PDA

View Full Version : Fasten Your Seat Belts - Sick Bags At The Ready

brokencross
04-Mar-08, 09:03
Saw this on the news last night.
Have a watch of the video and imagine how the passengers were feeling.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article872056.ece

Bobinovich
04-Mar-08, 12:07
OMG hope my OH doesn't see this - I'm trying to persuade her that flying is the only way if she wants to go anywhere nice and hot. That will not help!

golach
04-Mar-08, 12:17
The pilot deserves a medal, what a piece of flying skill

justine
04-Mar-08, 12:27
In the conditions he was in and his knowledge of his plane he did everything right..I can image what it must have been like to sit in that plane knowing your lives were in someone elses hands.. He does desrve a madal and i hope he takes in all he dereves for saving all those passengers and crews lives. Well Done him...:D

ANNIE
04-Mar-08, 13:06
OMG seen this on tv last night. dont like flying at the best o times but i think this would put me right off but i do commend the pilot well done

Moby
07-Mar-08, 17:29
I remember a very similar landing on a really windy day on the old aircraft that flew from Orkney to Wick in the mid 1980s - not nice, especially after a night out with my Orcadian colleagues !:confused

Fran
08-Mar-08, 04:52
I watched it and felt sick, I definetly wont be able to fly this year. After watching that, another film came on showing an american marine cuddling a lovely little dog then throwing it some distance in the air, it was awful, and you can hear the poor litle thing yelping in terror. it has really upset me. Shame on the sun newspaper for showing such a terrible thing.

Geo
08-Mar-08, 14:21
Does the link make anyone else's Firefox stop responding?

lynne duncan
08-Mar-08, 17:06
saw this on the tv andquickly changed channels we're flying next week and didn't want to scare the pants off my son, but 10 out of ten to the pilot for having the skill to keep it in the air