PDA

View Full Version : Who would play YOU in a film?

scorrie
14-Jan-08, 17:44
OK, here's the deal. For some reason or another you hit the headlines in a big way, Hollywood now want to tell the story of your life. Which actor/actress from TV or Film, past or present would be best suited to play the role of yourself? Can be based on looks, a character they played in a movie or whatever reason you decide. What would the movie be called?

I'll kick off:-

I would be played by Anthony Edwards, who was Mark Green in ER. My wife reckons he looks quite like me and was a similar character in ER. I am a shade older but reckon I edge it on looks ;)

The film title is One Flew Over the Scorrie's Nest and it is definitely rated 18 for language!!

emb123
14-Jan-08, 17:58
For me it would have to be Ted Neeley. He played Jesus in the old 1970 Jesus Christ Superstar movie. Until recently I used to be almost as skinny as him in that movie and loads of people used to tell me I looked like him.

He's gotten a bit fatter these days, and yes, I still look like him :(

Oh well - I'm sure I can learn to enjoy counting calories all over again.

Rheghead
14-Jan-08, 18:02
Probably the best actor to play me would be Russell Crowe cos of looks(mrs says so lol) and the roles he has played that I can identify with.. If he refused, then Joachim Phoenix would do just as good.

honey
14-Jan-08, 18:08
i cant think of any actresses i look like, though years ago a kid i babysit for insisted a picture of Meg Ryan was me!!! :lol:

going with that picture thing i did on bebo, it said i look like heather graham.. i dont.. but hey, im not going to complain at that! :lol:

Torvaig
14-Jan-08, 18:18
Come on now, that is not the whole exercise; "What would the movie be called?"

After that reprimand I suppose I had better take part too...
I have been told I look like Glenn Close:eek: and the title of the film would be "101 Springer Spaniels".....:lol:

Metalattakk
14-Jan-08, 18:19
OK, here's the deal. For some reason or another you hit the headlines in a big way, Hollywood now want to tell the story of your life. Which actor/actress from TV or Film, past or present would be best suited to play the role of yourself? Can be based on looks, a character they played in a movie or whatever reason you decide. What would the movie be called?

I would be played by Anthony Edwards, who was Mark Green in ER. My wife reckons he looks quite like me and was a similar character in ER. I am a shade older but reckon I edge it on looks ;)

The film title is One Flew Over the Scorrie's Nest and it is definitely rated 18 for language!!

Recently, it feels like I've been Henry Fonda in "12 Angry .Orgers", so that'll do for me. ;)

Andrew C
14-Jan-08, 18:20
Wow what a question...lemme think :)

I think I'd want Robin Williams to play me...not that I'm incredibly funny, nor do I look like Mrs Doubtfire, but I strongly identify with his characters in both Patch Adams and Good Will Hunting....not that I'm a psychiatrist or a doc, but I love people and getting involved with people. Plus, he's not your regular Joe and he doesn't have the classic good looks of the likes of Crowe or Gibson, which is what you definetly don't need if you're playing me!

If he wasn't available, and it could be engineered, Shrek would do :) Ogres are like onions lol

The title of the film? 'Another Fine Mess' lol

emb123
14-Jan-08, 18:22
Come on now, that is not the whole exercise; "What would the movie be called?"

In my case it would probably be a movie version of the Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin :)

cuddlepop
14-Jan-08, 18:23
Julie Walter's not because I look like her but because only a mother whose been through the "wars" like me could carry it off.

I'd call it Outside In.:D

canuck
14-Jan-08, 18:33

I love Mark Green.

I love ER.

And now that MadPict has shown me how to work spell check, scorrie appears with a dotted red line under it.

twiglet
14-Jan-08, 20:09
OH reckons that Gillian Anderson would be a good choice to play me in a film and it would have to be called 'Itchy feet' not that I've had a wish to be living anywhere else since I landed in Caithness.

orkneylass
14-Jan-08, 20:21
If you're talking about me 30 years ago...Billie Piper.Now? Lindsay Duncan

paris
14-Jan-08, 20:55
It would have to be pauline quirk, from birds of a feather. I look and talk like her. And my film would be called " singing the blues" jan x:lol:

Lavenderblue2
14-Jan-08, 21:17
Well when I was young I was told I was very like Hayley Mills, but now, even though she is 13 years older than me I would like to be played by Judi Dench - she has the right amount of wrinkles :lol: (Maybe I flatter myself)

LB

karia
14-Jan-08, 21:36
I would have to go with Susan Sarandon...I don't look that much like her apart from the large eyes and sassy attitude and she is a lot older than me but my OH is the spitting image of her director husband Tim Robbins.

