PDA

View Full Version : I.D. cards

ciderally
06-Mar-08, 13:59
i have good and bad thoughts on this....what do you think is it a good idea?

concerned resident
06-Mar-08, 16:51
just as well put all your details on the internet for all the criminals to copy, save the government losing the data. cutting out the middle man. Look at there record so far.

rob16d
06-Mar-08, 17:10
Well i think why have this when we already have forms of ID....would just mean every citizen dishing out money to pay for them....besides....security measures are nearly always able to be bypassed somehoe!

percy toboggan
06-Mar-08, 19:03
Jackie Spliff reckons we'll all have one in nine years.
I know of at least one bloke who won't - me !
I'll be darned if I'll comply with procedures to confirm my identity
when in my sixties.
This will not 'roll out' to the general populace....no government i.t. system will cope with the database...it's a total nonsense. All foreign nationals who reside here on a permanent basis or who visit for more than three months should require them....any further inclusion well...they can shove it.

p.s. ciderally - is that Crazy Horse on your avatar?

SOAC
07-Mar-08, 01:01
Half a noodle of common sence and you can discover everything you would ever need to know. We all leave 'fingerprints' - phone book, public records, careless chatter. Come to think of it why go to any trouble just ask someone in Caithness about someone else in Caithness:lol:

The media jumps on a few cases of disks etc going missing for a few weeks - but in all honestey does anyone out there know EXACTLY how many companies and individuals they are already sharing personal info with - banks, utilities, local government, national government, agencies, ebay and amazon! Can anyone really expect all their details to be safe and secure all the time?

Just add it all to passports or drivers licence - these are already fairly universal forms of ID card!:confused And whatdoyouknow that it is how they are now rehashing it anyway.

dandod
07-Mar-08, 01:07
i for one will when the time comes refuse to carry it.it it a free country just another way for the government to keep tabs on it.as for paying for the privilige they can kiss my behind.

Riffman
07-Mar-08, 15:28
There really is little hope.

They are still trying to get the national firearms database up and running, 10 years after the project started.

And that is only dealing with about a million people, not 58 million.

I currently hold 4 items that are legally recognised as proof of identity, what more do I need?

justine
07-Mar-08, 15:45
In europe you have to carry one all the time.In germany it is called a personalauswies, work permit in english, you also have a krankencasse card which tell hospitals if you have insurance for your treatment.

It works there so why not here, If you have nothing to hide thn why should you oppose.In the sence of it a driving licence is exactly that an ID card...
Me i think it should becaome law that we all carry them and to slightly change the topic(just a little) i think DNAQ should be taken at brith and given to a national database, would help cut the problems of tracking down criminals...

Riffman
07-Mar-08, 15:49
The reason is it worked in Germany is that their administration is not a bunch of blithering idiots who can lose 25million people's details in one afternoon......

Perhaps you might then understand how much of a failure the whole thing is going to be. And besides that, what purpose are they going to serve?

We have open borders, and europe has good forgers and hackers.

The information will be gone within days and the WHOLE NATION will be exposed to fraud.

justine
07-Mar-08, 15:57
The reason is it worked in Germany is that their administration is not a bunch of blithering idiots who can lose 25million people's details in one afternoon......

Perhaps you might then understand how much of a failure the whole thing is going to be. And besides that, what purpose are they going to serve?

We have open borders, and europe has good forgers and hackers.

The information will be gone within days and the WHOLE NATION will be exposed to fraud.

Yeah suppose your right never looked at it that way..They are profficeint unlike the uk....whats happening with all the lost data, dont here much about it anymore...but lost is lost.no retieval....

percy toboggan
07-Mar-08, 19:16
Yeah suppose your right never looked at it that way..They are profficeint unlike the uk....whats happening with all the lost data, dont here much about it anymore...but lost is lost.no retieval....

Copies of data have been lost...not the information itself.

ciderally
07-Mar-08, 19:46
so as far as i can see we all think its a waste of time and money....will it be put to the vote or has that already been done?

ps. percy...crazy horse would have liked it to be....

percy toboggan
07-Mar-08, 19:52
so as far as i can see we all think its a waste of time and money....will it be put to the vote or has that already been done?

ps. percy...crazy horse would have liked it to be....

It is Crazy Horse then?
Are you a fan?
Do you know about 'his' mountain?

ciderally
07-Mar-08, 20:07
hi percy...yea im into all things native american i even married one...but crazy horse mountain is a place i would love to visit..they have a web cam on http://www.crazyhorse.org/webcam.shtml if your intrested ..

percy toboggan
07-Mar-08, 23:57
hi percy...yea im into all things native american i even married one...but crazy horse mountain is a place i would love to visit..they have a web cam on http://www.crazyhorse.org/webcam.shtml (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.crazyhorse.org/webcam.shtml) if your intrested ..

I've been !
In 2000, on a chilly October morning in a thrashed Ford Mustang with the roof UP and the heater on !

I was staggered by the scale of it all.
Humbled by the motivation and thrilled with the
end product which will be immense.

"The red man had heroes too!!" to quote a Lakota chief. - fabtastic.
All four heads on Mt.Rushmore would fit inside CH mountain...ironic...and apt.

Went to Rushmore, and Little Big Horn...couldn't leave without seeing the other side.

percy toboggan
07-Mar-08, 23:59
I just had a loook at the webcam...you know it's not changed that much in eight years....an idea of the scale of the project.
Thanks for the link cider.

Rheghead
08-Mar-08, 00:12
Doh, I thought the crazyhorse reference was meant for Emlyn Hughes!:o

percy toboggan
08-Mar-08, 00:17
Doh, I thought the crazyhorse reference was meant for Emlyn Hughes!:o

God bless old enthusiastic Em...but this is summat entirely different;)

you know, I had to think about Hughesy..how long since he went? The way time flies it might be four or five years.

(Just looked - '04)

Rheghead
08-Mar-08, 00:23
God bless old enthusiastic Em...but this is summat entirely different;)

you know, I had to think about Hughesy..how long since he went? The way time flies it might be four or five years.

(Just looked - '04)

That is weird, I have just looked at his wikipedia entry and read that he played midfield for Barrow. Well every contemporary Barrovian that I have spoken to on the subject (I thought )seems to think that Barrow rejected him but Blackpool took him on?

Confused, is it a Wiki faux pas again? Or am i wrong (quite possibly)?

percy toboggan
08-Mar-08, 00:25
That is weird, I have just looked at his wikipedia entry and read that he played midfield for Barrow. Well every contemporary Barrovian that I have spoken to on the subject seems to think that Barrow rejected him but Blackpool took him on?

Confused, is it a Wiki faux pas again?

I've read his autobiography - long time ago...I'm sure he played at Holker Street.

Ricco
08-Mar-08, 09:42

Very true, Riffman. This is my only worry, otherwise I am all for the ID card and would be first in the queue.