PDA

View Full Version : Antique safe

porshiepoo
29-Dec-07, 17:19
I really don't know if anyone will be able to help with this but I've tried everything else I can think of so here goes.
We have an old steel floor safe (post office / bank?) but we've managed to lose the key to it and we really wanted to renovate it and use it.
Does anyone know whether there is any way of finding a master key or changing the lock in some way?
I'm assuming it's old but I can't find out anything about the maker. The safe has a metal badge on the front that says Walker & son, Resisting, Penn St, Belmont Row, Birmingham. I've looked everywhere on the net but can't find anything out and it would be such a shame not to be able to use this safe.

Any ideas

sassylass
29-Dec-07, 17:25
Have you called a locksmith? They can work wonders.

paris
29-Dec-07, 17:29
Is it filled with goodies Poo ? or empty. ? jan xx
and what may i ask have you got thats worth anything to put in it !! LOL jan x

johno
29-Dec-07, 19:16
i know someone that can break anything. just pm me your addy and consider the job done,[lol] [lol]

northener
29-Dec-07, 19:47
If it's an antique safe then I would assume the key lock is rather large.

If you fancy a bit of fun, you could always have a look online for a basic guide to lock picking and arm yourselves with some lockpicking tools.

Dress up in stripey T shirts, with a mask and a bag marked 'swag'. Instant safecracking party!

Or dynamite.....

Bobinovich
29-Dec-07, 20:50
i know someone that can break anything. just pm me your addy and consider the job done, [lol]

Heck I'll just send round my 7 year old - he can break anything :roll:

bobandag16
29-Dec-07, 22:52
:D
I really don't know if anyone will be able to help with this but I've tried everything else I can think of so here goes.
We have an old steel floor safe (post office / bank?) but we've managed to lose the key to it and we really wanted to renovate it and use it.
Does anyone know whether there is any way of finding a master key or changing the lock in some way?
I'm assuming it's old but I can't find out anything about the maker. The safe has a metal badge on the front that says Walker & son, Resisting, Penn St, Belmont Row, Birmingham. I've looked everywhere on the net but can't find anything out and it would be such a shame not to be able to use this safe.

Any ideas
try royal engineers. they can do anything. could always blow lock off.

johno
29-Dec-07, 23:03
Heck I'll just send round my 7 year old - he can break anything :roll:
were on the same lines here bob cept mine,s is a whole lot bigger an older.[lol]

porshiepoo
29-Dec-07, 23:57
:lol: I guess I really should have known better. :lol:

Bobinovich
30-Dec-07, 01:41
Sorry Porshie! Could try Sinclairs Shoe Shop (http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=721) in Thurso - they are also a locksmiths.

Royster1911
30-Dec-07, 07:07
Sorry Porshie! Could try Sinclairs Shoe Shop (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=721) in Thurso - they are also a locksmiths.
The only thing you will be breaking in here are the shoes. :Razz The link is for Sinclairs in Rose Street / Olrig Street.