PDA

View Full Version : Spray Tanning

smee
16-Jan-08, 13:36
Has anyone out there had a spray tan before?

I am a religious follower of self applied fake tan however one of my friends recently convinced me to have a Spray tan, after she tried TanZ mobile spray tanning service. Her tan looked really healthy and natural and had it applied in her own home. I was a bit dubious but she told me that the girl who does it has a portable cubicle and extractor fan therefore does not get onto your carpet/furniture,etc. Has anyone else used TanZ and if so what were the results like?

I've also shopped around and found that some of the beauty salons in the town (Wick & Thurso) do St. Tropez tanning however they recommend you have 2 applications to get the best results. Has anyone else had this type of tan and if so, what did it turn out like? I also think that to have 2 applications is a bit of an inconvience and quite costly however if it works then I'd consider it.

Your suggestions please.

Hibeechick
16-Jan-08, 14:07
I get Katrina in Tan 2 Glo in Wick to do my spray tan. She uses fake bake. I think its great! There are different shades aswell so you don't have to be really dark. Ive never done my own tan since I started getting the fake bake sprays.

Would definitely recommend her.

EDDIE
16-Jan-08, 20:10
if u have never had it done before go for a very light tan colour for ure first time.

nicnic74
22-Jan-08, 19:47
Tanz is a very good service, tan came out really nice, it was my first time getting one done & it was great that Joan came to my house to do it as i wouldnt go to a tanning shop to get it done & she is very reasonably priced
well worth getting her to do your tan especially as it's getting done in the comfort of your own home.
She is also magic at doin make up as iv had mine done on quiete a few occasions last year when i was going to weddings & she is going to be doing my make up & my spray tan for my wedding in oct.

lesleymclean82
25-Jan-08, 18:14
I got a spray tan done before xmas at Tan 2 Glo Bank Row in Wick, I was really delighted with it!

nicnic74
25-Jan-08, 19:21
But would it not be better getting it done in the privacy of your own home as it is only the person that is doin your tan that is seeing you, & not every tom dick & harry coming in & out of the shop that is seeing you.
I ken id rather get it done in my home, as iv found sometimes people look there noses down at you in some of the places & speak about you to their staff as soon as your out the door.

Hibeechick
26-Jan-08, 11:55
But would it not be better getting it done in the privacy of your own home as it is only the person that is doin your tan that is seeing you, & not every tom dick & harry coming in & out of the shop that is seeing you.
I ken id rather get it done in my home, as iv found sometimes people look there noses down at you in some of the places & speak about you to their staff as soon as your out the door.

No one else is seeing you! Apart from going in and then coming out. She has a private area where she has the booth and does the sprays, the door even has a lock.

eminia
26-Jan-08, 19:05
Not eveyone talks about people when they leave a shop I,m sure they have better things to do and really appreciate the the fact you have chosen their business

nicnic74
27-Jan-08, 03:40
Well am sorry if you dont agree, this is a site for everybody to brace their feelings on certain topics,& that is mine, when u get ur tan done in your own home, i think it's magic as soon as its done you can jump intoo ur chammies ( U CANNOT DO THAT IF U GO TO A SALON) so all i can say to tanz thumbs up coz thur absaloulty brilliant

catnip
27-Jan-08, 14:16
I got a spray tan done before xmas at Tan 2 Glo Bank Row in Wick, I was really delighted with it!

I won a voucher for that place. Does it dye your clothes and does it stink like other fake tanning stuff?

smee
29-Jan-08, 13:58
Decided to bite the bullet and book a spray tan with Jo from TanZ. It turned out brilliant!! I am well delighted with the colour. And there was no mess left afterwards as I was worried about. She has a pop up cubicle with an extractor fan which contains and extracts, any excess spray and the whole thing was done in 10 minutes! Plus there are different tones of solution which she matches to suit your own skin.

Jo is a lovely girl too and I would definately recommend her service. I'm so impressed that I've already booked my tan for a wedding in June.

Thumbs up for TanZ!!

wickchick
07-Feb-08, 15:01
How much is it per tan and how exactly does it work?

johnlc
07-Feb-08, 22:09
i agree with hibeechick,i go there to get my fake bake tan and it is brilliant,i even got it the day before my wedding and wasnt worried 1 bit if incase it didnt work out rite because i knew it would because katrina is really good at it

smee
10-Feb-08, 22:36
Jo from TanZ charges £15 for a half body and £20 for a full body tan, although I've booked a tanning party as I get will get it free for inviting 5 guests.

She gave me a pre tan consulation with advice on how to prepare for my tan and on the night, set up her equipment and spray tan tent in my bedroom. The application took 10 - 15 mins and then she packed up and gave me after advice.

The next day I had a shower and I was delighted with the colour.

