it was riddled with rats and had several terrier dogs ready to pounce. Three of us had welleis on and the farm manager had dealer boots on .We did not anticipate just how many rats were in there untill they were going in all directions and even the dogs went into panic mode.I climbed a near by tree and a rat run up the trouser leg of the farm manager who, fair play to him showed courage beyond beleif and stangled the rat against his thigh under his trouser. I cringe even now when I think of it and I am very pleased that vidio camares were not invented then as a roughy toughy rugby player at the time I would never live down to be shown hiding up a tree away from a rat.

That made me cringe!

Personally I hate heights!

unicorn
06-Mar-08, 23:01
Oops! forgot about masks they totally freak me as well! x
I have a bedroom wall covered in them :lol:

Thumper
06-Mar-08, 23:03
Well I wont be coming to stayover with you then unicorn [lol] x

Kevin Milkins
06-Mar-08, 23:06
That made me cringe!

Personally I hate heights!
What made you cringe ,the rat up the trouser leg or me hiding up the tree and you hate heights.LOL:lol:nice one

Venture
06-Mar-08, 23:09
My biggest fear is needles. Had a run-in with a doctor with a large tetanus jag abroad when I was 10. Even thinking about it makes me cringe.

quiteone
06-Mar-08, 23:10
jeepers creepers il prob have nitemares about big hairy rats chasing me up trees tonite!!! i couldnt think of anything worse. (except dolls chasing me up trees) :lol:

karia
06-Mar-08, 23:12
jeepers creepers il prob have nitemares about big hairy rats chasing me up trees tonite!!! i couldnt think of anything worse. (except dolls chasing me up trees) :lol:

Don't be silly...dolls can't climb, they'd get their frocks dirty!:lol:

miranda
06-Mar-08, 23:17
... spiders!!! :eek: hate them big or small!!!! ..infact most things with more than 4 legs... :eek:

quiteone
06-Mar-08, 23:18
ud be surprised what dolls can do in nitemares.....believe me!! :lol:

Minty
06-Mar-08, 23:23
Daddylonglegs & dentists - don't know which is worst

George Brims
06-Mar-08, 23:24
just Been Thinking What Is Everyone Here On The Org Afraid Of For Me It Is Birds Hens Especially Terrified Of Them Had A Run In With One When I Lived In Thrumster Now If Any Birds Get To Close To Me I Panic Even Worse When There Is A Lot Of Them

I fear the day when everyone spells and punctuates like the above. :(

mccaugm
06-Mar-08, 23:24
No fear of needles (worked in anaesthetics) or dentists (going tomorrow) which some people find a little odd.

However forky tails and slaters freak me out along with pet birds when they are allowed out of their cages, one landed on me once and I lost the plot. [disgust]

Asked hubby and apart from spiders he is afraid of heights, cliffs etc Sort of agree with that when it comes to the Eiffel Tower as its not totally solid.:roll:

kriklah
06-Mar-08, 23:48
Anything with more than 8 legs.

Spiders I have no problem with, cochroaches were my thing to deal with when i worked in kitchens(wrapped them in a napkin then bashed the hell out of the little s before disposing of :evil), bees/wasps i live and let live........but show me a centipeded and youll see the fastest thing on 2 legs!!!!!

And really high heights, i stear clear of windows in very tall buildings.

Bobinovich
07-Mar-08, 00:12
Asked hubby and apart from spiders he is afraid of heights, cliffs etc Sort of agree with that when it comes to the Eiffel Tower as its not totally solid.:roll:

Me & your OH have those hates/phobias in common then mccaugm :confused

TBH
07-Mar-08, 00:16
i Mind When A Bird Flew Into My Kids Bedroom Through A Open Window I Had To Get My Neighbour To Come And Get It Out, I Have Even Seen Me Going Round The Road Bridge In Thurso If There Are A Lot Of Birds Sitting On The Sides Of The Footbridge They Just Scare Me I tae it you can't watch the Hitcock film "the birds", either?:lol:

the second coming
07-Mar-08, 00:16

wickers

it's called wickaphobic

:confused

KCI
07-Mar-08, 00:24
LOL - it would be easier for me to say what I'm not afraid of! :eek:

Margaret M.
07-Mar-08, 04:51
Fear of heights for me -- it doesn't have to be very high either. I have a hard time doing a flight of stairs if the steps are open and I can see below. My kids persuaded me to get on a roller coaster one time and I was too petrified to scream. I'm OK flying but I usually get an aisle seat.

balto
07-Mar-08, 08:40
I fear the day when everyone spells and punctuates like the above.
why does it matter so much, you dont like what i have written then hey dont read it. I left school a long time ago so go try and teach someone else and leave me alone.:mad::mad:

balto
07-Mar-08, 08:43
I tae it you can't watch the Hitcock film "the birds", either?:lol:noway would i watch that, there is a chap who lives near the kids school and he likes to feed the seagulls on the grass opposite his house, and i swear he waits for me everyday before he does it, i can feel every muscle tense up when he does it.

Angela
07-Mar-08, 10:00
I'm afraid of rats......:eyes.....luckily I don't see one very often! :eek:

rob16d
07-Mar-08, 10:16
I HATE the thought of dying.........it makes me SO scared and anxious! :~(