Film would be called...'Last Tango in Tesco's';)

orkneylass
14-Jan-08, 21:52
I would have to go with Susan Sarandon...I don't look that much like her apart from the large eyes and sassy attitude and she is a lot older than me but my OH is the spitting image of her director husband Tim Robbins.

Lucky you...what a boast!

Green_not_greed
14-Jan-08, 21:57
I was told that I resembled Viggo Mortenson in the Lord of the Rings films. Well, I doubt it these days! As for a film title for my life - I really haven't a clue........Too Old To Rock'n'Roll, Too Young To Die?

karia
14-Jan-08, 22:08
Lucky you...what a boast!

OMG I was playing myself down...I am more like a young Bette Davis (eyes again) sans fag..but with Tim Robbins!;)

or:eek:!

trinkie
14-Jan-08, 22:10
Margaret Rutherford would play me .
The film would be called 'The Big Splash.'

Trinkie

Thumper
14-Jan-08, 22:27

OMG!Karia you are right he DOES look like him! x

karia
14-Jan-08, 22:32
OMG!Karia you are right he DOES look like him!
x

I know..scarily so!:eek:

the second coming
14-Jan-08, 22:56
I would be Roger Rabbit.....

.... cos he's married to Jessica...GGRrRrrrrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrrgrgrgrg :grin:

scorrie
15-Jan-08, 00:19
I love Mark Green.

I love ER.

Signed photos $5 a pop. For you Canuck, I'll do a freebie ;)

karia
15-Jan-08, 00:25
Signed photos $5 a pop. For you Canuck, I'll do a freebie ;)

There's always one that lets the fame go to his head!:D

Sporran
15-Jan-08, 08:23
Based on looks and parts they've played, I'd have Sally Field or Janeane Garofalo play me. (I thought Janeane was great in "The Truth About Cats And Dogs"!) They're both short brunettes like I am. Sally is nine years older, and an inch taller than me. Janeane is nine years younger, and half an inch shorter than me. The movie would be called "Sporran Jones's Diary", and as well as Colin Firth, some of my other fave men would be in it too. These would include George Clooney, Pierce Brosnan, Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor and John Barrowman. They'd all be vying for me in the movie - John Barrowman included! :lol:

Lavenderblue2
15-Jan-08, 08:38
I forgot to say what my film might be called...

'LavenderBlue the movie' may be misconstrued, :confused a'hem.

So being as I chose Judi Dench to play me it'll have to be 'Lady likes lavender'

LB :lol:

Sporran
15-Jan-08, 08:52
Or how about "Ladies in Lavender - the sequel"? :) Judi Dench and Maggie Smith starred in the original version in 2004, Lavenderblue2.

Lolabelle
15-Jan-08, 10:39
I think Dawn French in "Two Dogs and a Fat Lady" would do it.

I look nothing like Dawn French but I really love her sense of humour, and I think I would like her romping around with two crazy ridgebacks.
(PS I think for a fat lady Dawn French is very attractive.)

Lavenderblue2
15-Jan-08, 11:16
Or how about "Ladies in Lavender - the sequel"? :) Judi Dench and Maggie Smith starred in the original version in 2004, Lavenderblue2.

Yes, I loved that film Sporran - such a gentle laid back film - my title 'Lady Likes Lavender' was just a wee slant on that :lol:

LB

scotsboy
15-Jan-08, 14:54
John Malkovic in I used to live there but I live here now

scorrie
15-Jan-08, 16:21
Probably the best actor to play me would be Russell Crowe cos of looks(mrs says so lol) and the roles he has played that I can identify with.. If he refused, then Joachim Phoenix would do just as good.

Russell Crowe?

Here Rheghead, I seem to recall you posted a photo of yourself on here a couple of years ago. Although the quality wasn't the clearest, I don't recall thinking of Russell Crowe at the time. Maybe if you had the Gladiator gear on it might help. Get yersel a skirt and a sword and take another snapshot. Hollywood awaits!!

Sporran
15-Jan-08, 19:25
I think this is a fun thread, Scorrie. Thanks for starting it! :)

Come on folks, don't be shy! We need some more of you to join in! :D

Phoenix200416
15-Jan-08, 19:42
Gosh I'll need to think.

