PDA

View Full Version : foreign prisoners

ciderally
05-Mar-08, 11:37
goverment to give them 3000 pounds to go home.....what next..

justine
05-Mar-08, 12:10
why is that so suprising, when the councils and gov in england have been giving foreigners whether they are prisoners or not money to do lots of things..
I moved out of a council house in england because it was unfit...given house on other side of street till it was done up...Next i know a couple from uganda were given the house with everything supplied right down to cutlery and £10.ooo plus to get them ontheir feet..Both worked in the local hsopital...
So if paying the foreigners to go home seems odd, it aint...

They should have been sent out of the country the minute they were aressted for a crime....Not given the luxury of a warm cell and a tv.They would not get that back in their own countries....

ciderally
05-Mar-08, 12:18
why is that so suprising, when the councils and gov in england have been giving foreigners whether they are prisoners or not money to do lots of things..
I moved out of a council house in england because it was unfit...given house on other side of street till it was done up...Next i know a couple from uganda were given the house with everything supplied right down to cutlery and £10.ooo plus to get them ontheir feet..Both worked in the local hsopital...
So if paying the foreigners to go home seems odd, it aint...

They should have been sent out of the country the minute they were aressted for a crime....Not given the luxury of a warm cell and a tv.They would not get that back in their own countries....
what did they do to qualify for all that dosh..there has been times in the past that i have had to claim benifits and got sod all ...getting back to the prisoners bonus ..is it not advertising to the worlds criminals..ah come to britian..get a cushi sentance and then get 3000 quid to return home..i just cant understand it...

justine
05-Mar-08, 12:25
what did they do to qualify for all that dosh..there has been times in the past that i have had to claim benifits and got sod all ...getting back to the prisoners bonus ..is it not advertising to the worlds criminals..ah come to britian..get a cushi sentance and then get 3000 quid to return home..i just cant understand it...

We dont need to advertise that, the whole world knows we are a soft touch to our prisoners......Thats why alot dont want to be deported as their own prison service is close to bottom standard.....

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:08
I think this is ridiculous!!! Why should they get paid for this?!?!

ciderally
05-Mar-08, 13:12
I think this is ridiculous!!! Why should they get paid for this?!?!
thats what im asking rob.....time for a change of goverment..and i have been labour all my life...but this is a straw to far..me thinks...

rob16d
05-Mar-08, 13:23
Time to start writing letters to Gordon Brown! I almost wrote Tony Blair!

TBH
05-Mar-08, 13:41
Apparently the scheme is only going to run for one month to get rid of as many foreign criminals as they can as it apparently costs £100 per night to keep them in a British Jail. Seems like a good trade off.

ciderally
05-Mar-08, 13:52
Apparently the scheme is only going to run for one month to get rid of as many foreign criminals as they can as it apparently costs £100 per night to keep them in a British Jail. Seems like a good trade off.
yea can see that ...but they are only turn round and come right back...but it used to be 800 quid in 2006 then last year it was put up to 1,500 quid now its up to 3000....i would like to know how much has been spent already....and any re-offenders

justine
05-Mar-08, 13:56
The madness of all this is we allow them in and we dont deport them when they first get charged. Instead of paying for them to be prosecuted maybe they could just give them a one way flight ticket, police excort onto the plane and sent out to their own country...Many brits are shoved on a plane whilst on holiday for less..........But we hold a title of being the Motherland,,adaopt anyone attitude...

balto
05-Mar-08, 15:17
i heard from someone whos sister lives in england thatin her area there was new flats being built, and because her house/flat was in such bad state of repair she asked the council if she could be put on the waiting list for one of these flats only to be told no as they were being kept for people entering our country, now i am sorry but how can the goverment ignor the state the the british people have to live in yet build brand new flats for people who come here, it is a disgrace if you ask me.

justine
05-Mar-08, 15:23
i heard from someone whos sister lives in england thatin her area there was new flats being built, and because her house/flat was in such bad state of repair she asked the council if she could be put on the waiting list for one of these flats only to be told no as they were being kept for people entering our country, now i am sorry but how can the goverment ignor the state the the british people have to live in yet build brand new flats for people who come here, it is a disgrace if you ask me.

The words of "Charity begins at home" spring to mind on this one.

But not the gov.....

