PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything?

hereboy
29-Oct-05, 19:47
Here folks,

I've been out o e loop this past two weeks -anyone care to bring me up to speed with the juicy tidbits on this forum? Not so fussy about Heart of Midlothian, missing cats,Wick becoming the capital of Scotland's retail sector or any of that guff - but any interesting stuff that I could be persuaded to weigh in on? I feel terrible thinking that I may have missed something important.

Thanks for taking the time.

Hereboy.

DrSzin
29-Oct-05, 23:22
Hereboy,

You've missed loads. But the last couple of days have been exceptional: we had five new threads of genres never before seen in these parts, namely:
Tesco in Caithness -- 2 threads! :eek:
Missing cats
Found cats
(Bio)diesel
Jambos & HibeesThe only other never-before-seen-on-caithness.org thread that we've really missed today is one on the price of petrol in Caithness. Thank goodness for that. I would never start such a thing.

BTW in case you're wondering. I was in 2 petrol stations today and the prices for a litre of unleaded were:

Sainsburys, Straiton, Midlothian: 89.9p
Shell, Comiston Road, Edinburgh: 90.9p

Whoops :eek:

Oh yes, and then there's the everyday thread "what is your least favourite food?" That one is sooo boring. We get it every flippin' day in these parts. Is there a connection with disappearing cats? I sincerely hope not.

Fran
30-Oct-05, 00:28
Great stuff dr szin, great stuff......you would make a great reporter for e groat!!!!! :D :p

Malcolmdog
30-Oct-05, 17:31
Petrol prices, missing cats, fav. food add colloquial colour! Your community is vibrant, celebrate it. By the answers posted to the questions posed, you obviously all care about your neighbours.

Nobody in our end of the world seems to care where your cat is, or in fact that you lost it, or what you like to eat.

Only our radio stations seem to take any joy in announcing the lowest prices in fuel, which in turn sparks a stampede of cars to that particular location, which in turn causes traffic jams as the line up of waiting cars spill over onto the highways, which in turn causes accidents, which in turn causes insurance claims to rise as well as our premiums.

Sounds like a conspiracy!!

hereboy
30-Oct-05, 18:01
Cheers DrSzin...

I can sleep easy now... I can see the community has been in good hands on your watch!

You must have worked some magic too - I spotted a topic where Rheghead and Fred were agreeing with each other - WTF!!

;)