PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with a Zip on the Pram Cover

Rheghead
07-Dec-07, 15:54
The zip has broken on the pram cover, is there anywhere locally that will sew a good strong replacement zip in place? And what sort of price and turnaround should I expect as winter will soon bite down on the wee bairn's tootsies!:D

Isn't it annoying that a simple zip failure can render such expensive equipment totally inoperable? :confused

Thanks

Buttercup
07-Dec-07, 15:59
The zip has broken on the pram cover, is there anywhere locally that will sew a good strong replacement zip in place? And what sort of price and turnaround should I expect as winter will soon bite down on the wee bairn's tootsies!:D

Isn't it annoying that a simple zip can render such expensive equipment totally inoperable? :confused
Thanks

Don't know what kind of material the cover is but try Elizabeth's or even Alistair Sinclair (the shoe repairer) if it's stiff or very thick material.

Thumper
07-Dec-07, 16:33
the shoe repair shop in Thurso will repair it no probs Rheg,not sure if they have zips but you could always buy one and take it in with you!x

marlyn
08-Dec-07, 09:36
Yep, Sinclairs shoe repairers in Thurso repaired my pram cover - and it was from an 'old fashioned' hard bodied pram, so the cover is really thick and tough. They could not have been more helpful. Would certainly go and ask them first, my repair was not a zip, but it certainly didn't cost more than a couple of pounds, ans I just left it with them for a couple of hours - went to do my shopping and it was fixed.

Rheghead
08-Dec-07, 11:01
Thank you very much for the suggestions, you are lifesavers, I will certainly follow it up. :Razz