PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 16, has second set of triplets!!!

mccaugm
22-Feb-08, 23:27
It takes a lot to shock me these days but this takes the biscuit

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080222/twl-girl-16-has-second-set-of-triplets-41f21e0_1.html

7 Children before she was 17. I feel horrified that after her first child she didn't receive some form of sex education or at least been given some form of contraception. [evil]

DeHaviLand
22-Feb-08, 23:29
She obviously didn't need the sex education, she knew perfectly well how to do it;):roll:

Sapphire2803
22-Feb-08, 23:42
She obviously didn't need the sex education, she knew perfectly well how to do it;):roll:

Boom Boom!!

I thought when I first saw the threat, that it was a girl in the UK.
Argentina! With the catholic church on the scene, I'm sure she'll have doubled that in a couple of years... poor kid.

Looby2K7
22-Feb-08, 23:44
There is a difference between sex education and knowing how to "do it"...either the girl was just pure blind to the consequences or she didnt really care...but then on the other hand it depends on the guy also..after all it takes two to tango sort of speak..ive always thot guys are keen to think its the womans responsibility to make sure she dont end up pregnant but they dont really care about that when they make a fuss of having to wear protection...i became a mother of one at 16 but motherhood came naturally to me and if this girl is anything the same then i say good luck to her and im sure she will give her kids a happy life...being a young mum these days is nothing out the ordinary, although the girls maturity will play a big part in her kids lifes.

karia
23-Feb-08, 00:02
Unfortunately this girl's mum is the sole breadwinner for the entire family and is stated as saying that she 'wanted to die' on finding out about the latest triplets.:(

unicorn
23-Feb-08, 00:12
So this girl, little more than a child herself has 7 children under the age of 3 :eek: What an absolutely nightmarish situation, a cleaners wage is not exactly enough to support a minimum of 9 people. Sterilisation sounds like a good option so the family can get a full nights sleep again sometime in the next 5 years :eek:

Looby2K7
23-Feb-08, 00:13
Then i say guys should be castrated at birth lol....although i dont really mean that cos without them i wouldnt have 5 wonderfull kids today..:confused

karia
23-Feb-08, 00:17
So this girl, little more than a child herself has 7 children under the age of 3 :eek: What an absolutely nightmarish situation, a cleaners wage is not exactly enough to support a minimum of 9 people. Sterilisation sounds like a good option so the family can get a full nights sleep again sometime in the next 5 years :eek:

Mmm..... Is it fair to thrust lifelong fertility decisions on her at that age?

I'm not the person I was at that age..are you?

unicorn
23-Feb-08, 00:21
No I certainly am not but she already has 7 children and being honest children as we all know are a huge amount of work and responsibility. Would it not at least be feasible to try to prevent her having any more through some firm of birth control then so that the children she has have a chance to grow up a little bit before the next 3 come along, she has obviously been pregnant at 14,15 and 16 if she keeps producing at this rate she will be into teens before she is out of her teens :eek: Maybe sterilisation is a bit harsh but she needs a chance to grow up and have a life of her own also.

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 00:27
I think you need to remember where she lives. Birth control? She'd have a priest round there in seconds, telling her she was going to hell!

unicorn
23-Feb-08, 00:31
I just can't imagine it is any sort of life for a young girl and I am sure her and her mother are doing their best for all the babies but it must be nearly impossible to cope with the physical, intellectual, emotional and social needs of so many small children.

Looby2K7
23-Feb-08, 00:41
I think no matter wot age you have kids at and no matter how many, the maturity and responsibilty of the carers of these kids count above all else...yes its understandable that the girl should have some sort of birth control to prevent future births but even at that once youve had children is there really any chance to have a life of your own again?? bringing a child into the world is a wonderful experience and its the kids that are gonna make the future....id like to thinkk ive brought my 5 kids up reasonably well and if one of my daughters came home pregnant for the second or third time then i would be there to support her in anyway i can.

rob16d
23-Feb-08, 00:44
Two sets of triplets!!!!

Looby2K7
23-Feb-08, 00:50
Even with two sets of triplets....at the end of the day its not the babies at fault...they are oblivious to thier world and you cannot blame them.

unicorn
23-Feb-08, 00:56
I don't think anyone has said it is the babies fault, but it as certainly far from an ideal situation.

scorrie
23-Feb-08, 01:07
Oh, come on now. People fought in two world wars so that we have the freedom of choice today. If people can be free to kill themselves with alcohol, a few bairns is nothing to get worried about.

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 01:13
Oh, come on now. People fought in two world wars so that we have the freedom of choice today. If people can be free to kill themselves with alcohol, a few bairns is nothing to get worried about.

Duck and cover!!!!

orkneylass
23-Feb-08, 11:43
How come nobody sees this girl as a child herself - what about child abuse? Where was the protection for a 14 year old 2 years ago let alone access to birth control. This is really tragic and nobody has mentioned the father's responsibilities either.

balto
23-Feb-08, 14:35
this really is a terriable story the poor girl what sort of life will she have unto all her kids are old enough to look after themselves do none of these countries know about birth control i understand they are catolic but surely even they can see what lifes these kids are going to have.

