PDA

View Full Version : MacDonald/Sutherland

macd
31-Jan-08, 12:10
Hi I am trying to trace family history for Alexander MacDonald married Joan Sutherland prbably mid 1800s. I know they had a son John Alexander MacDonald married Catherine Bruce Finlayson from mey Thurso 1921 at Canisbay they are my grandparents. Thanks all John

debimac
23-Feb-08, 21:56
my father inlaw was Donald macdonald.I know his father was Alexander Macdonald born 17th of April 1893. As far as i know my father inlaw was born and raised in Wick.

macd
25-Feb-08, 19:34
debimac My Grandfather John Alexander MacDonald was born 31 Aughust 1890 In Edinburgh so it looks like a mismatch. Thanks anyway. MacD

ronald paul mac donald
14-Apr-08, 22:55
Hi I am trying to trace family history for Alexander MacDonald married Joan Sutherland prbably mid 1800s. I know they had a son John Alexander MacDonald married Catherine Bruce Finlayson from mey Thurso 1921 at Canisbay they are my grandparents. Thanks all John

I think this is the wrong path but for your info.
John Mac Donald born around 1753 in achscoraclate married barbara gordon daughter of gordon and isabella sutherland. One of his sons my forefather Alexander was born 12 sep1800 baptized in Halkirk witnesses were David Waters & Alex Mac Donald died 1870 in Surinam. We are searching,to begin with for the parents of John Mac Donald born(1753)