PDA

View Full Version : Man hours involved

ashaw1
04-Jan-08, 14:42
How frustrating is it when your child gets a lovely huge toy as a present only to open to open the box to find it comes in a million tiny pieces. When you buy a shed or other large item of furniture you are usually advised in advance of the man hours involved in constructing it. Would this not also be a good idea for childrens toys?

After telling my hubby last night i was going upstairs for half an hour to help my 9yr old son construct his playmobil castle i emerged over an hour later with only half of it constructed. It is an impressive item and i do understand that to make the packaging of items as small as possible some pieces do need to be broken down but could there not be some kind of warning. You need to be a construction engineer to understand the instructions and that's if you get past the fact that the leaflet is the size of a home shopping catalogue!

starry
04-Jan-08, 14:48
I remember my ex spending most of Christmas putting together a Barbie princess carriage, it really did take hours.
He had just finished sat back looking all proud of himself and my youngest tripped, landed on it and the whole thing when back into 29085 little bits.

[lol]

paris
04-Jan-08, 15:15
I can only thank the people who brought my grandson a potters wheel for christmas. After lunch he kept asking if i would do it with him.......well what a mess everything got in to ! I only wish they had been here to do it with him instead of me.......never again .:lol: jan x