PDA

View Full Version : George SINCLAIR = Francisina SINCLAIR

Peterd500
17-Dec-07, 12:08
Any descendants of George SINCLAIR & Francisina SINCLAIR out there?

peter

Linda Sinclair
09-May-09, 07:57
You have said in a previous thread that Francisina Sinclair was the sister of Temple Frederick Sinclair who married Margaret Finlayson. Temple and Margaret are my gg grandparents.

You said you have made contact with descendants of George and Francisina in Christchurch NZ.
If you still have their email I would like to contact them. My email is linda.sinclair@vodafone.co.nz

I have only just started tracing my ancestors and have substantiated my ancestral line as far as
Francis Sinclair and Margaret Horne.I got this information from Temple Frederick Sinclair's Death Certificate dated 1888. But I have no information about them. Do you?

You say that Margaret Horne was apparently the daughter of Alexander Horn and Helen Miller. Is this a fact? They would be my gggg grandparents.

It's all getting very unweildy. Would you mind emailing me on the above email address. Thanks.

Linda Sinclair
NEW ZEALAND

CorneliusC
11-May-09, 10:59
I might be - yes! I'm a little out of touch with my genealogical research, but I too made contact with someone in Christchurch a few years ago who was related to me via the Class/Clyne line: the same person?

scotsannie
20-May-09, 19:13
:lol: They are my 3 x Gt Grandad and Granny their son George born 12th Nov 1844 married Georgina Bain they are my 2 x Gt Grandad and Granny. Georgina was the daughter of John Bain born 1812 who was the son of John Bain born 1772, and John born 1812 was the brother of Alexander Bain born 1810 the Inventor.

Peterd500
11-Jun-09, 02:47
Hi Selena

You and I were briefly in contact. I'm in Christchurch. You descend from Cornelius CLASS & Christina NICOL? I was in touch with CLASS/CLYNE descendants in Christchurch who descend from Cornelius's brother Sutherland Gow GLASS.

Sutherland Gow GLASS married Margaret SINCLAIR who was a daughter of George SINCLAIR & Francisina SINCLAIR. George SINCLAIR was the son of Alexander SINCLAIR & Elizabeth SUTHERLAND (aka betty MCRYRIE), son of James SINCLAIR the chamberlain (=first marriage to Anna ROBERTSON), son of Donald SINCLAIR the sailor (=Catherine SINCLAIR), so of David SINCLAIR of Broynach & Janet EWING.

I descend from James SINCLAIR the chamberlain's second marriage to Elspeth SINCLAIR.

Peter