PDA

View Full Version : driving lessons

jay
13-Oct-05, 09:45
I seem to remember a few months ago a new driving instructor starting up in the area - does anyone know a phone number for him and how good he is?

Geo
13-Oct-05, 12:57
Phoenix Driving School
07766 448125 or 07986 067787

Happy to recommend.

You can have your lesson video taped as well if you bring a tape along. :-)

sandie
14-Oct-05, 21:58
hey how did you get on finding a driving instructor
i dont supose you know anyone who does motoring school?

smith2585
18-Oct-05, 00:40
i would highly recommend francis dunnett
lives in wick but comes to thurso every thursday

jay
18-Oct-05, 08:17
I'm looking for someone who may be willing to do 2 or 3 sessions of about 5 hours to get through the test quickly - so haven't got very far yet

sandie
18-Oct-05, 14:48
lol where about are you from?
i thought all driving instructors had to take you out the whole day and why do you need it so fast?

i have looked in the phone book and there are alot off places in there why dont you try it?
good luck

smith2585
does that lady take motoring or just cars?

jay
18-Oct-05, 15:24
from Thurso

problem getting time to take lessons but a weeks holiday coming up so trying to get as many lessons as possible in the week - all driving schools in this area that I've tried have a waiting list for lessons and certainly cannot take block bookings so I thought I might try the new guy in the hope that his books were not ful yet - haven't managed to speak to him yet tho but will try again

lasher
18-Oct-05, 16:05
lol where about are you from?
i thought all driving instructors had to take you out the whole day and why do you need it so fast?

i have looked in the phone book and there are alot off places in there why dont you try it?
good luck

smith2585
does that lady take motoring or just cars?

Driving lessons are usually an hour long, well used to be anyway.
What do you mean by motoring school as opposed to driving instructor?
Francis Dunnett is a bloke.

brandy
18-Oct-05, 16:20
there us an advanced class in inverness
you go for a week of intensive training
costs a bit but if your looking for just a weeks worth of training then your tests thats your best bet

sandie
21-Oct-05, 19:41
its a motor biking instructor and i am looking for about a days learning

Doleve
22-Oct-05, 19:21
David Bremner from thrumster does motorbike lessons, he normally does cbts on a sat and sun and they take the day up, but if you ask he probably does full day lessons too.

sandie
24-Oct-05, 11:04
hi i have just read your reply do you know how much it costs and when he will be available

Doleve
24-Oct-05, 13:31
You would need to phone him to find out, its been years since i did my CBT, lessons and full test!So i have no idea of current prices. You can find his number in the phone book.

sandie
25-Oct-05, 12:54
ok thank you very much

William
26-Oct-05, 00:01
hi i have just read your reply do you know how much it costs and when he will be available

You will have to book it but it is £110 pounds if you have a bike and £120 if you don't, that is for your CBT with David Bremner.

The CBT will last all day and he will teach you everything you will need to know and show you what to do even if you have never been on a bike before. then he will get you to do manovers and stuff on the bike then after all that a drive around with him following and you will have a speaker in your ear and he will tell you what to do.

sandie
26-Oct-05, 11:57
hi william what is manovers?
have you got a number for him please?

William
26-Oct-05, 23:58
hi william what is manovers?
have you got a number for him please?

oh dear, manovers are basically him telling you how to move the bike and control it i guess.

01955 651 317

sandie
27-Oct-05, 18:42
thanks

so is he any good or what see if you accidently did'nt do what he told you to do will you fail or will you pass it anyway?
see going in and out off them cones is it hard?

William
27-Oct-05, 18:47
If you don't worry about it and take your time it will be ok.

It is NOT a test so you can't fail he might (if he does not think you are confident or safe enough) not give you the certificate but he will help you out untill you are ready for it.

just listen and do as you are told and everything will be fine, if you are unsure of anything then ask that is why he is there.

sandie
27-Oct-05, 19:11
yeah surpose but am just scared incase i smash the bike or summit lol then what do i do then lol?

William
27-Oct-05, 19:13
just like riding a bike you just don't have to pedal

sandie
27-Oct-05, 19:16
really is that all its like lol

sandie
27-Oct-05, 19:23
so do you think i will pass or fail?????

William
27-Oct-05, 22:45
Omg!!!! how many times it is NOT a test!!!

it is just to teach you how to use a bike on the road safely with out injuring your self or others.

sandie
28-Oct-05, 10:39
ok calm dwn lol ok get you now

Sketch
31-Oct-05, 13:36
Hi guys
sorry for not getting back to you been a bit busy!

Just thought you would like to know I do have accelarated courses which contain 5 and 8 hour driving lessons completed in one day. Also for those asking about Thurso I am able to do lessons there but please bare in mind I am new to this area and still getting used to it! so i may get you lost a few times!!! :lol: Most of my work is in wick. :eek:

You can give me a ring for more details on 07986 067787