PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Roads

wotchooterapolis
09-Jan-08, 18:26
What a bloody mess! POT HOLES all over the town, about time the council got their finger out and sorted them. Outside the clydesdale bank and the station hotel to name but a few.
Its just a matter of time before there's an accident caused by drivers trying to avoid them.

braalterr903
09-Jan-08, 18:33
Yes Roads Are Bad In Thurso And Wick Its About Time They Fixed Them All.

thebigman
09-Jan-08, 19:34
Perhaps a call to the offices to report the potholes would get a quicker response than posting on here.

The ones at the Station were reported today.

wotchooterapolis
09-Jan-08, 19:47
I think the council use the roads aswell as us, so I don't think a phone call would make any difference, if they can't see them while driving around then what chance do we have.

orkneylass
09-Jan-08, 20:15
I think the council use the roads aswell as us, so I don't think a phone call would make any difference, if they can't see them while driving around then what chance do we have.

What a bizarre outlook on life!

TRUCKER
09-Jan-08, 20:18
The holes out-side the bank are scotland transerv out-side the hotel is the council bit there is that many cutbacks the holes hardly ever get patched.

orkneylass
09-Jan-08, 20:21
What I mean is, if nobody complains or points out what needs doing, nothing will get done. I can't be doing with people who always think it is someone else's responsibility to do something and will never go through the right channels to make things happen - just moan on public fora instead.

Riffman
09-Jan-08, 20:27
Like the hole that was at the junction of our road, been getting deeper for two years, only fixed last month as the council lorries were dropping into it....

And it only took them a couple of hours to do, and if they had done it last year it would have been a tiny job, not the big one it ended up.

Prevention goes a long way on road, don't wait until its wrecked, fix it sooner!

grandma
09-Jan-08, 22:08
I phoned council and complained about huge hole outside Richard's garage in Wick which was hard to avoid with my bike last year and it was patched within the week. Maybe they had extra funds or something at the time. Maybe if enough people let them know they might do something about it.

wotchooterapolis
09-Jan-08, 22:08
What I mean is, if nobody complains or points out what needs doing, nothing will get done. I can't be doing with people who always think it is someone else's responsibility to do something and will never go through the right channels to make things happen - just moan on public fora instead.

Like yourself eh.
I was mearly stating a fact.

Cattach
10-Jan-08, 08:55
On the junction in front of the Thurso war memorial there is a pool of water you could sail a boat in. Been there for weeks. A pedestrian walking that way has to jump clear when cars pass or 'enjoy' a shower.
Blocked drain I guess so must be council responsibility.

braalterr903
10-Jan-08, 12:54
Why Should We Have To Phone If They Did Them Rite The First Time They Wouldent Be The Way They Are Now.and Its Bad The Water That Are On The Road Now Between Thurso And Wick A Danger To Everyone.

Solus
10-Jan-08, 13:38
When I was living in Aberdeen the council had a page on their web site to inform them of any road defects, you just filled it in online and sent it. Is the same available from the council here ? saves loads of hassle telephoning.

badger
10-Jan-08, 14:10
When I was living in Aberdeen the council had a page on their web site to inform them of any road defects, you just filled it in online and sent it. Is the same available from the council here ? saves loads of hassle telephoning.

That sounds like a really good idea - especially now that our nearest Council Roads Manager is in Brora. I'm sure there used to be one in Wick but I suppose that's all part of centralisation. Should be grateful he's not in Inverness [disgust].

Another way to complain is by attending your local Ward Forum - there are links to them now on the front page so you can see where and when they are, although the actual pages are not always updated as often as they might be. These are attended by Council officials, local Councillors and Community Councillors. So get along and tell them.

crashbandicoot1979
10-Jan-08, 17:49
Going off topic a bit here but another thing about driving in Thurso that annoys me is the traffic lights at Tesco. The green man comes up even if there is no one there to press the button and if you're unlucky, you end up sat there for ages without a pedestrian in sight. Haven't a clue who that should be reported to though - does anyone know?

gollach
10-Jan-08, 19:39
Going off topic a bit here but another thing about driving in Thurso that annoys me is the traffic lights at Tesco. The green man comes up even if there is no one there to press the button and if you're unlucky, you end up sat there for ages without a pedestrian in sight. Haven't a clue who that should be reported to though - does anyone know?
The pedestrian button at the crossing is stuck.

riggerboy
10-Jan-08, 19:46
do people still use the roads in thurso, i thought since wick became the metropolis of caithness that thurso was now empty and a dull black hole on the map lol