.They cant be seen to lose face on this with others EU members/Non members....
Many asians in bolton were given so much money to start up businesses..They soon took over a street with numerous asian shops....Many Brits were tossed out...Theres too much in stake, financially,politically to care about the British People in general....

balto
05-Mar-08, 15:26
The words of "Charity begins at home" spring to mind on this one.

But not the gov.....

.They cant be seen to lose face on this with others EU members/Non members....
Many asians in bolton were given so much money to start up businesses..They soon took over a street with numerous asian shops....Many Brits were tossed out...Theres too much in stake, financially,politically to care about the British People in general....
aye and the way they can claim child benifit for kids that dont even live here my good our goverment is a mess really after all was it people from other countries who voted in labour, no it was us the british people so high time the goverment remembered that

justine
05-Mar-08, 15:33
aye and the way they can claim child benifit for kids that dont even live here my good our goverment is a mess really after all was it people from other countries who voted in labour, no it was us the british people so high time the goverment remembered that

The problem is now HOW do we deal with this...Housing issues have become one area of exausted conclusions. They start with one problem, try to resolve that by causing another and then they spiral..Robbing peter to pay paul...

Giving the foreigners places to live work and paying them in the meantime is a good way (in their minds) of bringing economic growth to the uk..We all know that...But bringing wealth has just conceded in a battle of minorities and power struggles.Who owns this street, that area, lets establish mini cultures in a town...Theres no hope[disgust]

But do they really consider giving prisoners a cash sum amongst all they leave and easy way out, No its an easy way to get rid of a problem.an embarrassment.....Buy your way out of Britain campain..:eek:.

P.S. i dont vote. They never listen.....

balto
05-Mar-08, 15:36
unfortunatly i did but the question is would this have happened on maggie thatchers shift.!!!

justine
05-Mar-08, 15:44
unfortunatly i did but the question is would this have happened on maggie thatchers shift.!!!

No, but then she should have left out POLL TAX....we will never know...

To many political problems in the local councils...They sit in debt and thiss is how the gov fund them.....

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-08, 21:31
Its the sytem that is fundamentaly wrong.

If the government set themselves up to be an easy target then its the way of the world that people will abuse it.

Offering them money to go away will only work in the short term as many of them will just change identity and come back.

If you live in an area where you can get nothing its only human that you will strive to go somewhere that will give you freely. :(

Again its the few abusing the system that give a bad name to those who are striving to make something of themselves and give into this society :D not all foreigners are bad news and many pay through there noses to enter this country to work hard and pay their taxes the same as you and I .

router
05-Mar-08, 21:42
they should be made to serve the time for the crimes they commited in our country,,,then sent back to their homeland with nothing whether it is unsafe or not for them to return.

Penelope Pitstop
06-Mar-08, 10:27
..is it not advertising to the worlds criminals..ah come to britian..get a cushi sentance and then get 3000 quid to return home..i just cant understand it...

That's just what I thought when I heard this latest hair brain idea from this government.[disgust]

.........reward them for their wrong doing and put them home with a wad of cash in their pocket....just not right.

Deport them ... put them home without the UK tax payers money. If it's tough for them when they get home....tough luck...they had their chance and blew it.

Yoda the flump
06-Mar-08, 10:47
P.S. i dont vote. They never listen.....

They certainly won't with that attitude. If you don't vote then accept all you get without complaining.

There are others on the org who will freely admit that they use their vote as a protest.

Why do you think Gordon Campbell locally and idiots like the BNP have gained support over the last ten years?

Kenn
06-Mar-08, 11:08
Well said Alice and Yoda good to have reasoned posts.
Yes it does often seem that the system beneifits those who would appear to deserve it least but in many cases the government's hands are tied by legislation.
With regards to monies paid to dependents, if the recipient is a citizen of The European Union then it is the law.
With regard to deprtations, beware human rights in the country of origin.
There are many factors at work here and unfortunately the media tends only to tell what they think will sell as news.

Penelope Pitstop
06-Mar-08, 13:57
but in many cases the government's hands are tied by legislation

....perhaps the government ought to think longer and harder before THEY make their legislation.........:confused

Kenn
06-Mar-08, 16:32
I quite agree Penelope but would we able to cope with a government that uses common sense. sits back and thinks the mattter through from all angles before passing legislation?