PDA

View Full Version : Storm At Wick

Scout
22-Jan-08, 08:56
Not sure what the Castle is called? http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/michael29s/storm3.jpg

Lolabelle
22-Jan-08, 09:14
Wow!!!

That is one awesome photo, Scout.
Well done, you've inspired me to get out and about with my camera.

Scout
22-Jan-08, 09:26
Thank you for saying that. There is so much to take in Caithness you need never to go far

honey
23-Jan-08, 16:02
that is a fantastic picture! Im so jealous of the talent on this forum, i cant even take a nice pics of the kids without chopping their heads of!:lol:

Bobinovich
23-Jan-08, 17:09
That lightning must surely be added later Scout? The chances of catching a fork of lightning like that must be millions to one.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

nanoo
23-Jan-08, 17:39
Oooowwww, fantastic, i'm speechless. What an awsome photograph, the drama of it all. We have, the cruel sea,the remnents of an old castle, the rugged rocks on the coastline and to top all that off we have the lightning strike. All i can say Scout is, very well done you clever person you. Thank you for sharing it. ;)

Riffman
23-Jan-08, 18:06
Nice try, but too obvious. When cloning you need to make sure that the colours are removed.

Blue lightning in a black and white picture? I don't think so.

100% Fake folks, so save your praise.

Scout
23-Jan-08, 20:17
I am pleased you like the photo :) Well I am not going to tell you if it is real or not I just say prove it :D

sphinx
24-Jan-08, 01:09
cool pic man!!!!!!!

Dog-eared
24-Jan-08, 01:37
It's Old Keiss Castle, behind the newish white one, just North of Keiss.
Easy walk from Keiss harbour, an interesting place for photos in itself.

Riffman
25-Jan-08, 16:26
Well check the photo properties reveals that is was created in Photoshop CS, so it has certainly been edited.

:D

Scout
25-Jan-08, 17:32
Yes I changed from color to black and white that and could of corrected lighting etc but does not mean I put anything other then that :lol:

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-08, 20:00
If you use the import option with a Windows Image Acquisition supported device in CS2 it will mark the file as created in CS2, but does not necessarily mean you edited it.

Saying that, I totally agree this is a 'funny' photo! If you want to pull the wool over the eyes of the viewer try more subtlety!

Seabird
25-Jan-08, 20:28
The Photo section has changed since it was first set up.
We used to get pictures of Caithness and pics of areas of interest and lots of pics taken by local people who posted pics of what they saw.
Now this is slowly being eroded by artistic Photography where you get pics of well known locations edited by computer to reflect what the photographer
wants to see and not what he saw.
Nothing wrong with artistic photography providing it is stated as such.

Boozeburglar
25-Jan-08, 23:07
The Photo section has changed since it was first set up.
We used to get pictures of Caithness and pics of areas of interest and lots of pics taken by local people who posted pics of what they saw.
Now this is slowly being eroded by artistic Photography where you get pics of well known locations edited by computer to reflect what the photographer
wants to see and not what he saw.
Nothing wrong with artistic photography providing it is stated as such.

You may not intend it, but 'eroded' sounds a bit negative to me.

Perhaps I would have suggested that the Photo section has 'expanded to include' or 'diversified'.

Should textual posts be limited to fact only?

Where it is not obviously a manipulation I agree.

Scout, fess up!

:)

percy toboggan
26-Jan-08, 15:10
Surely the photo is a good one without the lightning.
I think most people would immediately suspect it had been doctored.
Theres nothing wrong with manipulating an image so long as one does not try to fob people off and claim it's genuine.
This is a good shot in my opinion but will always be second division because it's digitally enhanced.

Deemac
27-Jan-08, 04:29
Chaps, I feel we have lost the plot slightly.

Photographers have always been altering reality. Be it in a computer, or a real dark room or directly in the camera itself. Altering exposure time, aperture, filters, lenses etc. Have any of you been in a real dark room and developed your own shots? It's a real eye opener (and art) on how you can manipulate an image. Computers just keep your hands from getting wet and give you infinite control and endless variations. So why the snobbery vibe?

It should be simply down to - do you like the image or not! Purley personal taste (which will be differnet for every person).

The image is obviously faked - so what. The more variety here the better I say.:Razz

percy toboggan
27-Jan-08, 09:56
more a purist 'vibe' than snobbery I'd say....you may think those one in the same - I don't.

I'm new to this section of the board though and as a relative novice will keep my mouth shut.

Raven
27-Jan-08, 22:58
I think you should have probably posted this one in fun with photos. :-)
I do agree with Deemac, the more variety the better!!