PDA

View Full Version : John William Mackay/Janet Campbell

Nicki Mackay
14-Jan-08, 19:56
I am trying to find some more information on John William Mackay and Janet Mackay (ms Campbell). They were married on 27/2/1807. Born about 1782. Janet died 9/5/1878. Her parents were Andrew Campbell and Janet Mackay. John and Janet had the following children Andrew, Mary, William and Hugh, that I know of.

pamela fayle
21-Jan-08, 01:54
Nicki,
have sent you this info already but thought I would post it here too in case it triggers anyone else..John WIlliam and Janet had a son Andrew Mackay who was born at Skerray on 11 November 1826 and married Margaret Macpherson on 1 January 1858 in Tongue Free Church at Strathtongue. Will see if I can find out some more on John William and Janet and will post it here..

pamela fayle
21-Jan-08, 02:13
Nick,
John and Janet were married in Halkirk and the registration says he was from Lamsdale (in Reay parish near Halkirk) and she was from Leurary, also near Halkirk. The only birth I can find in the area that might have been John is a John Mackay born 4 October 1785 in Halkirk to John Mackay and Ann Henderson. This could be him but hard to be sure... will keep searching.

Nicki Mackay
22-Jan-08, 14:43
Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the information. I found a marriage too between Janet and John. I am unable to find his death, as the system I use is 1855-1957(scotlands People) I think John died before 1855.

Thanks

Nicki

sheilavee
11-Feb-08, 00:34
Hi Nicki
There were three children christened at Halkirk, who were born to John and Janet. Ann ch. 29 Oct 1811, Elizabeth ch. 1 Sep 1815 and Donald ch. 1815.(no date given for Donald - just year) The mothers name was Janet Campbell, so I assume they are yours. There were also two children born to John and ANN Campbell. These were - Donald 4 Jan 1817 and John 6 Sep 1818. As this mother was Ann, these children might not be the right familyhttp://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon5.gif , although I would have expected a John in there somewhere! Hope this helps .. Sheila

Nicki Mackay
16-Feb-08, 15:31
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me where you found this information from. I have been using Scotlands People, but I am unable to tie up these children to John and Janet.

Many thanks

Nicki

sheilavee
17-Feb-08, 18:11
Hi Nicki
I have PM'd you
sheilavee