PDA

View Full Version : Oag, Mackay,Murray,Wilson Families

ky78
15-Dec-07, 03:35
Im researching my family on my dads side and have come 2 a standstill and seeing as he became an orphan at 3yrs old, im a little stuck regarding my Oag, Mackay, Murray and Wilson family all from my dads mothers side. While researching i hav found that a great deal of the Oag families came from Wick hence why im posting my meesage.
I live in Australia so please if any of the names etc ring true with ur families please could u reply or contact me.
My research has stemmed from my dads birth certificate and me stumbling across his mothers death reg on scotlandspeople.

Alexander/Alex Oag a Fisherman married Elizabeth Mackay (My GGgrandparents). I have not been able 2 find a marriage for them nor birth dates and havent yet found them on the Scotland Census.

They had at least 1 son (My Grt Grandfather)
Alexander Oag a Dock Labourer/Stevedore's Foreman
Born: abt 1883/1884 (Info from his marriage cert, ive been unable 2 find his birth)
Married: Mary Jane m.s. Murray previously Wilson on 5/11/1915 at South Leith, Leith.
They resided at 34 Glover St, Leith I know till at least 1956.
They had at least 1 daughter (My Grandmother)
Elizabeth Mackay Oag
Born: 9/10/1915, St Giles, Edinburgh
I know that Elizabeth resided in the Glasgow/Lanark area from at least 1944.
She sadly passed away when my dad was just 3yrs old on 24/4/1947 the addres given on her death cert is Crookston Rd, Glasgow and her death was registered in Pollock, Glasgow.

Elizabeth Oag's mother Mary Jane Oag m.s. Murray had been previously married to William Wilson born: abt 1870 at Banff, Rathren
Mary Jane Murray
Born: abt 1878, Haddington, East Leith (found on the scot census's)
Married: William Wilson married 2/12/1898, Saint Andrew, Edinburgh
They had at least 1 daughter
Mary Ann Wilson
Born: 26/7/1898, Edinburgh, Leith

Mary Jane m.s. Murray had stated on her marriage reg 2 both William Wilson and Alexander Oag, that her parents were Mary Ann m.s. McGhee and George Murray, though what i have found regarding Mary Jane Murray is that she was an illegitimate child to Mary Ann Murray and have yet 2 find who her father is.
I have found Mary Jane m.s. Murray along with her mother Mary Ann Murray born abt 1852/56 (from Scot census 1881/1901 birth varies) an Outworker and her siblings who i have found 2 be also have their births reg as being illegitimate child to Mary Ann Murray whos children are as follows:

*James Murray born abt 1874, Pencaitland, Haddington (Scot census 1881/1901)
*Mary Jane Murray born abt 1877, Pencaitland, Haddington (Scot census 1881/1901)
*Elizabeth Murray born 25/8/1879, Haddington, Haddington (Birth reg and Scot Census 1881/1901)
* Ann Murray born 25/8/1879, Haddington, Haddinton (birth reg and Scot census 1881-1901)
Elizabeth and Ann were twins.
*Winnifred Murray Born 22/1/1883, Whitkirk, Haddington
Thank you so very much 4 reading my long winded message.
Again plz if any of the names etc ring true with you family can u plz contact me. :D