I think I would have Drew Barrymore playing me as the Celebrity Morph thing I did a while back said I looked the most like her. Also "Never Been Kissed" is one of those Chick Flits that I like :D

Ummm...as for the title of the film....I don't know...."Phoenix flew"? As I found myself flying a long way from everything I knew when I moved upto Caithness!

ciderally
15-Jan-08, 20:47
i would be scarlett o'hara in gone with the wind...not for the looks but she was definatley a pisces ...everything .. put of untill tomorrow ...thats me

Phoenix200416
15-Jan-08, 23:28
i would be scarlett o'hara in gone with the wind...not for the looks but she was definatley a pisces ...everything .. put of untill tomorrow ...thats me

Ah, but tomorrow never comes Cinderally. ;) :lol:

Anne x
16-Jan-08, 01:24
I would of liked to of been the girl ( can't mind her name ) in Dirty Dancing that got Patrick Swazey I cant dance like that but oh what a part she had only thing in common with her height

karia
16-Jan-08, 01:31
I would of liked to of been the girl ( can't mind her name ) in Dirty Dancing that got Patrick Swazey I cant dance like that but oh what a part she had only thing in common with her height

Yuk!

I've lost all respect for you now!

OMG I have to go to sleep now with 'weebie swazey' in his tight trews dancing through my mind!:mad:

Ricardo...this is a fine example of what NOT to do to interest women!:lol:

sweetpea
16-Jan-08, 01:41
I had to have a think about this one and my conclusion is: ither of these

Liz Hurley in that dress

Guy once told me I was A Better Actress than Elizabeth Taylor, Whatever that means?

I'd like to be Meg Ryan in Prizzi's Honour too;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
16-Jan-08, 14:58
John Cleese,but he'd have to shave his hair all off and his tash.:lol:

honey
16-Jan-08, 15:28

Jennifer Grey was the actress that played Baby. And i would love to be able to dance like that.. ill be getting the Dirty Dancing workout soon to give it a bash!! :lol:

Sporran
16-Jan-08, 17:08
John Cleese,but he'd have to shave his hair all off and his tash.:lol:

And what would the movie be called, Cedric? :cool:

Jeemag_USA
16-Jan-08, 17:55
Kevin Spacey, and hopefully the movie will be called "How winning the Lottery changed my life!" LOL [lol]

Got my tickets for tonight :Razz

danc1ngwitch
16-Jan-08, 19:20
Would have to be Demi moore, cause my girls X boyfriend swore i reminded him of her[lol], anyway ermmmmmm i might do:eek: ( if he was keeping me going lol )

thebigman
16-Jan-08, 19:40
Robbie Coultrane :-)

Movie title "Big Fish"

karia
16-Jan-08, 20:01
Robbie Coultrane :-)

Movie title "Big Fish"

Ahh bigman....That would be a 'Cracker'!:lol::lol:

Margaret M.
17-Jan-08, 01:57
John Malkovic in I used to live there but I live here now

People say I look like Suzanne Somers so would it be OK if she co-starred with John since the title is perfect?

Sporran
17-Jan-08, 21:53
Now I know why you looked familiar in your elfyourself pic, Margaret! :cool:

Bobinovich
17-Jan-08, 23:18
Hmmmm, according to those 'match your face to a celebrity' sites I'd be somewhere between Tobey McGuire and Colin Firth :eek:

The film would have to be sort of like Jerry McGuire (coincidentally) - guy changes life & leaves job to go it on his own, picking up a cracking lassie on the way - they may not make millions but they do live happily ever after!!!

Film title: For Love or Lust - read into that one what you will! [lol]

Mik.M.
17-Jan-08, 23:23
Hev reckons Robson Green should play me and I reckon Gillian Anderson (Scully-X Files)should play her .

Thumper
17-Jan-08, 23:26
Catherine Tate...but............. am I bovvered? [lol] x

miranda
17-Jan-08, 23:35
used to be told i looked a lot like carly simon(singer..remember her)when i had longer hair and was a couple of years younger ..lol(maybe 15 yrs younger) but would like Julia roberts to play me ,i love her smile:D

helenwyler
17-Jan-08, 23:41
Oh dear. According to a site called My Heritage Face Recognition I look like Kirsten Dunst (who she?) or Prince William. Royalty or vampire/spiderman sidekick:eek:.

Personally, I'd prefer Dorothy Tutin...:confused

Sporran
17-Jan-08, 23:57
What would the movies about you be called, Thumper and Miranda?

Thumper, seeing as you've just said Catherine Tate should play you (one of my fave impersonators, BTW!), perhaps your movie could be called "The Many Faces Of Thumper Rabbit"! :lol:

Miranda, perhaps your movie could be "Carly Miranda - The Brazilian Bombshell" or "Carly Woman"! :D

WeeBurd
18-Jan-08, 01:07
Oh dear. According to a site called My Heritage Face Recognition I look like Kirsten Dunst (who she?) or Prince William. Royalty or vampire/spiderman sidekick.

Personally, I'd prefer Dorothy Tutin...

We must be cyber-twins Helen, another alleged Kirsten Dunst-a-like here [lol].

I'm still racking my brains on a WeeBurd movie...

