MARCH 1ST
hi has anyone heard the old adeg. it march comes in like a lion it will go out
like a lamb?? if thats the case what was it like with you last night ?? tony

unicorn
01-Mar-08, 21:45
very lionish :eek:

anneoctober
01-Mar-08, 21:46
Yes I have, tony. The blooming animal kept me awake last night :eek: and that's NOT an easy task!! :lol:

mums angels
01-Mar-08, 21:52
well wind woke me and couldn't get back to sleep until after 4 it sounded dreadful , march was bad last year too with any luck thats it now ...lol i'm ready for the lamb .

anneoctober
01-Mar-08, 21:58
Me too mumsangels BUT hold the mint sauce.............:lol:

Yoda the flump
01-Mar-08, 22:08
Its Saint Davids Day!

anneoctober
01-Mar-08, 22:13
Its Saint Davids Day!
Perfect, Yoda - creamed leeks wi roast lamb....hhhhmmmmmmmmm:)

cuddlepop
01-Mar-08, 22:18
Here's me thinking it was just the wind that was making a racket lastnight.
It must have been that escaped lion.:lol:

telfordstar
01-Mar-08, 23:08
MARCH 1ST
hi has anyone heard the old adeg. it march comes in like a lion it will go out
like a lamb?? if thats the case what was it like with you last night ?? tony

haha had to laugh at that one my mum text me that last night and I just replyed to her saying what are yo like with your old sayings.

kas
01-Mar-08, 23:16
I forgot that saying. I was like anneoctober and kept awake half the night by the wind. Hopefully we can get some snow next week and spring will be hear by fools day.

scottishrootsbarb
02-Mar-08, 14:34
My husband and I were definitely talking about March coming in like a lion yesterday morning! Hopefully it will go out like a lamb

Where I live in Canada, March came in like a lion with a roaring snowstorm. We are on record this years as having more snow than in any of the last 45 years - Enough is Enough!

canuck
02-Mar-08, 14:40
Where I live in Canada, March came in like a lion with a roaring snowstorm. We are on record this years as having more snow than in any of the last 45 years - Enough is Enough!

Didn't I pick just the best year to move from southern Ontario to beautiful Scotland?

Here in Edinburgh, the howling of the winds and the pouring of the rain is, for the locals at least, a liony bout of March weather.

percy toboggan
02-Mar-08, 16:09
A bit windy but that''s all.
Mancunia is braced for some snow tomorrow.
An inch will cause chaos.
Thankfully, as ever, I'm close to home all day.
I shall have to re-instate the thermals though because it's gonna be chillly.

I have to say though the weather forecasters tend to over-egg the pudding...ever since the Hurricane of '87.

wifie
02-Mar-08, 19:41
Well Tigh - my mother reminds me of that one every March 1st! You all got your lion in Caithness and can look forward to the lamb. Unfortunately we will have to expect the lion in a few weeks as we had lovely weather yesterday!