PDA

View Full Version : Junk email

scaraben
13-Feb-08, 17:55
I find that email from my friend is NOT ariving in my IN box, but in the JUNK box. How do I correct this ? My PC has Vista home as its operating programme.

matelot79
13-Feb-08, 18:36
In windows mail if you go to tools at the top you will find Junk E-Mail options. Then click on the safe senders tab you can add email addresses to it, that will not be treated as junk or there is a option at the bottom that says automatically add people I e-mail to the safe senders list. Hope this helps.

Bobinovich
13-Feb-08, 21:54
What e-mail program are you using - if it's Outlook Express then it doesn't have the same option that Matelot has indicated, however Windows Mail (which is very similar) can be downloaded from the Microsoft website here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba346005-45f6-4d14-a7dc-51e13d11a950&DisplayLang=en)

It is very straightforward to download and install, and should import all your mail, accounts and addresses from Outlook Express.

matelot79
14-Feb-08, 00:27
I don't think that outlook express is an option in Windows Vista, Just trying to give the easiest option but there could be a question of other anti-spam software that may conflict with windows mail settings.

Bobinovich
14-Feb-08, 10:49
D'Oh - my apologies, I totally overlooked that Scaraben was running Vista.

badger
16-Feb-08, 12:25
Bob - sounds as if Windows Mail might be better than OE if it has an option to filter out Junk mail. Is it worth switching for those like me who have XP but still use OE? Are there any disadvantages you know of?

Just realised Windows Mail is not available for XP. Ignore me !

Bobinovich
16-Feb-08, 18:06
Windows Mail IS available for XP (SP2 anyway, which most XP users should be on by now) - it can be downloaded here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba346005-45f6-4d14-a7dc-51e13d11a950&DisplayLang=en).

It does appear to be better than OE in many ways - for Junk mail, Hotmail/Yahoo accounts, etc. - and is just as easy to use.

I've installed it for a customer recently - specifically because they have numerous accounts, including a Hotmail one, and wanted all mails stored in separate areas by account, rather than all in one Inbox. So far they're very happy with it so I might even give it a try myself :D.

embow
17-Feb-08, 01:23
Been running Windows Mail on Vista since last July and in conjunction with BT Yahoo. Never a problem and hardly an ounce of spam/junk to be bothered with.