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 15:12
this really is a terriable story the poor girl what sort of life will she have unto all her kids are old enough to look after themselves do none of these countries know about birth control i understand they are catolic but surely even they can see what lifes these kids are going to have.

I can tell you're not catholic.
No, they don't care.... as such...

Birth control by any means other than abstinence or the rhythm method*... You will go to hell.

But,

Having sex outside of marriage is also a sin, so if you behave yourself, then there'll be no problems will there. :roll:

* I tried that one, played some good tunes, really got into the rhythm. Must've done it wrong somehow though, I've got 3 kids :lol:

balto
23-Feb-08, 15:17
I can tell you're not catholic.
No, they don't care.... as such...

Birth control by any means other than abstinence or the rhythm method*... You will go to hell.

But,

Having sex outside of marriage is also a sin, so if you behave yourself, then there'll be no problems will there.

* I tried that one, played some good tunes, really got into the rhythm. Must've done it wrong somehow though, I've got 3 kids now i know what happened to me played the wrong beat 3 times[lol][lol] do these countries have any sort of benifit system im sure they must have but if not these poor babies will just grow up living a life of poverty

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 15:18
There are many organisations all over the world working their little butts off trying to teach people about, sexual health, birth control etc.
In places like Argentina they do pretty well in the cities... most of the time. When they get out into rural areas, they really do have their work cut out for them though.

I mean.... if we as a society can't teach 14 year old girls with a half decent education in (for example) Leeds to keep their hand on their halfpenny or at least take precautions, then how much chance would you stand with religious Argentinians?

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 15:23
now i know what happened to me played the wrong beat 3 times[lol][lol] do these countries have any sort of benifit system im sure they must have but if not these poor babies will just grow up living a life of poverty

Lol

I don't think there is a benefit system in place, but don't quote me on that. I could very well be wrong.

From what it said in the original story, this girl is actually quite lucky. She has community support, I mean, they donated land and built her a house. Her mother may be the main bread-winner, but I imagine there are people who pop round with a casserole... or something!

There's just not really enough information there to know what to truly make of it.

balto
23-Feb-08, 15:23
There are many organisations all over the world working their little butts off trying to teach people about, sexual health, birth control etc.
In places like Argentina they do pretty well in the cities... most of the time. When they get out into rural areas, they really do have their work cut out for them though.

I mean.... if we as a society can't teach 14 year old girls with a half decent education in (for example) Leeds to keep their hand on their halfpenny or at least take precautions, then how much chance would you stand with religious Argentinians?
aye i suppose you are right, if only these young girls could see how much this would chance their lives mean i am in my early 30s with 3 kids 10,7,2 and i find it hard sometimes at my age. the schools have got it right up here my middle daughter is in p3 and they have started with the sex education it is the basic chicken, egg but it is a start.

balto
23-Feb-08, 15:26
Lol

I don't think there is a benefit system in place, but don't quote me on that. I could very well be wrong.

From what it said in the original story, this girl is actually quite lucky. She has community support, I mean, they donated land and built her a house. Her mother may be the main bread-winner, but I imagine there are people who pop round with a casserole... or something!

There's just not really enough information there to know what to truly make of it.
there is nothing better than people showing their support and rallying round to help this young girl with her babies so mayby with this kind of support she will be ok

orkneylass
23-Feb-08, 15:41
I am still amazed that everyone is blaming the morality of a 14 year old girl instead of viewing this as child abuse exploitation by the father of the babies. What a world.

balto
23-Feb-08, 15:46
do you know how old the father of these babies is and if it is even the same father, it doesnt say on the report for all we know it might be a boy the same age who doesnt really know any better so at the end of the day it all comes down to poor sex education all round

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 15:49
I am still amazed that everyone is blaming the morality of a 14 year old girl instead of viewing this as child abuse exploitation by the father of the babies. What a world.

Who's blaming her morality? Not me, that's for sure.
What has been said is that it's a shame she didn't have more information, education etc.

As to the father, he's probably the same age. How that gets classed as child abuse I don't know.

They would've gone out with each other, ended up sleeping together and when she got pregnant, he'd be expected to "do the right thing".
Not surprisingly, when she had the second set of triplets, he's scarpered.

They're kids, they probably didn't know any better and then were probably forced to become adults very suddenly. I'm sure there are thousands of teenagers in Argentina in a similar situation. Yes, it's a shame.
But, I for one certainly wouldn't start shouting abuse, especially when we have so little information.

justine
23-Feb-08, 15:54
I read about this yesterday and i cant believe it. She is nothing but a child herself and now has a family of 6 to tend to..I am glad to see that the government are helping her which is a bit more than she would have got in GOOD Old Blighty.Condemed to a life of misery is what she would have recieved here, Judgment is not a factor in a case like this...We all make mistakes and have to put up with the consenquenses. I just hope that she keeps doing such a good job and has a great time with her family....

But i do think it is madness to allow this but then who can stop it...,,Argentina have a different culture to us and i think it not fair we judge because of a different belief.
Saying all this the parents should have helped educate the child into this after the first set of were born....

