PDA

View Full Version : Hold on to your bloomers..

justine
21-Feb-08, 15:25
Just to warn you to tie down anything that can taken by the wind. We have just lost a tarpaulin, came from the back garden stuck to the front window and has now been abducted by the wind....Anyone no how fast the wind is going today,

balto
21-Feb-08, 15:59
wind seems to be picking up pace here in thurso, but it doesnt really seem that cold today

justine
21-Feb-08, 16:03
no i agree it aint cold but lets put it this way, my washing aint going on the line, well thats if i still have a line....

golach
21-Feb-08, 16:05
Just seen a beeg black communal wheelie bin hurtle along our street here, very gusty but not cold

balto
21-Feb-08, 16:07
reckon if i was to put washing out in might end up in orkney today, think i better go and but bricks on my rabbits hutches or they might be sailing across the pentland firth[lol][lol]

justine
21-Feb-08, 16:08
can you keep your eye out for a blue tarpaulin, headed off down the A9 route....

justine
21-Feb-08, 16:10
reckon if i was to put washing out in might end up in orkney today, think i better go and but bricks on my rabbits hutches or they might be sailing across the pentland firth[lol][lol]

Thats why my bunns are inside.last time it was like this they ended upside down and rabbits running freely...Well atleast if your washing gets to orkney someone might find use for your bloomers hun....

karia
21-Feb-08, 16:10
reckon if i was to put washing out in might end up in orkney today, think i better go and but bricks on my rabbits hutches or they might be sailing across the pentland firth

How do you think the rabbit islands got to be where they are?;)

balto
21-Feb-08, 16:27
aye good point[lol][lol] doubt the kids would be happy though.

Julia
21-Feb-08, 16:35
I've got my third load of washing out, it's a great day for drying.

Pity I couldn't hook up my whirly gig to the national grid, I'd make a fortune! It's fleeing round like something out of the sideshows

Raven
21-Feb-08, 17:32
Just another Caithness breeeze :-) Nothing to worry about...

orkneylass
21-Feb-08, 17:43

Pity I couldn't hook up my whirly gig to the national grid, I'd make a fortune! It's fleeing round like something out of the sideshows

We've had a force 9 to 10 forecast so if your bloomers are still on the line.....we may be seeing them soon in Orkney

karia
21-Feb-08, 17:44
Just another Caithness breeeze :-) Nothing to worry about...

Well it's a bloomin' far reaching one because my garden keeps flying past the window horizontally.... and I'm in central Scotland!:lol:

nanoo
21-Feb-08, 17:58

Pity I couldn't hook up my whirly gig to the national grid, I'd make a fortune! It's fleeing round like something out of the sideshowsQuestion is though Julia, did you bring in loads 1 and 2? Hahahahahaha[lol]:lol:

MadPict
21-Feb-08, 17:58
We have just lost a tarpaulin...

Think I just spotted it heading out over the Channel.....

justine
21-Feb-08, 18:45
Think I just spotted it heading out over the Channel.....

Well if anyone is trapped on a deserted island with no boat they atleast can ave shelter...........

floyed
21-Feb-08, 18:48
The wind seems to have picked up quite a bit the last hour or so.

Highland Laddie
21-Feb-08, 19:19
Average speed about 38mph
gusting to 52mph

johndh
21-Feb-08, 19:28
Wick airport had a gust of 61mph around 5pm.

Tugmistress
21-Feb-08, 19:34
Just in from work, the ferry has cancelled tonights sailing,
max gust 60.3mph at 17;09, max gust last hour 58.8mph at 18;20

Didn't post a warning as the charts led me to believe gusts to about 50mph which is nothing up here, though going by this today there is a short spell about tomorrow lunch which will be a little windier according to those charts.

sorry if i let you down.

Fran
22-Feb-08, 02:33
after being there for 15 years, all my ivy has blown off the wall, so it must have been really windy today. we have had worse so dont know how the ivy all collapsed like that. must look for a gardener to cut it all up and bin it so i can get out of the front door!!

rob16d
22-Feb-08, 12:21
My mate texted me and said their greenhouse just got "killed by the wind"! Haha! That's a shame.....I'm off to catch a bus in ten mins....hope I (or the bus!) don't get blown away off to Shetland!