PDA

View Full Version : Old School Records

hoadster
14-Feb-08, 09:28
Can anyone help with a site to research old school records for around 1921.Trying to find out where my grandmother went to school. She was born in Keiss, 1911, Charlotte Service.

Dusty
14-Feb-08, 11:34
hoadster,

Saw the post on the general section requesting info. prior to your arrival.

If you contact the North Highland Archive at Wick Library, north.highlandarchive@highland.gov.uk and request that they do a search for the information you require, they will have it for you when you arrive or will send it out to you before hand, time permitting and assuming they find something.

I have always found them to be very helpful in the past and they have unearthed a great deal for me.

There is of course a charge for this service but I don't know what it would be currently.

I would also recommend having a look at the Genealogy "Sticky" at the top of the section, there is a wealth of info. there.

Also, if you were to state on the forum what you were looking for in terms of houses etc. I am sure that someone on the Org. would be able to help. There are some very knowlegeable people on the Org. and they are also very helpful to others.

I hope that you find what you are looking for and that you enjoy your visit to Caithness.

hoadster
18-Feb-08, 07:52
Dusty

Thanks for that. I'm a Homer fan as well.

I will contact north.highlandarchive@highland.gov.uk and see what eventuates.

Info from the remaining familiy members here is scant, at best. It would be nice to see where she lived, if still there and also where she went to school.

Her father's name is George Service and mother Jessie Service(Gunn).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tricia
18-Feb-08, 12:30
Old School records:
Anyone with Dunnet School
I have pupil photos 1910 1924 1926-7 1936
Robert Moir schoolmaster was brother of my g'father Daniel More.
NB: Yes Robert was known as Moir although should be More. Parents James More(JMP Fishcurers) & Christina Campbell.

Some of these photos are I believe also on this website(courtesy of Sheila Moir-not related).

If anyone has any photos taken at Achow Swiney school c1870s - 1907 I would love copy. My William Campbell was school master.

Tricia