PDA

View Full Version : Laptop problem

Venture
05-Jan-08, 19:37
Can anyone help me with this problem. On the laptop everytime I go to write something after a few words it jumps back into the text Im writing. Im using a wireless mouse andwondered if its because im maybe touching the touchpad that this is happening. if so would it help to disable it and if so how do you do it. cheers for any help.

Bobinovich
05-Jan-08, 19:55
It sounds as though you've hit the nail on the head there - touchpads can be quite sensitive and a wee brush can often cause problems.

You can disable the touchpad when using an external mouse. The icon is usually displayed in the System Tray by the clock. Mine says "Synaptics Pointing Device" when you move your mouse over it, and right clicking on said icon and going into the Properties menu option should allow you to turn off the device completely (or simply reduce it's sensitivity if you'd prefer).

Let us know if that sorts your problem.

Venture
05-Jan-08, 22:15
Thanks for the advice. Went into properties and found a section called tapping. Turned this off and it did the trick. Now I can type without it looking like Chinese. Much obliged to you. Happy New Year.