PDA

View Full Version : Yet another brutal murder...

percy toboggan
05-Mar-08, 19:27
We seem to be hearing of these daily of late...

I confess this one had passed me by, but back in the summer a young woman stabbed thirty one times on a park bench in Richmond. London by a man on their first date! Her body was placed (I never like the alternative term) in woodland in Hertfordshire.

The man today convicted said he carried a knife because he was feeling 'suicidal' & his 'outlandish' defence was 'it fell out of my pocket and she immediately committed suicide with it'

Minutes later he's cctv'd filling up her car with petrol on her credit card - her lifeless body was crammed into the boot.

He has been sentenced to thirty years minimum but is this really enough? I wrote to a thread last night about reserving the rope for heinous killers - this was the kind I had in mind. The womans family are of course devastated.
Society is ill served by leniency in the face of such callous, cold blooded killers.

balto
05-Mar-08, 19:30
thats just as bad a the father who has been convicted of killing his four year old son and the attempted murder of his 14 year old daughter all to get back at his ex wife, dont know what the world is coming to.

percy toboggan
05-Mar-08, 19:42
thats just as bad a the father who has been convicted of killing his four year old son and the attempted murder of his 14 year old daughter all to get back at his ex wife, dont know what the world is coming to.

Of course, that's yet another. How dreadfully selfish and EVIL. I'm afraid he's another who should make aquaintance with a gibbet somewhere...we need to bear in mind that keeping these denizens alive for thirty or forty years is costing taxpayers a great deal of money...and taking up valuable prison space we could use for lesser wrongdoers.

Killers of this ilk are beyond redemption in my opinion, their sorry existencies should be terminated, their remains ground up for fertiliser, then at least some good might come of their presence amongst us.