PDA

View Full Version : Super Drug

Chardonnay
03-Nov-05, 15:47
I hear Super Drug is the third to be confirmed at Homebase site.

Dons_Lad
03-Nov-05, 16:51
That's been here for ages, just go up past Murchy!

girnigoe
04-Nov-05, 01:40
I hear Super Drug is the third to be confirmed at Homebase site.

I already said this under the heading New Retail Park in Wick. Also heard Next is coming too. YAY!! Hope their both true!!

Dons_Lad
04-Nov-05, 13:55
Pizza Hut and Howden's as well!

krieve
04-Nov-05, 18:14
There's already a howden's in thurso .

MagicalTrevor
04-Nov-05, 18:36
I heard a new nuclear power plants getting built beside homebase!!!!

pie2000
04-Nov-05, 19:41
Where is the Howdens in Thurso?

captain chaos
04-Nov-05, 19:48
Opposite W&A Geddes Thurso Branch in Ormlie Industrial estate. Been there for ages . Open to Trade account holders only

pie2000
04-Nov-05, 19:53
haha i was thinking maby they had sneakily built a big nice store like the one in inverness an i had not noticed , i forgot about that place! Why are they only open for trade customers anyway?

captain chaos
04-Nov-05, 19:57
Because Howdens are and have always been a trade only company. They supply the trade so they can compete with MFI (who own Howdens).

pie2000
04-Nov-05, 20:05
Take it is a completely different howdens company that is in inverness then (the one over on the tesco retail park)

captain chaos
04-Nov-05, 20:27
Ah yes Howdens the garden centre. Slight difference

fred
04-Nov-05, 21:14
Pizza Hut and Howden's as well!

I wouldn't bank on Pizza Hut, the proposal for planning permission said no retail food outlets.

pie2000
04-Nov-05, 21:55
Thank you Captain Chaos for clearing that up just had a thought that maby they were the same (must lay of the wine at dinner time) but hey a homebase in wick and a Howdens in thurso that would be an idea you no for competition an all!

willowbankbear
04-Nov-05, 22:06
I have it on good authority folks ,That JJB Sports are moving in here as well:D My Brother in Law is a director for this company, and he let me ken this info 6months ago. there is a big Job explosion going to happen soon and these companys want in As Wick is projected to become a boom town. So what do ye think of that folks?

Venture
05-Nov-05, 00:40
All I can say is its not before time. Trying to get clothes in this town for boys between the ages of 12-15 is a nightmare. Unless you can afford £40 for a hoodie from MacAllans. The jobs front news is brilliant but no doubt there will be people who will still be moaning about something or other. Never can understand why Wickers are so against progress. Some of us have been waiting for this kind of thing to happen for donkey's years. I say the more the merrier.

krieve
05-Nov-05, 12:13
:D not every body in wick is against this i personally am all for it. i dont understand why they are moaning about it they are stuck in the past everyone complains how there are no jobs but this will create hundreds of jobs bring it on it will also put wick back on the map.