PDA

View Full Version : Broadband - Advice Please

jings00
09-Dec-07, 22:47
Hey ho
I've been trying to help my brother get broadband and I will be looking to get this also, in the new year. Anyways, you know you get the offers through, log on to blah blah and input your phone number to see if you can take up the offer, well, when I put in my brothers telephone number, or my own, the online test thingie says that the telephone/line number is not compatible. It is AOL broadband I am after, (for me too, when I go for it) and I have spoken to BT lots of times, and AOL. Dialup is no problemo, just the broadband. BT say (my brother's and mine) the phone line is okay, ADSL enabled, AOL and TalkTalk (I tried another service provider just to see) say that the line is not compatible. Has anyone else had this sorta hassle and how did it get resolved? I currently have a complaint email into BT but I don't expect an answer real soon.
Thanks.

botheed
09-Dec-07, 22:52
If U R On A Bt Low User Scheme, U Wont Get Aol Brod

Mr_Me19
10-Dec-07, 08:28
It seems to be a rather nice perk from BT to stop you from going to other providers for broadband.... I am quite happy with BT though and would reccomend it. I would reccomend ANYTHING before AOL too.

jings00
11-Dec-07, 16:52
thanks peeps,
ach i am happy with aol so far though.
but, why not a light user scheme? (i might be bein thick, but..?)

NickInTheNorth
11-Dec-07, 17:03
thanks peeps,
ach i am happy with aol so far though.
but, why not a light user scheme? (i might be bein thick, but..?)

You'll not be happy with AOheLl if you can't get connected :) There are many exchanges in Scotland on which your only realistic choice is BT - and then at no more than 512k.

AOL are a true nightmare - and not even an Internet Service Provider