Anne x
18-Jan-08, 01:19
We must be cyber-twins Helen, another alleged Kirsten Dunst-a-like here [lol].

tongue in cheek wee burd "" One flew over the Cuckoo nest " sorry for pun could not resist

Anne x
18-Jan-08, 01:25
Yuk!

I've lost all respect for you now!

OMG I have to go to sleep now with 'weebie swazey' in his tight trews dancing through my mind
Ricardo...this is a fine example of what NOT to do to interest women!:lol:

LOL karia just me long ago !!! I am 5ft 1ns so maybe okay with sleazy swazey moved on from that well a bit !!! just wish I could dance then any old highlander would do !!! no maybe not !!!

Anne x
18-Jan-08, 01:27
Jennifer Grey was the actress that played Baby. And i would love to be able to dance like that.. ill be getting the Dirty Dancing workout soon to give it a bash!! :lol:

thanks Honey new there was someone out there who would agree

WeeBurd
18-Jan-08, 02:13
tongue in cheek wee burd "" One flew over the Cuckoo nest " sorry for pun could not resist

Lol Anne, I like your style! I'm ashamed to admit though, I've never actually seen the movie [para]...

wifie
18-Jan-08, 02:51
Well according to the site helenwyler mentioned I look like Julianna Margulies so we could start our own ER scorrie - lol! (She was the only person I recognised that I looked like - for anyone who does know what I look like and went - what?????) Anyway my film title would be "Once, Twice Three Times A Wifie". [I know this person is dead but OH did suggest Joan Crawford - something about wire hangers - lol! (Mommie Dearest ref!)]

Lolabelle
18-Jan-08, 07:20
Oh dear. According to a site called My Heritage Face Recognition I look like Kirsten Dunst (who she?) or Prince William. Royalty or vampire/spiderman sidekick:eek:.

Personally, I'd prefer Dorothy Tutin...:confused

I just tried this one Helen and it told me I look like Christina Ricci!!!
Bit of a stretch in my opinion, but I'll take it, lol.

helenwyler
18-Jan-08, 09:12
We must be cyber-twins Helen, another alleged Kirsten Dunst-a-like here .

I'm happy to be your cyber twin WeeBurd!

I have bird connections too...used to be nicknamed 'Nest' at primary school due to masses of unkempt, curly hair[lol]!

Movie titles...'A Burd in the Hand'....or even 'Two in the Bush'?:eek:

scotsboy
18-Jan-08, 10:08
People say I look like Suzanne Somers so would it be OK if she co-starred with John since the title is perfect?

No problem Margaret..............I'm hoping to get Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Anniston interested as well.

scorrie
18-Jan-08, 17:33
Well according to the site helenwyler mentioned I look like Julianna Margulies so we could start our own ER scorrie - lol! ]

Nurse Hathaway, report to my office for your annual medical exam ;)

wifie
18-Jan-08, 17:56
Nurse Hathaway, report to my office for your annual medical exam ;)

Oooooer Scorrie - which version of ER did you watch? LOL ;) And don't look at me like that from your avatar....................phwa!

Metalattakk
18-Jan-08, 17:59
LOL! Scorrie's turned into Sid James, in 'Carry On, Doctor'. :D

scorrie
18-Jan-08, 18:18
Oooooer Scorrie - which version of ER did you watch? LOL ;) And don't look at me like that from your avatar....................phwa!

You wouldn't be saying that if it were Dr Doug Ross!!

miranda
18-Jan-08, 21:30
the website my heritage face recognition came up with Sandie Shaw so perhaps i'll be ..the puppet on a string lol:lol:

wifie
19-Jan-08, 00:06
You wouldn't be saying that if it were Dr Doug Ross!!

What? Now the Clooney man - well what can I say? But if you knew my OH receding hair lines and specs are more my thing - LOL ;)

Sorry digressing - maybe we should start an ER appreciation thread!

I would also like to thank HW for mentioning the face recognition site (such fun) - but was disappointed poor OH had no double - maybe he is unique!

TBH
19-Jan-08, 00:22
Oh dear. According to a site called My Heritage Face Recognition I look like Kirsten Dunst (who she?) or Prince William. Royalty or vampire/spiderman sidekick.

Personally, I'd prefer Dorothy Tutin...:confusedYou are lucky it wasn't Fred Durst.[lol]

WeeBurd
19-Jan-08, 00:41
I'm happy to be your cyber twin WeeBurd!

I have bird connections too...used to be nicknamed 'Nest' at primary school due to masses of unkempt, curly hair!

Movie titles...'A Burd in the Hand'....or even 'Two in the Bush'?

Helen, you just made me fall of my nest in a fit of giggles! Although your post has rendered me speechless for fear of getting barred for use of innuendo! [lol]