PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disturbed by this?

Saveman
28-Feb-08, 12:50
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7268550.stm

Surely there must be a better way to entertain ourselves or our children.

xx_chickie
28-Feb-08, 12:53
It's absolutely mad.

Distance Lab believe it could be used to improve fitness, as a team-building exercise and even help people make new friends in another part of the country or world.

Children have enough issues to tackle in modern society never mind being encouraged to 'play beat' someone.

(Although it may be a good stress relief for hard-working adults :lol:)

Rheghead
28-Feb-08, 12:58
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/7268550.stm

Surely there must be a better way to entertain ourselves or our children.

I didn't read where it was for children.:confused

justine
28-Feb-08, 13:00
Ther eare worse thnig people could be doing with themselves than this.....:confused

honey
28-Feb-08, 13:02
i dont think its any worse than the video games that are out just now...

ciderally
28-Feb-08, 13:05
yea well lets all just practice on beating each other up...whatever next

rob16d
28-Feb-08, 14:56
It's an amazing developing piece of technology! It's gonna be brill...in fact I'm off to order one! :P

balto
28-Feb-08, 15:02
my god thats shocking how on earth can a game like this be encouraged.[evil][evil]

Saveman
28-Feb-08, 16:58
I didn't read where it was for children.:confused

I didn't read anywhere that it wasn't. :confused

Whitewater
28-Feb-08, 17:22
Thats the way we are going. There are pleanty of much more horrifying games slipping quietly onto the market without a word of protest. You only discover them when you find your children playing them.

j4bberw0ck
28-Feb-08, 17:49
Oh wow. Imagine that. A computer game involving simulated violence. Whatever next? :roll:

rob murray
28-Feb-08, 18:27
Distance Lab are wholly publically funded ! Nice to see whats been done with public ( our ) money eh ! Does this mean we can all get free copies of the programme.....

badger
28-Feb-08, 18:27
Did you see who is sponsoring it?

Organised by Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) in partnership with Skye and Lochalsh Council for Voluntary Services (SCLVO), e-Day will be held at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Skye, on 7-8 March.

That means us partly at least. I know we don't have much say in how they spend our money but this is a bit much.

Rheghead
28-Feb-08, 19:58
I didn't read anywhere that it wasn't. :confused

So whatever gave you that impression, other games in that genre are over 18 rated?

Saveman
29-Feb-08, 17:22
So whatever gave you that impression, other games in that genre are over 18 rated?

I see your point, however I've seen under 18s playing 18 rated games. Even if it is reserved for adults-only it seems that violence is increasing not only in crime but also in general popularity.