PDA

View Full Version : Hormone Replacement Treatment..

justine
05-Mar-08, 14:28
Now we all no what this is, and some know more becuse they have been through this but what are we to do now if this is deemed more harmful in the long run.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080304/hl_nm/hormones_cancer_dc_1

BRIE
05-Mar-08, 14:51
my sister is on hormone replacement due to the effects of her radiotherapy & chemotherapy giving her an early menopause ( shes 39 )
She expressed her concerns to the consultant about the risks involved in taking the replacements & was reasured that it would have no effect whatsoever on her.The doctor told her it was only women who had gone through the menopause naturally that were at risk as they were taking something their bodies no longer needed ( hormones ) where as my sisters body needs the hormones naturally.
personally I think if the doctors know it has a greater risk they shouldnt prescribe it, they should give patients information on natural ways to reduce the symptoms of menopause first.

balto
05-Mar-08, 15:12
isnt the risk of breast cancer higher if patients dont take the hrt, there was a article on it this morning on this morning, looks to me like there are pros and cons on both sides.

justine
05-Mar-08, 15:25
isnt the risk of breast cancer higher if patients dont take the hrt, there was a article on it this morning on this morning, looks to me like there are pros and cons on both sides.

For every YING there is a Yang..............:confused