PDA

View Full Version : Personality tests

Ricco
17-Jan-08, 08:44
Have any of you ever been stopped by one of those people bearing clipboards and asking if would like a free personality evaluation? If you go they then trap you in a pressure sales pitch to buy some books. When I was at university there used to be a bunch of them waiting at the town hall bus stop to catch students as they got off the bus.

One of them stopped me once so I looked her straight in the eye and commented on what beautiful green eyes she had - left her completely gob-smacked at the bus stop! :D

Cattach
17-Jan-08, 10:18
Have any of you ever been stopped by one of those people bearing clipboards and asking if would like a free personality evaluation? If you go they then trap you in a pressure sales pitch to buy some books. When I was at university there used to be a bunch of them waiting at the town hall bus stop to catch students as they got off the bus.

One of them stopped me once so I looked her straight in the eye and commented on what beautiful green eyes she had - left her completely gob-smacked at the bus stop! :D

Nowadays I let them go on and on and then I dismiss them. Same with telephone sales, let them do the full sales pitch and then say no, even let a visit from a kitchen seller and let him know on the doorstep you are not interested. Not everyone has the time but it fair annoys them when you do this.

sassylass
17-Jan-08, 16:20
I figure they're just doing their job, so I tell them straight off that I'm not interested. Saves us both time and energy.

unicorn
17-Jan-08, 16:26
I recently got a call that started with a sales pitch so I immediately said I am not interested, the guy got really rude on the phone demanding to know how I could not be interested when I didn't know what he was selling. I went on to tell him that when I need something I go and look for it myself and as I had not contacted him for anything I was not interested, I eventually had to hang up as he was so aggressive :eek:

Torvaig
17-Jan-08, 17:18

Personality? I just tell them I don't have one!:eek:

lady penelope
17-Jan-08, 20:05
Any cold calling or clipboard people I tell them I'm busy.I usually am anyway. If they don't take the hint I tell them to get stuffed, but politely ;)

wifie
17-Jan-08, 20:27
Lol Ricco - what a sweet talker! Maybe you made her day too!

WeeBurd
17-Jan-08, 20:57
I recently got a call that started with a sales pitch so I immediately said I am not interested, the guy got really rude on the phone demanding to know how I could not be interested when I didn't know what he was selling. I went on to tell him that when I need something I go and look for it myself and as I had not contacted him for anything I was not interested, I eventually had to hang up as he was so aggressive

I think that must have been the same fella that called me too, Unicorn, in the last week or so. He started his speil, and (when I could find a break in his speech!) I very politely said " I appreciate you taking the time to call, but to be honest I'm not interested in what you're pitching me, thanks anyway", and I got a similar rude response. I went on to say I didn't wish to take his call right now (still very politely), and he then asked "Well, why do you have a phone then?". Can you imagine how boiling my blood is at this point? He eventually hung up on me whilst I was launching into him :eek:.

I try to be polite as I too appreciate they are only doing their job, and most are fine when you say you're not interested. But the cheeky ones - gggrrrrrrr![evil]

Yoda the flump
17-Jan-08, 20:58
Nowadays I let them go on and on and then I dismiss them. Same with telephone sales, let them do the full sales pitch and then say no, even let a visit from a kitchen seller and let him know on the doorstep you are not interested. Not everyone has the time but it fair annoys them when you do this.

I tend to do the same, had a call several months ago and the guy at the other end finally asked for my name, I gave him Homer Simpson hoping he would take the hint............I have since had several calls asking to speak to a Mr H Simpson.....???????

northener
17-Jan-08, 21:34
Personality? I just tell them I don't have one!:eek:

Dammit Torvaig, I wanted to say that!

If you get accosted in the street, try nodding your head vigorously whilst laughing at the top of your voice and drooling. Works for me.

Lolabelle
17-Jan-08, 23:00
One of them stopped me once so I looked her straight in the eye and commented on what beautiful green eyes she had - left her completely gob-smacked at the bus stop!

What a smoothie you are Ricco ;) [lol]

miranda
17-Jan-08, 23:07
when i get calls i wait to see what there selling then tell them that if they can beat my price then ill think about it..i then go on to say thats what my husband/ brother / whomevers occupation is ..they dont hang around long ..lol:D

Big Jean
17-Jan-08, 23:09
What a smoothie you are Ricco ;) [lol]

Well said Lolabelle !
I agree. You wouldn't hear nice words like that very often these days .
I'm just as curt as the next I'm afraid .