DeHaviLand
23-Feb-08, 16:45

Come down from your high horse Orkneylass. A quick Google will show you that the age of consent in Argentina is 13. So, show us the child abuse and exploitation now?

orkneylass
23-Feb-08, 18:50
Come down from your high horse Orkneylass. A quick Google will show you that the age of consent in Argentina is 13. So, show us the child abuse and exploitation now?

Well in that case the only issue is her misfortune to have had triplets twice - if she had had 3 single births by the age of 16 it would not be a big story.

_Ju_
23-Feb-08, 18:56
B
Argentina! With the catholic church on the scene, I'm sure she'll have doubled that in a couple of years... poor kid.

LOL. Catholic and with abortion illegal untill last year, Portugal still had lower teenage pregnancy rates than here (and levels of sexual activity in teens are not lower there- no help at all from the state and fear of familial repercussion make the teenagers take more precautions!).

Sapphire2803
23-Feb-08, 20:59
LOL. Catholic and with abortion illegal untill last year, Portugal still had lower teenage pregnancy rates than here (and levels of sexual activity in teens are not lower there- no help at all from the state and fear of familial repercussion make the teenagers take more precautions!).

Doesn't always work that way though, check out the republic of Ireland :)

mccaugm
23-Feb-08, 22:05
I think you need to remember where she lives. Birth control? She'd have a priest round there in seconds, telling her she was going to hell!

I find Catholicism a faintly ridiculous in some of its views. You cannot have an abortion fair enough, (I disagree but thats whole other thread), they expect you to marry before having children, reasonable I guess but a bit of an outdated view. But to expect a child to have seven children is beyond the pale. If God exists, he gave humans the power of thought, therefore the power of invention. Humans invented contraception to give people choice, not to have that choice taken away by dictators(priests)[evil] who cannot, by their own choice of religion, have sex anyway.
I also agree with others in this thread who asked why after her first child was she not counselled about the obvious sexual abuse she must have suffered, if her first child was born when she was about 14.
This story is just as harrowing:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2789279.stm

Max
24-Feb-08, 12:42
I read about this yesterday and i cant believe it. She is nothing but a child herself and now has a family of 6 to tend to..I am glad to see that the government are helping her which is a bit more than she would have got in GOOD Old Blighty.Condemed to a life of misery is what she would have recieved here, Judgment is not a factor in a case like this...We all make mistakes and have to put up with the consenquenses. I just hope that she keeps doing such a good job and has a great time with her family....

Sorry, I don't understand this Justine. I know she is in Argentina however if she did live here and unless I am sadly mistaken the Government would also provide for her. I myself have never claimed benfits, however, my understanding of our system is she would be housed, given money and child allowance. I agree people would've been unfairly judgmental and as you say we all make mistakes. I know our benefits system is in need of improvement but I do think tax payers would still be expected to pay for her whether they like it or not! Don't think this country is so bad.......................?

Sapphire2803
24-Feb-08, 12:55
I find Catholicism a faintly ridiculous in some of its views. You cannot have an abortion fair enough, (I disagree but thats whole other thread), they expect you to marry before having children, reasonable I guess but a bit of an outdated view. But to expect a child to have seven children is beyond the pale. If God exists, he gave humans the power of thought, therefore the power of invention. Humans invented contraception to give people choice, not to have that choice taken away by dictators(priests)[evil] who cannot, by their own choice of religion, have sex anyway.
I also agree with others in this thread who asked why after her first child was she not counselled about the obvious sexual abuse she must have suffered, if her first child was born when she was about 14.
This story is just as harrowing:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2789279.stm

You don't need to go that far to find similar stories. Until recently you couldn't get a divorce in Ireland and there have been many cases of girls who have been raped trying to get out of the country for an abortion.
At one point you had to find the right doctor to be given any contraceptives and you won't find condoms in vending machines all over the place.

Right or wrong the age of consent in Argentina in 13. So, why would she have counselling for something that in her culture is perfectly normal?

mccaugm
24-Feb-08, 13:53
Emma, the information you pointed out, I confess to not being aware of. Strange that men are almost always the dictators of these "laws". Why do men feel they have the right to control women. So many religions decree that woman are lesser mortals than them. If it was not for women they would not be here in the first place. This makes me so angry.

It begs the question which is more morally wrong, a child brought up poverty stricken to a mother who did not want him or her or an abortion or contraceptive advice given before the pregnancy happened.

DeHaviLand
24-Feb-08, 14:35
Emma, the information you pointed out, I confess to not being aware of. Strange that men are almost always the dictators of these "laws". Why do men feel they have the right to control women. So many religions decree that woman are lesser mortals than them. If it was not for women they would not be here in the first place. This makes me so angry.

It begs the question which is more morally wrong, a child brought up poverty stricken to a mother who did not want him or her or an abortion or contraceptive advice given before the pregnancy happened.

Yet you would have been aware of it if you had read the thread before diving in feet first. Funny how you then turn the issue into a tirade against men:roll:.

mccaugm
25-Feb-08, 18:41
Yet you would have been aware of it if you had read the thread before diving in feet first. Funny how you then turn the issue into a tirade against men:roll:.

If the cap fits.....