PDA

View Full Version : population 9000.

cuddlepop
24-Feb-08, 17:39
Really suprised to learn that Wick has a population of over 9000 and Thurso just short of the 10 000.

Article in todays Sunday Post about the minister retiring in Wick this summer and the Thurso minister having to cover both towns.:eek:
Bettyhill hasn't had a minister for over three years and no ones even enquired about the post.

Where are all these people hiding when we come up?:confused

poppett
24-Feb-08, 17:42
At home...........on `e org like as not.

nanoo
24-Feb-08, 17:47
At home...........on `e org like as not.Hahahahahahaahhahahahaha. Love it poppett. I know i usually am.[lol]:lol:

cuddlepop
24-Feb-08, 18:09
At home...........on `e org like as not.

very sharp this afternoon Poppet,well done.:D

Seriously it just doesn't feel like there's that many people in the town.
We're just short of the 3000 in Portree and to think you've got three times the population.
They only come out after dark.;)

percy toboggan
24-Feb-08, 18:21
Perhaps I should take up the cloth in Bettyhill.
Is there a vicarage with the job?
I quite fancy a flock.

Kevin Milkins
24-Feb-08, 19:49
Really suprised to learn that Wick has a population of over 9000 and Thurso just short of the 10 000.

Article in todays Sunday Post about the minister retiring in Wick this summer and the Thurso minister having to cover both towns.:eek:
Bettyhill hasn't had a minister for over three years and no ones even enquired about the post.

Where are all these people hiding when we come up?:confused

I should think they are hiding anywhere out of the wind.
I have often thought where are all the population untill you go to Tescos on a busy day.
Just went to Sommerfield for abottle of wine and only 4 people in the shop.
Myself and 3 staff.That cant go on.

JAWS
24-Feb-08, 20:49
The Scottish Executive give the population as just slightly under those figures in both cases so they must be about right.

scorrie
24-Feb-08, 21:24
I quite fancy a flock.

No thanks ;)

TBH
24-Feb-08, 21:24
I quite fancy a flock.Seagulls or sheep?