Hope this helps

wickchick
11-Feb-08, 16:13
Yeah thanks

philupmaboug
11-Feb-08, 18:52
Jo's number is 07881650093.

rob16d
21-Feb-08, 09:12
Hehe! I'm glad you found someone who gives a good service!

scottishbird1890
22-Feb-08, 13:57
This is Katrina from Tan2Glo. I thought I would post a comment to clear up any misconceptions about spray tanning. Tan 2 Glo offers FAKE BAKE spray tans. It comes in 2 different colours regular and darker to suit the individual. You can get half and full body tans, tailored to suit your needs. FAKE BAKE only requires one spray to achieve the desired effect. Spraying is carried out in the privacy of ventilated spray booth in a private room with a locked door. I would also like to stress that I would never dream of speaking about any of my clients to anyone else. Its completely confidential its just a shame that a few individuals who are obviously unprofessional get everyone stereotyped. Also where Tan2Glo is situated there are no houses or main roads for anyone to see you coming in or out. Its also really important that clinets get a consultation to provide information on skin preparation to ensure the best out of their treatment. Evry tanning solution whether it be st tropez or fake bake looks different on everyone and its up to individual choice which you prefer. IF you fancy trying out FAKE BAKE then you can telephone 01955603386 after 4pm and arrange to come in for a consulation or pop in to 43 Bank Row, Wick.

chaz
03-Jun-08, 19:33
Has anyone out there had a spray tan before?

I am a religious follower of self applied fake tan however one of my friends recently convinced me to have a Spray tan, after she tried TanZ mobile spray tanning service. Her tan looked really healthy and natural and had it applied in her own home. I was a bit dubious but she told me that the girl who does it has a portable cubicle and extractor fan therefore does not get onto your carpet/furniture,etc. Has anyone else used TanZ and if so what were the results like?

I've also shopped around and found that some of the beauty salons in the town (Wick & Thurso) do St. Tropez tanning however they recommend you have 2 applications to get the best results. Has anyone else had this type of tan and if so, what did it turn out like? I also think that to have 2 applications is a bit of an inconvience and quite costly however if it works then I'd consider it.

Your suggestions please.

HI,
My daughter had a spray tan done by Jo from TanZ tonight, Jo is brilliant,very pleasant and we are delighted with my daughters tan.It still needs to develop but the whole experiance was amazing and will be going again soon.Highly recomend :)

Margaret M.
04-Jun-08, 02:59
For how long does the spray tan last?

chaz
04-Jun-08, 07:55
For how long does the spray tan last?

Well the tan is now developed and is really natural in appearance,delighted with it :) My daughter is going to get her tan topped up weekly hopefully as she needs it for dancing,unsure how long it lasts will report on here with an update how it goes. Really pleased Jo is brilliant to deal with and so helpfull :)
Highly recomended to anyone who wants a tan.

spiggie
04-Jun-08, 16:48
ive had it done by tanz, turned out quite well, apart from my legs.

Ive just bought a new fake tan called xen-tan. It uses olive undertones instead of orange so theres no danger of you turning out like an umpalumpa! It smells delicious aswell :)

chaz
04-Jun-08, 18:05
We have used almost every tan avaliable over the last 9 years,the last we used was tescos tan,applied properly its very good.Still doesnt beat my daughters tan she got from Jo, and for dancing they have to be perfect(not orange)
Can recomend Tescos tan if applied well, we had years of practice with two dancers,now 3 !

telfordstar
05-Jun-08, 21:15
This is Katrina from Tan2Glo. I thought I would post a comment to clear up any misconceptions about spray tanning. Tan 2 Glo offers FAKE BAKE spray tans. It comes in 2 different colours regular and darker to suit the individual. You can get half and full body tans, tailored to suit your needs. FAKE BAKE only requires one spray to achieve the desired effect. Spraying is carried out in the privacy of ventilated spray booth in a private room with a locked door. I would also like to stress that I would never dream of speaking about any of my clients to anyone else. Its completely confidential its just a shame that a few individuals who are obviously unprofessional get everyone stereotyped. Also where Tan2Glo is situated there are no houses or main roads for anyone to see you coming in or out. Its also really important that clinets get a consultation to provide information on skin preparation to ensure the best out of their treatment. Evry tanning solution whether it be st tropez or fake bake looks different on everyone and its up to individual choice which you prefer. IF you fancy trying out FAKE BAKE then you can telephone 01955603386 after 4pm and arrange to come in for a consulation or pop in to 43 Bank Row, Wick.

Hi i am interested in this fake bake how does it get applied is it by someone or in a booth as im a bit shy. How much does it cost

thanks

alice
10-Jun-08, 14:15
I have had the fake bake tan done twice by Katrina in Tan2GLO and have been absolutely delighted with them, so much so Im going back this week for another and then getting it topped up next week for a wedding.

It is done in a booth by Katrina and I have always found it very private.