PDA

View Full Version : hooters!! oh my!!

brandy
26-Feb-08, 09:01
ok guys ... when we go on holiday later in the year.. we will be near the only hooters in the UK.. now im wondering if i should give hubby a cheap thrill and go out for a meal there!
the only prob. is we will have the kids! will they be ok in there? not worried about the scantily clad women.. but other than that is it just a normal resturant? anyone ever been? come on guys fess up!

Invader
26-Feb-08, 09:29
We went to Hooters in Florida for a meal last year.
The places are actually very familly oriented, and a fun place to visit as long as you are not offended by orange satin shorts and T-shirts.
My meal was absolutely disgusting, but the wife enjoyed hers, possibly my fault, as I tried something new just to see what it was.

How old are your kids? If one is a hormonal teenager, tell the staff that it is his birthday, or some other occaision, and at some point the girls blow a whistle, and all crowd round so you can get a photo taken with them!

All in all, I would not go again, but would reccommend it once just to see it, as Hooters is as much about entertaining the diners with the noise, bustle and shouting orders etc. as feeding them.

http://www.hooters-uk.com/

brandy
26-Feb-08, 12:28
they are 4 and 3 almost 5 and 4 though.. so its more for the fun of it than anything.. just dont want to shock and traumatise the kids if its to over the top!

ciderally
26-Feb-08, 12:41
topless i have been told....

purplerain
26-Feb-08, 12:53
I agree with Invader, been to Hooters in Florida and the food was absolutely disgusting and staff were rude, we were still eating when the girl gave us our bill and hung around till we gave her the money!! Would not recommend but UK might be better:confused

Boozeburglar
26-Feb-08, 14:16
You would have no control over how other customers may behave in front of your kids, and in my opinion it is the wrong place to be taking kids.

What next, a stripclub?

Ash
26-Feb-08, 14:33
You would have no control over how other customers may behave in front of your kids, and in my opinion it is the wrong place to be taking kids.

What next, a stripclub?

totally agree with this

teddybear1873
26-Feb-08, 14:34
Sounds like a place for adults only.

Invader
26-Feb-08, 14:36
"topless i have been told...."

Yeah, okay, don't believe everything you read in the Sun!!!

If you have been to TGI Fridays or a Hard Rock, it is no different to either of those US themed chain burger bar diners, wiith the exception that all the waiting staff are leggy girls in shorts and vests.

No nudity or anything I wouldn't let my 13 year old see, but it is just a burger bar, so don't expect to be shocked unless the average Kylie video causes you outrage!!

(and you could always buy yourself a pair of the shorts in the gift shop to give your husband a treat later!!!)

Julia
26-Feb-08, 15:10
totally agree with this

What next, a stripclub?

I completely agree, by the sounds of things it's not a place to take the kids, I just had a look at their website and I think it's probably just intended for men only!

http://www.hooters-uk.com/index.php

Margaret M.
26-Feb-08, 15:28
I have been to the Hooters here. It wouldn't be my first pick for a meal, family or otherwise, but the reason for that is more menu related. The waitresses are dressed in shorts and low cut tops -- their outfits are very similar to those worn by cheerleaders, but there is no lewd or inappropriate behaviour. I have seen more traumatising sights on the streets, including the streets of Caithness -- women who have manoeuvered their bodies into skimpy outfits and the stuff they could not get packed into their outfits is just left to hang out.

Boozeburglar
26-Feb-08, 15:40
there is no lewd or inappropriate behaviour.

With all due respect, my point was that you have no control over what two young guys at the table behind you might choose to talk about, for example.

I know two young guys could be demeaning women in any place, but Hooters whole reason d'etre, in my opinion, encourages it.

Invader
26-Feb-08, 15:49
<Begin rant>

I was in that Wetherspoons "so called" family restaurant the other day, and imagine my disgust when I noticed that the waitress was wearing a skirt which SHOWED HER ANKLES.

Food was still crap, but there is no way I would take my kids there, as there is no telling how other customers might behave at such a display.

I have even heard from others that they are open on a Sunday, and that they serve alchohol on the Lord's day.

Rumours about the town is that some of the staff do not attend church, and I for one will do all I can to discourage others from going there rather than let them find out for themselves if they like it or not.

<Rant over>

Not really sticking up for Hooters, (I didn't like it) I just think that it's a wee bit small minded to listen to rumours rather than people who have been there.

I have done many things in my time which I wouldn't do again, but at least I have experienced them for myself, and am glad to have had that experience.

Boozeburglar
26-Feb-08, 15:57
I am sure Hooters can stick up for themselves!

Been to Hooters, regrettably, as well as pole dancing/strip clubs and plenty more in various locations globally.

I go wherever my evening ends up, a stag party is a stag party.

Wetherspoons though, now that is a step too far!

Now what is this about Caithness mentality?

Some of the most out there party animals I ever met are Caithnessian!

:)

brandy
26-Feb-08, 16:06
*laughs* omg at some of the comments!
i think on the US site it is listed as family friendly..
and has a childrens menu.
thats what i was wondering if its hard rock TGIFridays like.
well what i was hoping anyway!
nope dont think i would take my kids into a strip club, they do enough of that on their own at home! *winks* cant keep my 3 year old in pants!
if its just big busted females in tight tees and short shorts like on the web page then that dosent bother me at all.. they see me in tees and shorts all the time! (if only i looked like some of those waitresses!)
hmm however the idea of the food being rubbish is a thought to ponder.
i dont know if giggling at waitresses is worth rubbish food *Grins*

superted
26-Feb-08, 16:34
I've been to many in America and also been to the one in Nottingham. Its not at all seedy and you not going to see anything you wouldn't on the high street. Its a bit of a giggle the first time you go in, and the ones in the states the girls are terrible for hanging around waiting for a tip.

The one in Nottingham shows sport on the TV and IMO has a family feel to it and I wouldn't have a problem taking my children there.

Hope this helps:D

George Brims
26-Feb-08, 18:40
topless i have been told....
You were told wrong. No topless women at Hooters. Women who would probably look good topless, yes, but they *are* covered up.

2little2late
26-Feb-08, 21:48
ok guys ... when we go on holiday later in the year.. we will be near the only hooters in the UK.. now im wondering if i should give hubby a cheap thrill and go out for a meal there!

Can't you just stay at home and give him a cheap thrill? Sure he would appreciate it more from you [lol] [lol]

brandy
26-Feb-08, 21:59
i said cheap thirll.. *Grins* im def. not cheap! just ask my husband! but as we are gonna be on holiday.. just thought it would be fun to go.. *G* but didnt know if it was a family resturaunt or a purley adult one.